Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's this effect? And how do I do it?

Options
  • 16-10-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to Photoshop, but am starting to learn how to use it. I came across a cool pic, and am trying to figure out how to recreate it my self. There are two elements that I am trying to do:

1. Switch the background to black & white while the person stays in colour
    2. Add the ghost images trailinf behind the person.

Can someone let me know what these effects are actually called, and possibly point me in the right direction of a tutorial on how to achieve them. I have a few pics of myself finishing a marathon that I'd like to try and apply them to.

20167680rz9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Well it's more then 1 image to start.. the background is 1, Yes you can change it to black and white ( Shift + Crtl + U) will do that for you

the second pic it copied a few times and moved along behing the main image. Each time you blur the image,, either with motion blur or gaussian blur, both found in the fliters

To get the pic you would need to cut it out, So use the Pen tool to go around the image and then right click and "mark at selection"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Seconded the above. Could use the extract option in photoshop as well. The pen tool is hard enough to use for a beginner.

Advertisement