Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAXING??

Options
  • 16-10-2008 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Done a search on waxing but not much came up.Just waxed the board today because ive been falling/slipping off.
    Not sure yet whether its down to me being a newbie or is it that the board had little or no wax.So i thought lash it on,how bad could it be.
    Heres some pics,as i couldnt find any on the net just looking for advice,too much wax?,too little?In pointless areas etc.
    Any advice welcome:pac:
    16102008098.jpg
    16102008099.jpg
    16102008100.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Looks like the right texture to me. You should use at least a whole bar of wax when waxing a board for the first time. Are you just sliding off the side/back of the board or are your hands not gripping the rails sufficiently when you try to pop up? Make sure you apply plenty of wax along the rails too. What brand of wax are you using? Its probably that you just didn't use enough of the stuff before.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭farrelli

Hi Shane O, I saw a vid on the Zoggs website which I thought was pretty decent, its shows how to wax your board a certain way. Worth a look anyway, heres the link to the site and its on the index page click, Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 11 A_Walshe

I argeed looks good. What you are looking for is loads of bumps. More bumps = more grip. One tip i can give is not to put waxe around the rail as it can decrease the flow of water around the board and slow you down. Seems like a small thing but can make a big difference.

Happy Surfing:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

Im using a first coat of Zoggs SEX WAX for warm water/hard wax,and a coat on top of cold water/soft wax.Thats what i was told do when i bought my board.
    Went down yesterday to try it out but the tide was full in at garretstown!!
    So no surfing for me,gutted.But sher therell be other days...hopefully soon:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dangerduckula

To turn the board, sometimes, the best place to have your back foot is over the fins. I borrowed a friends board a few days ago, there was no wax near the tail so once I put pressure over the tail/fins I had a spectacular wipeout!

• Advertisement
Advertisement