Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Counting the pennies?? Lets count 'em so - check your jars at home!!

• 16-10-2008 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Everyone is talking about counting their pennies at the moment, and, in a moment of exceptional boredom, I decided to do just that......

....I broke open the piggy bank....counted the coppers only and had the princely sum of......

**** €11.00 exactly! ****

Break those piggy banks open and lets see whats in there!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Phfwoar, coppers only, i'd expect around 20 quid. I'll have to count it when i'm really bored:)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭sthealy

;) he he, during another enlightening moment during more innocent times (january 2008:D), i cleared €36 in unused shrapnel!!!

How much is out there?????!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I have a catering size marshmallow jar full of coins, I'd wager in the region of €40 in coppers only, I generally just give it a rattle and skim out the big boys (like 20c coins. God I'm poor)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭gaz wac

I have a old large 2L bottle of vodka which I throw in all my coins in from €1 down....counted about a month ago and there was over €320 in it :eek::eek:

Started emptying quick enough, when we started to use it for take aways etc :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shleepies

12cents... all mine

• Advertisement

lol electro~bitch.....i'm planning on buying a couple of lotto tickets....

here's an idea posters - why don't we all do the same numbers in the lotto and split the (HUGE!) winnings lmao :D

€320!! :eek: impressive.... think of all the lotto tickets that will buy lol :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

gaz wac wrote: »
    I have a old large 2L bottle of vodka which I throw in all my coins in from €1 down....counted about a month ago and there was over €320 in it :eek::eek:

Started emptying quick enough, when we started to use it for take aways etc :(

Firstly; how does one go about getting one of those babies, secondly; grammar nazi moment, it's an old 2L vodka bottle, not an old 2L bottle of vodka, unless you've been making metal flavour vodka?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭gaz wac

ha ha :D ^^

My mam was over in Boston and brought it home for me. Could have been more but the top is just under the size of a €2 coin so wont go in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I swallow my change so I have none to count...although I did once shit out €3.54!

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: i can only imagine the pain.... and the picture of shock on the face of the newsagent as you paid for the morning papers.....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

€2.82

Coppers.

nearly enough for a pint! lol What else is out there ppl????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I have one of those gigantic coca cola plastic coca cola bottles, its about a third the way full, with 50c and under, mostly 1s, 2s and 5s. I counted it a while ago and there was bout 250€ in it!! Was dead happy with it, because alot of it is money I pick up on the ground when out, or money other people leave lying on their floor, regarded as useless. I ask can I have it, they look at me strangely, but say "ok" They'd be laughing at what Im doing...who's laughing now!!

nice! anyone else got some pennies to share haha??

drum roll.....€10.50 (sign of the times eh?!)

anyone else?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

176c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

"If you want me... Come on and fcukin' find me. I'll be waitin'... with a gun and a pack of sandwiches... I'm waitin'..." - Radiohead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

*Note to self, Stop doing stupid things and go study*

• Advertisement

well those posts gave me a good giggle lads!

incidentally i have about another tenner in changer after being out last night...and a headache....hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

No way I'm counting them , but they weigh just over 1kg.
    Will bring them down to the change machine in Supervalu sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dubchild

I have a piggy bank in the shape of a pig haha, i counted 28 euros but i'll raid it soon i'm sure :)

€28 quid is impressive, prob better there than in the bank too!! ;)

Advertisement