Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tricity Washing machine

• 16-10-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

I am having problems with my washing machine at the moment. If I put it on one of the washing cycles, when the water passes through the drawer to flush the powder into the machine it starts to leak out, from under the drawer itself. This only happens on one washing cycle and not the others.

This has only started happening in the last while. I have taken the drawer out and removed any grim or unused powder but it is still happening.

Have tried to clean out the drain at the back of the drawer unit, but it made no difference.

Was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions to try fix this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Is the water passing through just one of the conpartments of the drawer on that particular cycle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

not too sure, must check that out

Basically the roof of the drawer unit is like a shower head and the water comes out of all the holes. Looks a bit like this shower head

Are you in a hard water area?
    if so Rosie, do you have a water softner treating the water going to the washing machine?
    just wondering does it have anything to do with a limescale build up?

Don't live in a hardwater area so limescale shouldn't be an issue.

I originally though the uniot was being blocked by unused powder but even after cleaning it out it is still flooding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

step one - does the machine have a hot and cold fill ?

• Advertisement

I don't think it does. Think it is only a cold fill. What kind of difference would that make?

After taking the machine apart I discovered a dishwasher tablet stuck in the drain from the powder drawer to the drum, must thank one of the kids for doing that :D

I take it you mean a Tablet as opposed to a Table!
    Anyways, glad you got sorted.

I take it you mean a Tablet as opposed to a Table!
    Anyways, glad you got sorted.

Yes, meant tablet :D

Advertisement