Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Become a Legend stories

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

some of the transfers other teams make are hilarious, in what life is kaka gonna sign for bolton

You never know! they could be bought out by filthy rich Arabs (a la Man City!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

been playin this mode on professional for a bit, its a nice idea but i find it far too frustrating. signed for sunderland, after a handful of crap training performances and bench appearances i got into the first team, have only scored 3 goals in just over a season, and 0 assists, all the other strikers score almost everytime they play yet im a first team starter every game!?

its just a bit much having to watch your cpu team mates constantly losing the ball, bumping into eachother and not getting tackles in, then when you finally get the ball yourself youve got **** all ability to take people on or have a decent shot. its a shame theres no lower leagues where you can play for a few seasons and get involved in matches while you build yourself up. nice idea but needs a lot more work imo... some of the transfers other teams make are hilarious, in what life is kaka gonna sign for bolton

Exactly how I feel about it, its annoying just sitting there while your team mates fool about. I also find when the other team have the ball their players get lots of space but anytime you get a pass you are almost instantly shut down.

Created an SS after the initial match I got offers from Man City, Hull and Sunderland. Went to City and got into the team after a few matches. Scored my first goal in my last game before the transfer window. Left for Everton but didnt make the team once. Came back to City and am now the first pick CF with a couple of goals in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

thought this was good at first but soon realised its rubbish. signed for man city as a striker and after 4 or 5 training games and sitting on the bench for 2or 3 started to get a game. not much fun playing as a lone striker and having richard dunne firing long balls at you for 75 minutes.

does anyone else find if you watch the game at double speed when you come on the game is in slow motion? thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but its definitly much slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

thought this was good at first but soon realised its rubbish. signed for man city as a striker and after 4 or 5 training games and sitting on the bench for 2or 3 started to get a game. not much fun playing as a lone striker and having richard dunne firing long balls at you for 75 minutes.

does anyone else find if you watch the game at double speed when you come on the game is in slow motion? thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but its definitly much slower.

I have a feeling thats because the rest of players are muck as well.
    I played in a game against Utd and they were much faster than every one of my team including myself (especially Ronaldo). My player obviously took up playing soccer at 16. In fairness, their speed should be lightening at 17 years of age.

I reckon as your stats improve and the seasons go on and the whole thing will quicken up as well. It would have to to get all those trophies in the player achievement screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Smegball wrote: »
    Class :) I got sent off in my first match :D

Ha, how did you manage that? You should sign for an Irish club so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm playing as an AMF and started at Hull. After a season there (only 3 starts) I moved to N.E.C. Nijmegen in Holland. I moved because Hull played me out of position whereas with N.E.C. they do play me as an AMF.

I have a question though about your players stats. Mine seem really low in most areas and will take years to even get them into the 80's. A lot of them are high 60's and low 70's. Is that normal? I'm playing on Top Professional difficulty so it is very hard with such a useless player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭dasdog

My player stats (RMF) are 60's/70's and a couple of 80's on professional (4 star in old terms) and it is slow progress. Nearly at the end of my first year with Chievo Verona and I reckon on average my stats will have gone up approx 3 points each by the end of the season. Being brought on as a sub in most games but I am starting some also although the barsteward manager leaves me on the bench sometimes.

They have made this hard on purpose. It was really frustrating to begin with but I've grabbed a handful of goals and I'm getting better. Seems you really need to make space for yourself when passing and especially receiving the ball. Winning headers is hard in midfield as is dribbling past players. And playing the killer slide rule pass to the CF can be the wrong thing to do as most of the time the defenders will get the ball and it will count as an unsuccessful pass. Loving it though. Just waiting for my call up to the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭coillcam

Started as a SS with sunderland but in retrospect I would have been better off getting an initial deal with Villa/Hammers as sunderland without the up to date transfers the black cats are awful. Bagged a goal every other game in training in the first 6 matches and eventually made starting lineup for the last few games of the season. Think I managed 7 league goals in total. Geting assists is an absolute joke.

Controversially moved to the magpies at the end of the season :D Same story here except a lot harder to get established. Starting CF now at the moment only a handful of goals this time but there are plenty of games left.

The most frustrating thing is the ineptitude of your teamates, irregardless of stats/actual quality. the amount of times I've laid perfect balls on for Chopra, Jones, Duff, a morbidly obese Viduka, Martins and even Micky Owen for the to fluff it into the keepers arms or balloon miles away from 10 yards is amazing. Don't talk to me about smacking the woodwork myself. Requesting passes never happens to work for me when ghosting off the shoulder of defenders. I hit it more times than I find the net. I inevitably end up dropping to almost an AMF role and requesting as much ball as possible and lobbing it down the wings while I race through the middle afterwards to try and grab a rebound or shot. Also wingers/smf rarely get to the byline at all without losing the ball previously. It's tedious but more enjoyable than the master league for me so far as it's a relatively new experience for me.

coillcam wrote: »
    I inevitably end up dropping to almost an AMF role and requesting as much ball as possible and lobbing it down the wings while I race through the middle afterwards to try and grab a rebound or shot. Also wingers/smf rarely get to the byline at all without losing the ball previously. It's tedious but more enjoyable than the master league for me so far as it's a relatively new experience for me.

I do the same thing only for my calls to be ignored and the ball kicked up front to where I should be....the wingers on my team have no problem getting to the byline but then they just stop and let the defender take the ball, almost like McGeady playing on both wings.

Anybody else find their player very unresponsive?

A few times I have noticed he will not react when the keeper drops the ball but just stand there no matter how much I try and move him. Also when I am chasing a long ball with a defender and have a few yards on him I will stop just as I reach it allowing the defender to just bundle me off the ball. Thats another annoyance, your player is knocked off the ball too easily and I have never seen anyone stop on the spot stunned or spin around after running into another player.

I am enjoying it but there is room for improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Anybody else find their player very unresponsive?
    Yeah. My player was very unresponsive at first, and I was getting easily overtaken by defenders in the practice matches. I changed the priority in the 'strengthen' options to boost Speed and Balance and after a few matches my speed stats were much better and I could at least hold my own against most opponents.

I have found a rough list of where to as all the points is assign to after a (training) match.

There are six categories in the 'Strengthen' menu, for each category you can assign 0 to 6 blocks. In the table, one plus sign in the overview means one training block, 2 plus sign means for each training block you will gain 2 points (if one of your category has the full maximum blocks (6) the attribute will have 12 points each match). Next to this you will have match experience points as well.
    full.jpg

As you can see for the category Technique (kicking) will have the most advantage and Stamina very less. Finally this also depends on your position which you have chosen, but is a useful guideline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Great chart there Fingleberries. I'll have to amend my training and see if it works. Have you used it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Signed for some crap team at the start then onto Man City and only broke onto the 1st team after 11 matches in AMF. Still with City as i have not recieved any offers i liked during the negotiations and am now 3/4's way through the season and we're top of the league.

Then yday i tried to turn on the Xbox to continue my career and i get the RRoD with no warning at all prior to this. Now it's on the road to Germany for my Xbox:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

racso1975 wrote: »
    Had a brutal opening match and signed for lancashire (not sure who they are). got into team fairly quickly and by xmas transfer i got an offer from newcastle. I am now trying to break into the team again and have just been selceted for the bench. playin in midfield have set up some great goal but have yet to score!!!!

Great feature!!!!!

lol I'm pretty sure Lancashire are Blackburn

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

What camera angle do ye use?

I switched back to long side as I cant control the player with the default one

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Mid Side camera, you couldn't play the default one for long without getting a pain in your squish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Started this last night. Highly addictive. playing as Second Striker.
    Youth game, I scored the winner from about 20 yards, won 1-0.
    Signed for Sunderland. Took about 5 games to get on the bench. Came on against Arsenal for the last half hour, getting beat 2-0, ended up gettin MIP for that game. Took another 3 games to become a regular starter.
    2/3 The way through the season, still with Sunderland, only about 2 goals & assists, stats are slowly improving. I change the strenghts around every couple of games, mainly have it on kicking technique and speed to try make myself half decent.
    Get out of work today and try finish off the season tonight. See if I get any better, think the team is 16th in the league! :eek:

I felt the default camera angle made it too hard to judge your shooting, now use the wide camera angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

My player is a CF. Started the setup game with an assist and a goal to win the match 2-1:D. Signed with man city for 150p and after 6 games i made the bench. Two or three games after that I started my first game. Up until the mid-season transfer window i scored 6 goals for man city. I then transfered to Tottenham for 340p. Took me awhile to make the first team but when i did i scored 6 goals:D. Finished 3rd in the league for Tottenham. Extended my contract and got a raise to 470p. When i started my second season it all went to pot. Started every eame so far, except for maybe 1 or 2, cant seem to score at all. I've built my stats up nicely, got 80 top speed, 76 acceleration, 74 shot accuracy. The team rarely sets me up anymore and im considering a move elsewhere:mad:. We got knocked out of europe after drawing 5 and winning 1. Gonna scrape through till mid season and see what offers I get.

What key stats does every one have for their position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭coillcam

I think my strengthen boosts are for kicking(4), dribbling(6) and for speed(2). I'm a SS and added CF to my positions later on in season 2 because I played so many games there. Stats are something like Attack (74), Speed (77), Acceleration (76), Dribbling acc (67 :(), Shot acc (73) and Technique (68).

3rd season now with Mallorca. Got starting after 4 matches in. So far 2 goals in 4 league appearances. Nodded a winner from the bench in my debut and cracked my best goal yet in any mode - a volley to open the scoring in the Nou Camp. Also pulled an assist in the cup. Only a few games in but Mallorca seem to be playing more incisive football than my previous clubs Newcastle and Sunderland. I really need to get my dribbling up to scratch other than that the rest of my stats are grand.

This part of the game is a nnoying me a little. I find myself battling with the Camera half the time. Especially on a break away the camera starts turning meaning you have to change with it, which is rubbish. The same thing happens with shooting you have to guess what the camera is going to do. Fifa's version is alot better.
    Not only that but the computer AI is terrible for your team, my wingers love to run backwards.
    Its a great idea but the is poor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jmaison

I've become addicted to Become A Legend Mode!
    Had an average scouting match, didnt do much but had a good game anyway. Offered contracts to go to Fulham, Middlesbrough or portsmouth... Decided to go to Fulham! wrong move to be honest but it payed off in the end.
    After many games in the reserves i scraped into the subs bench but then January transfers came about and i went to Newcastle! Played one a half seasons there in a rotation system with owen and martins untill close season came about. I got offers from Hull, Stoke and eventually Everton which would of been a good team to go to. I decided to hold on a few days which was fantastic because Aston Villa came in offering me 650. I signed for them and after about 3 games on the bench i made it to a starting place... currently i'm a first team regular at Aston Villa beating Ashley Young and Agbonlahor to a RW/MR place... Also ive just had my first England call up - coming on for 10 minutes against belgium!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Oh no, i made a big mistake :(

I was doing pretty good for Hull, I was there top scorer but the team were crap ( we were near the bottom) so i decided i wanted out so in the january transfer window of the second season I had 3 offers Stoke (doing crap) , West Ham (6th in the league) and Bolton (5th) I knew bolton only played with one striker so i thought it might be hard to break in so i joined west ham.

I've since discovered they only play with one striker too (is there a way to check before you move!?)

1st game: Watched the manager use all his subs, didnt get a game. won 1-0

2nd game: Came on at half time, barely got the ball plus my player really isnt suited to being the lone striker lost 1-0

guess im just going to have to wait it out till the next window :(

Oh no, i made a big mistake :(

I was doing pretty good for Hull, I was there top scorer but the team were crap ( we were near the bottom) so i decided i wanted out so in the january transfer window of the second season I had 3 offers Stoke (doing crap) , West Ham (6th in the league) and Bolton (5th) I knew bolton only played with one striker so i thought it might be hard to break in so i joined west ham.

I've since discovered they only play with one striker too (is there a way to check before you move!?)

1st game: Watched the manager use all his subs, didnt get a game. won 1-0

2nd game: Came on at half time, barely got the ball plus my player really isnt suited to being the lone striker lost 1-0

guess im just going to have to wait it out till the next window :(

I find it much easier to play as the lone striker. Was playing there for Man City for a couple of seasons and once I made the team I was hitting 15-20 goals a season but thought I could do better on a better team so went to United during the transfer window. Now playing alongside Rooney mainly who refuses to pass and when you make a run he will just follow you and try and intercept the ball coming towards you.

Anyone else notice how even when you move to a different team there is no difference in their level of talent?...all that changes are the colour of the jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭dasdog

Since signing as a RWF for Fiorentina I've never looked back (they play 4-3-3). I've started almost every game for the past 1.5 seasons setting up quite a few and scoring a few. I've played 3 games for Ireland so far now and we're doing well in qualification. I barely play anything other than BAL now.

Absolutely addicted to this now!
    Started with Sunderland. Stayed a full season only scoring about 8 times and 2 assists.
    Moved onto West Ham for the second season, nearly mid way through. Have about 12 goals already, still in Europe & The Cup. Around 6th in the league. Never get 90 minutes though. Twice denying me a hat trick! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

I'm 22 in it (its highly addictive lol) and my best achievement is winning the european championship with Ireland and getting player of the tournament even though I never started lol. :pac:

At the start its very annoying because your player is so bad and can't kick a ball for his life but once you hit 21 you get pretty good. I'm with PSV at the moment but I have been at Arsenal, Seville, Athletico, Villareal and a few other crap teams. I'm kind of bored of it now because it gets very repetitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tommy Burns

Then there's the online 'Legends' mode. This is where you take your player out for a game online with or against up to four others. This wasn't enabled yesterday (because the product was only to be released today), but looks promising.

Hi there

I can't get online with the legends mode at all it just says " an error has occurred" I can play the normal online game no problem it's just the legends mode. Anyone else having this problem in Ireland. I have unblocked all ports. Also when I start the game it says "Auto login failed" maybe this has something to do with it?
    Hope someone can help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RadRichTea

Hey fellow legends in the making, does anyone have a Dribbling Speed which is higher than their Top Speed? I have a Dribbling Speed of 86 and a Top Speed of about 75. Also, has anyone been called up for their national side aged 18 or younger?

RadRichTea wrote: »
    Hey fellow legends in the making, does anyone have a Dribbling Speed which is higher than their Top Speed? I have a Dribbling Speed of 86 and a Top Speed of about 75. Also, has anyone been called up for their national side aged 18 or younger?
    My speeds are the other way around. Top speed 86 dribble speed about 77. Got called up to the National Team at 19. On my third club now. Joined the Scousers ( mortal sin for a United man) Scored 4 against Fulham last night. Still only got a 7.5 rating !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RadRichTea

nicklauski wrote: »
    My speeds are the other way around. Top speed 86 dribble speed about 77. Got called up to the National Team at 19. On my third club now. Joined the Scousers ( mortal sin for a United man) Scored 4 against Fulham last night. Still only got a 7.5 rating !

Yeah that's what I expected, to be slightly slower when on the ball. I'm the opposite though, I get the ball and I can run faster than without it!
    It's seems hard to get over a 7.5 rating, I've only scored 4 goals overall though, let alone in one match!

Advertisement