Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Become a Legend stories

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

RadRichTea wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I expected, to be slightly slower when on the ball. I'm the opposite though, I get the ball and I can run faster than without it!
    It's seems hard to get over a 7.5 rating, I've only scored 4 goals overall though, let alone in one match!
    Yeah it can be frustrating enough. Just everything I kicked last night ended up going in. I even played the ball in for the first goal. It either all goes for you in a game, or you have stinker, which normally happens to me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

My player is a CF. Started the setup game with an assist and a goal to win the match 2-1:D. Signed with man city for 150p and after 6 games i made the bench. Two or three games after that I started my first game. Up until the mid-season transfer window i scored 6 goals for man city. I then transfered to Tottenham for 340p. Took me awhile to make the first team but when i did i scored 6 goals:D. Finished 3rd in the league for Tottenham. Extended my contract and got a raise to 470p. When i started my second season it all went to pot. Started every eame so far, except for maybe 1 or 2, cant seem to score at all. I've built my stats up nicely, got 80 top speed, 76 acceleration, 74 shot accuracy. The team rarely sets me up anymore and im considering a move elsewhere:mad:. We got knocked out of europe after drawing 5 and winning 1. Gonna scrape through till mid season and see what offers I get.

During the mid season transfers I moved to Portsmouth where I walked straight into a position on the bench. Stayed there (on the bench) for my first game, was a little pissed off. My second game i played a full match. Scored 6 for portsmouth that season. I then moved to athletico, which was the best move ive made in the game. Had a cracker of a season scoring around 39 goals and 4 assists. We won the league by the smallest of margins wuth it coming all the way down to the last game. We won the D1 cup where I got MIP and top scorer awards:D. Despite numerous offers from clubs, including real madrid, I decided to stay at athletico.

My top speed is 85, my acceleration is 81, my shooting acc is 83, my shot power is 75 and my shot tec is 80. All in all the stats are getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I reckon to get an 8 you need 10 complete passes , 1 goal or 1 assist and 100 dribbling.

yet to get higher but thats the only thing thats constant in my 8s.

Playing for Fulham 3 years now as CF.

1st season 2nd, top scorer, top assists, 2nd in uefa cup and cup 39 goals
    2nd season 1st, won CL, cup qtrs, made euro team of season, 44 goals
    played for ireland in all 3 WC games came off bench to score a hatrick in 2nd game but Czechs beat us in 3rd 2-1 i got a consolation.
    3rd season top of league, tru to knockouts in CL, won 3 of irelands Euro quals.22 goals so far.

Can score for fun if i can get in one on one, made a stupid mistake in leaving the size and height as default when i started meaning i get brushed off the ball very easily so have to rely on pace to goals, rebounders also help :D

Thankfully my consistent red cards keep me fit and healthy as i get a rest every 4 or 5 games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Ha! Im the same. Forever getting booked and picking up suspensions! Seems every time I slide tackle I get booked!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Hi I'm thinking of getting this after reading this thread. I've managed to stay away so far having been a PESfan (and FIFA hater) since PES2 but being disappointed by the last few especially last year's online mode.

Can someone tell me what BAL is like online and what the general online mode is like? Sounds like there's been some problems. Can someone clarify?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Jimmy Joe Joe

I made myself a WF, which was my first mistake, as not many teams play that formation!

Started at Villa(who actually DO play that formation), but transferred to Spurs. I had a terrible 1st season, 2 assists, no goals, lots of red cards!

I was mainly played right midfield, which I disliked at first, but I started to learn the position over time-I get a run out up front as well on ocassion, which I don't really enjoy as my players is easily knocked off the ball.

I'm now in my 4th or 5th season and I've had more clubs than a baby seal. I went to City, Porstsmouth, back to Spurs and am now looking at a move to Villa(or a bigger club if possible) to try and play in my proper WF position.

I have now started to score a few goals(I have a decent long range shot), and get a fair few assists. Very addictive and rewarding game. I play regularly for Ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,864 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Game only came out here today so just getting into it.

Created myself (MC, 181cm, 85kgs etc). Got MOM in the youth game and signed for Newcastle. Made the bench for the first game against Stoke and came on after 60 mins for Nicky Butt. Immediately formed a great understanding with Joey Barton and got given the armband as well! Lol. Won 3-0.

Squad number is 5 which is quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Lads, what age did u get international call up in BAL? I'm and half way through season with Chelsea age 20, starting most games and getting decent ranking but still no sign of a call up from mighty Trapattoni!!

Lads, what age did u get international call up in BAL? I'm and half way through season with Chelsea age 20, starting most games and getting decent ranking but still no sign of a call up from mighty Trapattoni!!

i got it end of 2nd season, played in the WC as a sub in each game, got knocked out by Czech :(

Regular now and have beaten Keanes high score with ease now :D

Cheers mate.. when are international matches played?

• Advertisement

PLayed 1st 3 EURO qualifiers in Wk9,10,11
    2nd 3 19,20,21 last 2 were in Negogiation period. WC was at start of the summer break. Euros and WC are every 2 years like normal

god bless Alt Tab :D

Been reading people's complaints about your team being crap, defenders making mistakes all the time etc and I can't say I've experienced that myself.

Finished 11th in my first season (about right for Newcastle) and made it into the team of the season. Quite a solid platform. Have had offers all over the shop but nothing that would be seen as a better option.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Started playing this the other day and a computer game has potentially ruined another one of my relationships.....but that's a tale for PI and doesnt belong here :)

Just to be different, i decided to start off in one of the lower french divisions. in the first transafer window i must have gotten about 10 offers in total, PSG where throwing cash at me but i decided i wanted to do a full season at this club to build up the stats. So i'm now a regular starter on as either a SS, RMF or AMF and banging in a few goals and a few assists. Been suspended a few times becuase i get a bit excited with the sliding tackles....but it pays off when they work, as they count as intercepts which helps the rating go up. Managed to get an 8.0 in a game after getting a hatrick and an assist.

At the start it took me 2 or 3 training games to get onto the bench but its been up up and away since then. Looking forward to the end of this season to see what offers come in and to compare the stats to when i was a fresh faced novice.

I have to admit, this is an excellent game....and i can play until i'm 35!! Thats another 18 seasons! Jaysus:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭dasdog

I made myself a WF, which was my first mistake, as not many teams play that formation!

I made the mistake as a RWF of moving from Fiorentina (4-3-3) to Milan. Moved on to Lyon and it seems more like 3 up front (ish) since then. And made the best 11 lineup for the Euro's with Ireland (we finished runners up).

Started playing this the other day and a computer game has potentially ruined another one of my relationships.....

Tell me about it. I'm getting nothing done in the evenings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

I noticed a couple of people in this thread say they "call" for the ball from their team mates when they make a run - how do you do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Another (probably stupid) question! How do you scan your own face into the game when you're creating a new player - do you need a special playstation type camera or whats the deal anyone know?

I noticed a couple of people in this thread say they "call" for the ball from their team mates when they make a run - how do you do this?

Tap R2 (on Playstation)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭bob04

This sounds class

Im going to start playing this one

Question, if i was to start out in Spain, ie with Barca, can i get a transfer later on in my career to the English Premier League????

bob04 wrote: »
    This sounds class

Im going to start playing this one

Question, if i was to start out in Spain, ie with Barca, can i get a transfer later on in my career to the English Premier League????

yes you can change leagues during transfer window. Only to teams who offer you a contract, which in my experience is never the one you want.

This sounds just class

Do other players get a transfer as well?

So if i start out at 17, and 8 years later im playing for Man Utd, will the Man UTD team be the same team for the last 8 years?

• Advertisement

bob04 wrote: »
    This sounds just class

Do other players get a transfer as well?

So if i start out at 17, and 8 years later im playing for Man Utd, will the Man UTD team be the same team for the last 8 years?

I haven't got as far as that mate.. But players do transfer between teams, as players retire at 35/36 so teams have to change. I am in fourth season and I'm playing for Barcelona and although their team is more or less the same as current squad, I have played for Chelsea last year and Michael Owen was in Chelsea team...

I love it

Now, the question remains

Is there a n option file for the 360 so i can have all the correct teams????

Ive been searching and it doesnt look very promising????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

Player do transfer , i am in my sixth season and Ronaldo , Rooney are playing at Chelsea , Nani went to arsenal. .. I'm at Man Utd after 5 seasons with Newcastler . I wont euro player of the year last year also , . Oh yeah Ireland won the euro champ last year with me top scorer and on the way beat England 6 nil me scoring all 6... tis addictive stuff.

coady wrote: »
    Player do transfer , i am in my sixth season and Ronaldo , Rooney are playing at Chelsea , Nani went to arsenal. .. I'm at Man Utd after 5 seasons with Newcastler . I wont euro player of the year last year also , . Oh yeah Ireland won the euro champ last year with me top scorer and on the way beat England 6 nil me scoring all 6... tis addictive stuff.

i wanna play for United but they never once bid for me :(

Have Fulham up to rank 2 and chelsea are rank 1, they put in a last day bid for me but fooked if i playing for them :D

Did the treble last year and the Euros at the end of my present season, intend on getting double POTY world and Euro.

After two years at Newcastle and successive appearances in the Premiership Team of the Year I got bored and decided for a change. Opted for something a little random - Sochaux in France.

Last season I had 9 goals and 6 assists from the centre of midfield and my stats have rocketed. Gonna stay in France for a season or two then move on again.

Im currently in my first season with Sunderland

Start quite regularly, scored a few goals (midfielder)

Stuggling to get to grips with it, but prob coz sunderland are brutal

Im sick of them not passing when they should, i wish there was a button to allow me (a 17 year old) to give them a bollocking.. ha ha

Ill finish this season and see what offers come in

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ARGURIOS1

Anyone know what the avg wait is for a international call up?. I've made it into the european and world teams of the year but still no sign of an international call up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I was 21, and I think about 24 or 25 before I began starting matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ARGURIOS1

thanks....and would you believe it, 3 games after posting the message above, I got the call up!.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

At the start of the second season i moved to FC Twente, now a regular starter there but took me 4 or 5 games to break into the first team. About halfway through the season and i'm top scorer and top assister in the D1 Cup and close to both in the league also.
    Stats are growing quite nicely and it's coming up to negotiations midway through the season. Time to see what offers come in....but i might see out the rest of the year at FC20 to boost the stats.
    This game just keeps getting better.

Advertisement