Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tax question

Options
  • 16-10-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got my tax renewal form last month but didn't really look it as I knew my tax wasn't up until the end of this month. I just took it out to look at it and realised it is actually the renewal form for my old car, which I sold in August. I have not yet received a tax renewal form for my new car.

The form was sent from my Local Authority and I am wondering if it could have been sent automatically or should I ring the Department of Transport to see if there is a problem? I sent in the tax book for my old car the day it was sold so they should have received it, but I remember that the new owner forgot to sign it and am wondering if this might mean that a tax book was never sent to the new owner?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

You should follow up on the ownership of the vehicle you sold... I'd worry about someone driving round in a car that was still registered to me :eek:. I've heard horror stories...
    Contact the local Authority and they shold help sort it out...

Advertisement