Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brent Crude drops below $67pb

Options
  • 16-10-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

At this rate the petrol/diesel prices should fall well below 90c/l within the next three months or so.

I wonder if the suppliers will pass on the saving? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Joker wrote: »
    At this rate the petrol/diesel prices should fall well below 80c/l within the next three months or so.

I wonder if the suppliers will pass on the saving? :rolleyes:

no. with the greens in power they will make sure the price of petrol only goes up.

its a mortal sin to drive a car these days... at least from their pov it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

towel401 wrote: »
    no. with the greens in power they will make sure the price of petrol only goes up.

its a mortal sin to drive a car these days... at least from their pov it is

I made a mistake in the earlier post, just corrected it. At 67 pb it should cost 90c/l petrol and 85c/l diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Oil $147 to $67 in three months. At this rate we'll have free oil within another three months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Just drove by Tesco, charging 124.9 for diesel and 126.9 for petrol. I've never seen the forecourt so empty!

Brent now at $65.73 per barrel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

123.something over here in culchie land.
    ****ing greens will use this as an excuse to increase tax even more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

God knows it gives the government more scope than they could have forseen, but they also know that if the price stays too high they will loose trade to NI and there will be an increase in smuggling but this time in the "wrong" direction.

Mike

v2-cnnmoney-chart1.mkw.jpg

David Horgan of Petrel Resources said earlier this year that the price was a speculative bubble and that it would be 80 dollars by years end. I have to say I didn't belive him at the time. But he is in the buisness :)

Mike

I remember the consensus being that oil would hit $200 by end of year and I also remember some Russian minister stating around the time of a G8 summit that oil would keep climbing to $500 :eek:.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Petrol still being advertised at pre budget 119.9 at Texaco on Newtownpark Ave in south Dublin, 126.9 down in Dun Laoghaire. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I filled up last night at the Texaco on the N4 lucan bypass for 116.9 diesel, I think the petrol was at 118.9. I haven't been past it today so I don't know if that's still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

robbie99 wrote: »
    Oil $147 to $67 in three months. At this rate we'll have free oil within another three months :D

More likely it will be back up to $147 again after Opec decide to slash production at their November meeting.

They will want to "stabilise" prices thats true, and winter heating demand in North America should put a floor under the price anyway.

Mike

Advertisement