Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone fined yet

Options
  • 16-10-2008 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

€1000 for driving unaccompanied and no L Plates????????

I was stopped by Gardai and explained i' waiting on a test date and they were fine left me off with a warning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Yep its apparent that they're not really enforcing it, same thing happened to two people I know aswell. Never heard of anyone getting fined and I don't expect to either. €1000 is a laughable figure, no wonder nobody takes it seriously. You'd want to be running into an absolute git of a cop to even consider getting such a fine. They need to change the penalty for driving unaccompanied to something realistic and something the cops can actually enforce without feeling like the biggest jerks alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

In before the lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Is it too much to expect the Gardai to do their job? Why should he/she feel a jerk for getting an unqualified driver off the road, that's what they are supposed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This topic has been done over and over on here. So unless someone comes up with a good reason to keep it open.
    Thread closed/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement