Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any lizard people here?

Options
  • 16-10-2008 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hello everyone,
    I have a bearded dragon and am currently wondering whether I could convert my unused aquarium into a dry tank for him.
    Its a large Aqua One unit, fairly new with a thermo heater on the side inside the tank. Just wondering would it be ok to heat it with that, also would the lighting be adequate for him too.

I am also thinking of swapping the aquarium for a bigger vivarium, are there any clubs or associations where I can post an ad?
    (Im off over to adverts board to place an ad now though)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

I don't see why not, just so long as he's got the uv light it should be fine. Reptiles don't seem to enjoy all glass surrounds as it makes them feel vulnerable, hence they usually retreat to the back(which is usually a board) when threatened. Depends how interested in people your beardie is, so long as he's got the usual hides as well should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭flynnc

your heater will blow as it needs to be fully submerged in water.
    the light needs to be replaced with a 10.0% uvb tube.
    dragons can get stressed in all glass tanks. i got mine custom built
    in wood with a glass front with all the proper gear installed. the man with the long hair in the boardwalk shop makes them. hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

Try asking on the irish reptile community forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 glynngo

thanks for the info. didnt know there was a reptile community!
    bob is VERY interested in people and is very socially interactive, however one more question, i bathe him regularly in warm water, is this good for them?
    AND would it be ok at this stage to intrduce a female, he is almost 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

• Advertisement
Advertisement