Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Get Rid of Those Damn Fees.

Options
  • 16-10-2008 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

So who's going for a walk on O'Connell Street this coming Wednesday :P

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I'll prob go for the craic :D

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Is there actually no college next wednesday? Or do i just have a great excuse not to go:D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Tryna get a crew goin for a bita banter!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

yup going for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

So you're all going so as to have a bit of fun, rather then to protest your government potentially destroying the chances of thousands of young people having the opportunity of going to college, finishing courses, etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

For 1st years lets see it was 900 this year and from next year onwards it will be 1,500 so if your doing a higher degree its gonna be x3 which is 4,500 over the years to come, if your doing ord degree and are hoping on getting a higher after it will prob be around 6,000.

Ouch. If the Americans saw the march they would think we're mad cause they're paying thousands anyway for a year.
    They would be like, " Oooh my gawdd, they're complaining because its only €1,500 euro($2,011) a year?, most four-year colleges cost at least $10,000 per year, and many more are in the $20,000 to $30,000 range.

The irish are gone mad again,

anywayyy, i'll see you there ;) Rave/Session on!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Regardless, we shouldn't be punished for the incompetence of a government many of us had no voting power to elect.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Should we bring cans? or is there a bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

O'Connell street has a habit of getting itself trashed, why watch it on the news when you can get hands on;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 The-Artstar

Myself and some mates are planning on going to this.

We're thinking of getting caumoflage facepaint and army gear or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Count me in. Ill also be protesting about the over 70s medical cards. Absoloute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I'll be there. €900 to €1500 is a joke i'd rather it be in my pocked.

Everybody from DIT should be there with most campus' in the CC but that will never happen.

Unless traffic is stopped it won't make a blind bit of difference so try and make the effort if you can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

We did it in 2003 also and it worked back then. Time to pull together again this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭claret

I'm so there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Some of us have labs....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

ill be there. and i dont even have any labs that day. perfect! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

i'll be there if i can get my lecture that day not to give to many notes so i can actually catch up. one thing to take into consideration that has being said on the DIT and TCD threads about this. Some people should pay fees people who can afford to pay 6 a year for 2nd level no problem can pay it again for 3rd. the fees wud be covered for everyone else. but will it be the way the tlt grants are done that the college are paid straight or the way the reg fee is done where you get the money back once the grant is sorted cause people with surname from say m down in most counties are waiting till november and in some cases after xmas to get the money back and some will not be able to afford the money even with the promise of getting it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

Large crowd, with shouting and slogans.Sounds like great craic.I'll defo be there, like moth to a flame......

Its just a joke that we college students have to pay an extra euro for our Hardys Chiraz.And don't get me started on about the Transport minister laughing at the my proposed extension of the green line to Carnew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

"Fcuk your filthy fees" will be my chant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

My argument:

Bertie studied in DIT.
    Co-writer of Father Ted studied in DIT.

given the current fees, DIT has an ability to upgrade your rags to riches, so I'm definitely going to be protesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So whos making signs??..any good slogans..only one of the top of my head is like no fees or we'll break your knees:L(sh!te i know)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

My chant will be on my sign.

"Fees, the bees knees??"
    "Dont think so!!"

Hows that?;)

Or

"Take it Feesy"

Or the classic, "Down with that sort of thing"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

"anybody for tea?"

go on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

PM me for making signs and posters. I did posters for DIT Green Week, so I know what the story is ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

"OH MY GOD I LOVE MAKING SIGNS!" or "Never gonna give you up, Never gonna let you down".

I'll be there for an hour or two, until I have to go to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

Hmmmmmm......THREE hours of maths in a row or go to this :o

I think I know where i'll be! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Damn, i wish i had three hours of maths :(
    Guess i'll just have to go to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'll be there with bells on. Defeat The fees '08

Advertisement