Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Become a Legend stories

Options
  • 16-10-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,536 ✭✭✭✭

So, what is your Become a Legend story?

I signed for Wigan after an average enough opening match.

In my first training session i setup a goal but the first team beat my second string side 2-1. Didn't do much of note in the second training session.

third training session saw me score my first goal, a ghosting run in between the centre backs got me some space in the box to volley home the cross at the near post. Manager was very impressed with me - made the bench for the home game to Man United. Game didn't go well for me - came on at half time, with the side 1-0 down to a Ronaldo strike, was positioned in the AM role (despite being a CM) and hit the bar with a shot from 18, eventually we lost the game 2-0.:(

Made the bench again for the away game against Arsenal, came on at half time again in the AM role, with the game at 2-2 (Wigan coming from behind twice) This time my introduction was telling, getting on the end of a cut back to the edge of the box to rifle the ball in off the far left post - 3-2 Wigan and thats how it stayed, a great win, moving the side up to 12th and I got man of the match too!

Again selected on the bench agaist West Ham in the Cup (we had lost the first leg 1-0), terrible first half performance from the starting 11, no shots at all, but kept West Ham to 0-0. I made my way onto the pitch again at half time, again in the AM role supporting Heskey - and again I got a goal which put the game in extra time.

I missed a glorious chance in the first half of extra time - volleying over when i wanted a little clip to the far post - BUGGER. game went to penalties, and despite managing to slot mine away, we went out.:( Still, got a rating of 8 and man of the match - don't know if the supporters would agree!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

That off the bar from 18, 1 down to United. You must of been a happy guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,536 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

armour87 wrote: »
    That off the bar from 18, 1 down to United. You must of been a happy guy.
    nah - i'm a PROFESSIONAL:D

I signed with Wigan and it took about 4 training matches before i was called up as a striker on the bench. What was good was i was brought on against Reading and we were 1 - 0 down. I managed to score in the 90th minute to make it 1 -1 .

I have now played 5 games and i have 3 goals .

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

The Be A Legend aspect sounds almost good enough to buy the game for itself. Am I right or do ye see it getting repetitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Yay set up a goal in my scout match. The other team equalised but we had a corner minutes later. Arrived from outside the box onto the back post and scored a diving header. Jumped round the room. :D

Controls are a bit wierd and would have loved to be able to play in the defence but ah well seems good!

• Advertisement

The Be A Legend aspect sounds almost good enough to buy the game for itself. Am I right or do ye see it getting repetitive?

It is actually . I am a few games in so i want to see what will happen. Will i sign for another club or not. I want to update the jerseys though .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

How does it actually work is it all online? are the rest of your team mates other human players, or are they AI, so many questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The Be a Legend mode is class, it really is worth the price of the game for this feature alone. You start out as a 17 year old in a youth match and three clubs come in with an offer, depending on how well you do. You sign for a team and then try to break through from the reserves to the Subs bench, then from the Subs bench to get into the first team. Maybe even get a big transfer or an international call-up.

You're allowed to keep playing until you are 35 ... That's 18 full seasons to keep you busy. I'm well hooked to it already - I haven't even started looking at the Master League yet!

Then there's the online 'Legends' mode. This is where you take your player out for a game online with or against up to four others. This wasn't enabled yesterday (because the product was only to be released today), but looks promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Class :) I got sent off in my first match :D

Ya muppet :D

Thats brilliant though. What a way to start a career LMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Grr 5 training games played and still can't get on the bench. Twice i've had unreal efforts smack off the bar from about 30 yards. The service to me is shocking! :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

dying to get a change to play it ****ING WORK SHIOT

Got snapped up by Villa. Made the first team bench on week 10 away to the Pool (Me being a United supporter this was a little special) Came on at half time 0-0. Put in the center midfield. Played a sweet through ball for harewood who buried it Won the game 2-0. Falling in love with this game :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,536 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

my gripe is that the stas for the player are so low, and take so long to update - the points improvement should be a bit faster imo. Anyone know if your stats are always generally average when you start or if you get Rooney/Messi 17yo stats the odd time?

Dunno I took wing back as my preffered position and my speed and stamina are in the 80s but rest is pretty poor :) dont mind as I figure itll 5 or 6 seasons before your hitting your best..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

signed for wigan as an AMF. they played me in cmf for the first game and I set up a goal and got a 7 rating. they played me out right second time and i was awful but had some nice passes. the third game I got my "first goal". corner came in and defender cleaared it outside the box. another team mate whacked a shot and it hit my player in the face and bounced in :D. I got a 7 rating again. next game I hit the bar with an open goal from about 3 yards in the first minute :rolleyes: but I made up for it with a dummy to wrong foot the defender and smached in a shot from 25 yards into the top corner. could have had another 1 or 2 in that game but they came on my bad foot and the shots are too weak.

the default camera can be a bit annoying when tryin to run straight and it starts to rotate but it is very fun. Just made the bench and now im off out to celebrate with the lads. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I had the chance to sign for Hull, Spurs of West Ham. I chose Hull as I think I can make the team quicker.

What camera are you using for this mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Created a Supporting Striker. In my Scouted match at the start, I was involved in the build up for two goals (I assisted the assist both times) and grabbed the winning goal in a 3-2 victory. Signed for Sunderland. Never made the bench once, and only made the training A team once. Have moved to Blackburn during the first set of Negotiations so I'll see how things go from here, they dont have too many strikers so I might get a game or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Created a Striker, 182cm and playing at Top Player. Played very average in the scouting match and I signed for West Brom for 150

Played 5-6 training matches before I was called up to the A team for training. These were extremely boring as west broms team is awful. Most of the time they were playing me as the lone striker, not great when your relatively small and crap! Never got anywhere near a decent chance , I kept having to drop deep to try make something happen cause the other lads were doing nothing! Didn't score at all in trainings

First game on the bench was against the mancs. Came on after about 60mins or so 1-0 down to an Anderson goal. The first team were a decent bit better than the reserve boyos so I actually got the ball once or twice. Managed to bag a goal too :) ball played to me at the edge of the box, turned up past one and side footed it into the corner 1-1! Then they scored in the 88min, dont even know who scored as I play with the wide camera angle. Ended up getting MIP so i was happy enough with that. That was where my joy ended though. Was getting half games for a while and was doing ok, but West brom are muck! I started the last two games before the transfer window but I had enough of west brom! Moved to Hull for 280(around that anyways)

Made it straight into the subs bench so was happy not to go back to the training games. Hull are better than west brom, but still not great. Im about 6 games into there season with my greatest achievement so far setting up a goal to knock Liverpool out of the cup (was heart breaking for me!) only to be not put on for the following game!

TBH im finding it so boring. I dont recomend being a striker. The teams you'll sign for will be crap so you'll only get half chances, and dont be expecting 3-4 a game. And your player is really crap so you'll find it very hard to score those half chances. Im sure it will be better if my player was anyway decent but I doubt I'll play it for long enough to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I'm finding this game mode tough. I can't get used to the default camera angle, and the other angles don't allow me to see what's going on. I'm playing as a wing forward, and I find myself making great runs, shouting for the ball and the idiots pass it back infield to lose posession. I can't figure whether to constantly chase the ball or hold my position and mark my man, make runs etc. If I chase the ball the opposing team has a gap to play into where I'm not, and if I hold my position I never get the ball! Any tips?

• Advertisement

Fired this mode up straight away when i got the game yesterday and was still playing 6 hours later. I think BAL is absolutely class.
    I'm pretty much the same as the rest of the stories here, played a training game, signed for Teesside, played 3 more Training games and hit the bench.
    Have come on in about 6-7 games so far and started about 3-4 and getting taken off around 75 mins.
    Only 1 goal in the real games, but I put away around 4 in the Training games. (2 of which were in scored in one game and I had 2 assists, but negated it all with a rash tackle in the last few mins that earned a yellow. Final stat was 6.5 because of it. Ahhhhhh schoolboy error :D)
    Not looking to play for Barca at the moment because, in fairness, my player is fairly slow and crap, but it'll be interesting to see how the player development grows in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Had a quick read through these posts and I'm really interested in buying Pes for the computer just to even play this mod.

Some questions: What are the stats like?

If you play a ''stunning'' first match what are the chances of getting offered by a good club? Or is it completely Random?

Regards

Shano

Set up 1 and Scored 1 in the scout match from RMF.

Signed for Man City for 150, toook 3-4 matches to make subs bench, scored and set up a few goals in the matches i played, eventually became a regular starter, made my international debut(Scored after coming on late), played all the group matches with Ireland and was named MIP of the group stages:-)...

Transfer window came and i moved to everton for 480 and got startiing number of 11

now only starting to become a regular starter.. not many goals for these yet but a few assists..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Had an average opening match, grabbed a goal in it and signed for Fulham, took a few training matchs to make the bench, 2-0 down at half time to Man Utd when I made my debut scored a cracking volley within 5 mins got a 7.5 rating and got into the first team a few games after that still at Fulham for the moment. I like this mode but it can be frustrating when you can't get a pass on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Started as a striker, scored in a 3-0 win. Signed with PSG. 6 training games and still in the reserves

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

Been playing it all weekend. In Italy with Atalanta and midway through the 1st season. Getting a regular start and keep winning the man-of-the-match. Banging in goals left, right and centre and coming off the bench for Ireland in most matches.
    I've helped Atalanta to the top of Serie A and through to the Quarter finals of the European Cup.

What an addition to the game. I'm addicted!!!!!

I am in my second season now. My first season i scored 9 goals . In this second season i have 3 so far. I manage to score goals against big clubs easier. Am playing for wigan at the moment and enjoying it.
    Had a big offer from Newcastle but i turned it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Had a brutal opening match and signed for lancashire (not sure who they are). got into team fairly quickly and by xmas transfer i got an offer from newcastle. I am now trying to break into the team again and have just been selceted for the bench. playin in midfield have set up some great goal but have yet to score!!!!

Great feature!!!!!

I am in my second season now. My first season i scored 9 goals . In this second season i have 3 so far. I manage to score goals against big clubs easier. Am playing for wigan at the moment and enjoying it.
    Had a big offer from Newcastle but i turned it down.

I wouldn't blame you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭furryvision

been playin this mode on professional for a bit, its a nice idea but i find it far too frustrating. signed for sunderland, after a handful of crap training performances and bench appearances i got into the first team, have only scored 3 goals in just over a season, and 0 assists, all the other strikers score almost everytime they play yet im a first team starter every game!?

its just a bit much having to watch your cpu team mates constantly losing the ball, bumping into eachother and not getting tackles in, then when you finally get the ball yourself youve got **** all ability to take people on or have a decent shot. its a shame theres no lower leagues where you can play for a few seasons and get involved in matches while you build yourself up. nice idea but needs a lot more work imo... some of the transfers other teams make are hilarious, in what life is kaka gonna sign for bolton

Advertisement