Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Become a Legend stories

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fed up with Fulham, rank 1 now but Healy still wont pass the ball to me.

Moving to the 1st club that comes in for me during mid season window.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Im in my 2nd season with Sunderland and playing mostly on the left wing even though i positions are CM/AM/DM. Every game i start i get hauled off, without fail, after about 70-75 mins. This is unbelievably frustrating...is it due to my energy bar being low or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,864 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah it's due to energy levels. If you score or get an assist though you shouldn't be taken off.

I just guided Sochaux to European qualification and got into the French league team of the season. Was gonna keep going but Man City came in for me and I accepted the dream move. Starting season 4 now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    Im in my 2nd season with Sunderland and playing mostly on the left wing even though i positions are CM/AM/DM. Every game i start i get hauled off, without fail, after about 70-75 mins. This is unbelievably frustrating...is it due to my energy bar being low or what?

Ease off on the sprinting! Use L1 for auto positioning until you want to make a move, it conserves alot of energy.

Anywho, i finsihed my first seaon as FC 20, won the league and finsihed as top sscorer and top assister, won the D1 Cup and finished as top assists, got into the team of the seasson. Then at only 18, was called up to International Duty, made some sub appearances for Ireland but got knocked out by Engerland in the first round after the group stages. Managed to score though for my country, it's a great feeling :)

But then i made a silly mistake, I have stayed with FC 20 for another season, didnt want to have to go through all them training matches again with a new team.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nujeebaby

I had an amazing first game. Juventus signed me, 3 years on the team is goin downhill, nedved is retiring at the end of the season, trezeguet is crap, same with iaquinta. I play in del peiro's position. very annoyed. Is anyone like 10 years in?? what are the teams like, and what are your stats??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

After 5 years with Fulham moved to Reggiana, currently highest paid player in the world, scored in most of the games so far.

Loving playing in Italy most teams have 5 defenders and play odd formations compared to england where i could score almost everytime i picked up the ball and got turned. harder to score in italy too most games are 1-0 think we had 6 1-0s in a row.

We top midway tru my 1st season, have won my 1st WC qualifiers with ireland we a shoe in for qualification with 2 games to spare.

after 6 years my stats are around 85ish, stamina and speed are highest as thats what scores my goals and keeps me on the pitch longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LEGEND24

i love this new addition to the game,i tink i`ve barely played a proper match since i got the game,jus playin become a legend all the time!
    i started off wit hull,got into the team after a few training matches,done well,lost to chelsea on penos in cup final.signed for everton then at end of season then liverpool came in midway thru that year,signed straight away:) stayed for 3yrs but didnt offer me another deal :( even tho i was playin really well. went to ac milan then,done well there,then real madrid signed me,got player of the year in spain n named in team of season. but alas,they didnt offer me new deal haha now at juventus,doin really well again.top scorer in team from midfield! playin regular for ireland as well n got beaten in world cup quarters by spain :( ah well,cant win em all haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Into season 3, and have moved nearly every transfer window. Currently at Valencia fighting it out with David Villa for the CF spot.

Have got very frustrated with the lack of talent in my previous clubs, some poor defending and lack of playmaking meant we shipped goals at vital stages of the games.

Not sure where I started, but moved to Wigan shortly and just couldn't get a game in front of Heskey, and disliked the 4-5-1, so moved to West Ham and some terrible defensive mis haps saw us gifting goals and losing games.

So for a break I moved to a lower division club in Spain, got the break I needed and finished the season with 9 goals, earning the move to Valencia and the lure of European football was too much.

Had to effectively start again, playing training matches, making it to the bench eventually and getting my first outing in the 75th minute against Fiorentina, with the game at stalemates, I got lucky form a corner with the winner - and after a few sub appearances - I'm now starting, but played out of position as a LWF.

With Villa and other quality CF's in front of me, I'm happy to get games and learn the trade on the left...for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LEGEND24

is there any way of getting the stats to move up quicker??or is it just done by the amount u have on ur strength each week??the experience points barely give anythin

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

LEGEND24 wrote: »
    is there any way of getting the stats to move up quicker??or is it just done by the amount u have on ur strength each week??the experience points barely give anythin

From what i can see, your performance in each game can boost your stats. If you do lots of short passing, those stats go up, long passes, goals, assists improves teamwork, heading the ball improves jumping, going on long mazy runs (with a few Ronaldo like step overs) improves balance, dribbling and sprinting all the time improves stamina.

So to make it work better for you, if you want to improve dribbling and balance faster, set them high in your streghten options and when you get the ball keep running and running and running.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tommy Burns

Do many of you play online as I have played online and there are only about 20 people on there. I don't know if it's because of the servers because I had terrible trouble opening the ports for legends. It turned out McAfee was blocking the ip address of the server. I am playing now no problems the only thing that really really bugs me is that some people have cheated and raised their stats to ridiculous levels. You would think this is better but it's not. Because they have not gone through the right channels they can't play it right as in don't know where to run to, how to pass, positioning. Most of the time it's like an eight year olds game of football with them all running after the ball at the same time (flies around sh1te) I would love to get into a team or something online and play a league with the same players anyone know of a site that does this.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

During the mid season transfers I moved to Portsmouth where I walked straight into a position on the bench. Stayed there (on the bench) for my first game, was a little pissed off. My second game i played a full match. Scored 6 for portsmouth that season. I then moved to athletico, which was the best move ive made in the game. Had a cracker of a season scoring around 39 goals and 4 assists. We won the league by the smallest of margins wuth it coming all the way down to the last game. We won the D1 cup where I got MIP and top scorer awards:D. Despite numerous offers from clubs, including real madrid, I decided to stay at athletico.

My top speed is 85, my acceleration is 81, my shooting acc is 83, my shot power is 75 and my shot tec is 80. All in all the stats are getting there.

After two incredible years at athletico, in which i won all the major titles, I decided to move. I got an offer from barcelona and decided to take the dream move. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!! Barca are utter ****e, they still have most their players. The defence seem to be non-existant, midfield are rarely effective and the forwards will only score once in a blue moon. I regularly score only to see the defence scatter and conceede as many goals as the opposition need to win:mad:. Its actualy driving me mad.

On the plus side i am now regularly starting for ireland. have only scored 1 goal but im getting us through the group stages of the world cup.

My stats are now at: Stamina=81, Top Speed=85, Acceleration=81, Shot Acc=91, Shot Power=82, Shot Tech=88.

It also seem that I've created a monster in Athletico as the are still top of the league and are dooing very well in Europe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭insomniak

im only after 2 seasons so far, professional level

sunderland first season, finished 6th or 8th, then moved to newcastle. we won the equilevant of eufa cup and premiership, next season finished 9th and out in the first knockout stages of championsleague, won english cup though!!!!!
    now i just have to pick what team to join :)

want to be called up to ireland soon but my stats are still kinda bad, even though i got premiership top 11 both years they're still pretty bad. go up very slow, im below the recommended graph!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Played the first game won 3-0, got an assist and goal.
    Took the offer to Deportivo La coruna

Playing there now. Took me 4-5 games to start. Still getting subbed. Only playing the odd full game even with a goal or assit.

Manager I feel is an idiot. He plays me on left wing constantly, but when he plays me on the right i usually get a goal or assist. We go 1-0 up and then within the last 10mins i get subbed and they score in the last minute. Happend about 5times already:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mantis19

After two incredible years at athletico, in which i won all the major titles, I decided to move. I got an offer from barcelona and decided to take the dream move. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!! Barca are utter ****e, they still have most their players. The defence seem to be non-existant, midfield are rarely effective and the forwards will only score once in a blue moon. I regularly score only to see the defence scatter and conceede as many goals as the opposition need to win:mad:. Its actualy driving me mad.

On the plus side i am now regularly starting for ireland. have only scored 1 goal but im getting us through the group stages of the world cup.

My stats are now at: Stamina=81, Top Speed=85, Acceleration=81, Shot Acc=91, Shot Power=82, Shot Tech=88.

It also seem that I've created a monster in Athletico as the are still top of the league and are dooing very well in Europe:D

I know how you feel. i was at tottenham (aged 22 and 23 and a half) and had a great season and a half. we qualified for europe, won the D1 cup and made the national team scoring 4 in 7 at my debut world cup. i joined barca because they came in for me and despite finishing 4th in the league with 25 goals and winning the D1 cup, they are THE WORST TEAM TO EVER JOIN. i'm in my second season with them aged 24 and they cannot defend. we conceded 4 goals against boro to get kicked out the D1 cup and then lost to west brom 2-0. WEST BROM!...no disrespect but they have NO talent in their squad! We're currently top of the table and despite taking 27 points off Madrid, Man U, Chelsea, Lpool and Arsenal, we struggle in the simplest of matches.

Plus the game has no consistency. I was nominated for the world player of the year award and made the world and european team of the year when i was at tottenham scoring 20 goals in total and 12 assists. But last season at barca i scored 25 goals and 17 assists and didn't even make the european team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

At Cagliari now, shìt team. Didn't do much with them, only half way through my first season. Kept on getting dropped, never actually had a solid place in the team. I must be something to do with me getting sent off a bit, John Terry & Totti were the lads I was out to get, and some other lad because, well... it was just a shìt tackle. Scored on my first team debut against Inter, scored 6 times in training, after the 10th game I skipped a few because I was bored with them. Turned down all offers in the January transfer window (or whatever they call it in PES), because I just simply wanted to hold a place with Cagliari, then fùck off. Oh yeah, I play CM, mostly played at AM, and rarely at DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Now in nearing the end of my third season. Started life at Sunderland and had a solid first season with them and got a regular starting berth. Second season with Sunderland went great, got the highest assist stat in the league and we won the D1 Cup. Got a call up to the French national side as well and contributed 2 goals to their WC campaign. Now have a regular spot in the french squad.

However, by this stage I was getting quite tired of the struggle it was playing with Sunderland, truly awful team. So stuck with them another half season, picked up a good few more assists and then jumped to Arsenal in the transfer window. Had a bit of a slow start with them but started racking up some goals and assists near the end of the season. Got a late offer from Lyon in the summer and decided to jump ship. Lyon are ridiculously overpowered in my game as they have bought Rooney, Van Der Vaart, Fabregas and Carragher. Add Benzema and Juninho in that mix and you have a top quality attacking unit. (defense is crap though and Carragher keeps getting sent off and giving away penalties) Anyways, am top of the league, in the European Cup semi finals and in the semis for the D1 cup as well. May jump ship again if I win all the domestic silverware in one season or might up the difficulty level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

At 30 now and coming towards the end of my career, when I started I said I would retire at 30 but now that its here I am actually finding it hard to do so. I have the world cup coming up at the end of this season and that may be when I call it a day.

I started out with Man City after my initial match and played 9 games in the first half of the season scoring one goal. Dunno why but Everton put in a bid for me and I went but failed to even get a game.

Returned to City for the next season and stayed there for 3 and a half seasons playing 113 games and scoring 32 goals. During the mid season transfers I made the controversial move to Man Utd. Didn't have the best of starts only scoring 5 goals in 17 games but managed to hold down a place.

Stayed with United for another 7 seasons playing 332 games and scoring 192 times. Won 5 league titles in this time and 3 Champions league and 1 league cup. Also recieved 1 Player of the year award and a golden boot

Moved to Juventus at then and have played 78 games so far and scored 53 goals (this league seems a lot easier to score in.). Beat United in the Champions League final and threw away the League on the final day of the season, also reclaimed my player of the year award having lost it to Torres. Will see what offers come in at the end of the season but this looks like my last season.

At international level I played for the USA, took me 4 years to break into the side and that was in the World cup in 3 subsitute appearances and we were knocked out in the group stages. The next year I got 3 more subsitute appearances. Finally got my start in the South American cup where I was player of the tournament and have been a regular since, scoring 37 in 37 (against mainly poor opposition.)

Overall its been a good career from the frustrating begining to the glory of winning the champions league. Through it all I have played 549 matches, scored 293 goals, had 71 assists, 12 hat-tricks, 168 yellow cards and 15 reds.

Now I gotta do it all over again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Started with Sunderland lmf went ok. Moved to fulham 2nd half of season . Moved to Newcastle and stayed all year scoring 12 and playing Lwf.

Made the Move to Villa in 2010. Didnt get game for eight games Got International call in 2010 and made my Ireland Debut as sub playing CF .
    Scored the Equalizer the best goal i scored yet got Man of match 7.5 rating in First international.

That weekend Villa called me up 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Haven't played it in a while but here's the story so far :D

Made a CM. Played the training game played alright. Signed for West Ham after 5 games made it onto the 1st team we went on and won the league. Will post goals and that later when I am at the Xbox.
    Moved to Blackburn Rovers just to annoy Steven Reid and kick him out of the team :D. Got into the team straight away. We finished 3rd and I made it onto the Team of the season. Stayed with Blackburn for the next season and we made won the Cup. Got player of the Cup and best player in the league as well as Top Goal scorer in the Cup.
    Then I made it to the promised land of Liverpool, haven't really played it but played 6 matches and starting now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ourlad

Started my career with Wigan and had a decent 1st season performance wise but i think i only scored 1 goal.

Then moved to Newcastle as they had qualified for Europe. Scored a few goals in my first and second season, but only finished mid table and a semi of the D1 cup. My third season i scored 15 goals but we still finished mid table.

Moved to Aston Villa thinking it would be a good change and they were brutal only scored 3 or 4 goals and moved to Everton and had a good second half of a season scoring 7 goals.

Moved back to Villa because they were in Europe but they were just as bad but we did get to the second group stage of Europe.

Moved to Spurs in the second half of the season and we went on to win the European Masters Cup beating Fiorentina 3-1and i scored the 1st. We finished 7th in the leauge.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,117 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Nearing the end of my 1st season got the game at christmas when it was down to like £20

Playing with West Ham took my like 10 training games before getting on the bench for a cup game scoring the only goal over the two legs.

Since i came into the team West Ham have gone 20 games unbeaten both in the league and Cup most of them draws, top goal scorer for West Ham turning down offers half way through the season to stay with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Started as a centre midfielder and joined Caglari. Scored a brace against Juve and I'm half-way through the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭KarlNedCarew

Got an assist in the first game and a 7.5 rating.
    Signed for Villa as a CF
    Had a failry average season, got 8 goals with the highlight definitely being my hatrick against chelsea.
    Next season i had the best season ever, it was crazy, Top scorer in the league(26 goals) and the cup(6 goals) and a place on the team of the season. Third place finish also means champions league this season, awesome!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jamees

Well i started to make a Striker Called James
    Nationality: Scottish
    1st Club: Babilayna CF
    2nd Club: Aston Villa (West Midlandss Village)
    3rd Club:Tottenham
    4th Club: Girodins De Bordeaux

I had an Average Start to my career we won the first match at babilayna so i signed for Aston villa i had a good season but i out it on Easy so i thought i wanted to be like everyone elce and i moved it to professional and a season at tottenham was rock hard so i couldnt wait for the season to end so i could change to difficulty now i am at Bordeaux and im on Regular and im doing just fine were winning mostly everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jamees

Jamees wrote: »
    Well i started to make a Striker Called James
    Nationality: Scottish
    1st Club: Babilayna CF
    2nd Club: Aston Villa (West Midlandss Village)
    3rd Club:Tottenham
    4th Club: Girodins De Bordeaux

I had an Average Start to my career we won the first match at babilayna so i signed for Aston villa i had a good season but i out it on Easy so i thought i wanted to be like everyone elce and i moved it to professional and a season at tottenham was rock hard so i couldnt wait for the season to end so i could change to difficulty now i am at Bordeaux and im on Regular and im doing just fine were winning mostly everything

BTW i made debut for scotland against germany when i was at tottenham

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I have started playing this in 5 minute matches - makes it less boring.

Anyone else playing at top difficulty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Its impossible to play at top difficulty when the player is rubbish for the first few seasons. Its annoying me more than anything. Is there any way to get more focus points to get the stats up

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

guys just wonring if this is on pes 10 or fifa 10? thanks
    its a bit of a stupid question but i gotta ask it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

noodler wrote: »
    I have started playing this in 5 minute matches - makes it less boring.

Anyone else playing at top difficulty?

Yep. Only way to play.
    Very hard to get into though.
    Started at Stoke, took a while to break into the team but ended 1st season with 7 goals. Came on as a sub in Irelands 3 World Cup games, scoring a cracker against South Korea, but we didn't qualify.
    Decided to stay with Stoke for season 2 even though was tempted by Man City and Villa, as I figured more games = get better faster. Scored 13 goals.
    Needed a change so went to Lens in France start of season 3. Disaster. Only play 1 man up front so I never have any support. Managed 5 goals before transfer window, and I have just transferred to Montpellier, even though they are bottom of the league, they play with 2 up front!
    Will probably play later on, see what my new team is like...

Advertisement