Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers for CIT

• 16-10-2008 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Maybe we could start this off - have a meet up maybe sometime in the future. Might be a bit of craic.

If people want to suggest time/location let me know. Maybe in 2 weeks time, though I have to be careful as I've exams around then. We'll see.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Hi,

Maybe we could start this off - have a meet up maybe sometime in the future. Might be a bit of craic.

If people want to suggest time/location let me know. Maybe in 2 weeks time, though I have to be careful as I've exams around then. We'll see.

great idea. /applause

maybe a few weeks from now. i know with semesterisation n all, different people are up the walls at different times. but if we're all a bit more less freaked up by 10% exams every day in a few weeks, i'd be well up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah, I've an exam in 2 weeks worth 30% :( - and its the worse subject at that.

Surprised not much more response! - We'll see anyhow...bumping up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i'd go but i'm not in collitch that much. only 2 days a week and i have to get the last train back to culchie land

so anyone up for this next week??

when next week?

although the thought of me going to that sort of thing usually drives people away :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Creeping-Death

Sounds like a class idea, but like Webmonkey i have a couple of pretty heavy assessments.... As for a location, been to the loft and the b-town a few with the rugby lads and both of em seemed half decent..

Next week is looking dodgy by me :( - Assignments/Exams coming this week. We'll see however :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Seanot

Prob should wait till mid November!!! and make it a Thursday night.......not many people will have big assessments on Fridays :rolleyes:

Be weird meeting people you have never spoken face to face:p .....it would be good crack tho :D

Seanot wrote:
    Be weird meeting people you have never spoken face to face
    It will be even wierder meeting people you always knew to see but never thought they were the ones here. I know for fact I've being talking to some ITS3 guys already.

I was at UL beers there few months back, quite funny - "Hey I'm Webmonkey, who are you". I suggest wearing name tags.

I was at UL beers there few months back, quite funny - "Hey I'm Webmonkey, who are you". I suggest wearing name tags.

Thats a brill idea !!!! :p

• Advertisement

i'd look like an awful eejit with a 'towel401' tag

towel401 wrote: »
    i'd look like an awful eejit with a 'towel401' tag

LOL :pac:

we should all dress up like our handles. i'll dress as an evil monkey, you can dress as a towel!!

na but seriously, we'll say mid-november so.

we should all dress up like our handles. i'll dress as an evil monkey, you can dress as a towel!!

na but seriously, we'll say mid-november so.
    But we'll conflict :(

But we'll conflict :(

well i'd just have to make sure i look evil enough for people to know the difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

any date set for the beers yet???

any date set for the beers yet???

middle of november me thinks

middle of november me thinks

Think thats the best ....two weeks time ..... watch this space ...... Ill post a date next week!!!!!

Seanot wrote: »
    Think thats the best ....two weeks time ..... watch this space ...... Ill post a date next week!!!!!

lol - you're taking the ball on this one are ya?? :p

lol - you're taking the ball on this one are ya?? :p

Yep !!!! :p;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

can we have it on a week day tho cos I go home most weekends...A suggestion would be a Tuesday night have a lie in Wednesday morning which would be perfect

good idea..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'd say ye lads could get a few more people by making it a Cork Beers in the CC forum.

Kold wrote: »
    I'd say ye lads could get a few more people by making it a Cork Beers in the CC forum.

would like to meet a few fellow techies though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

would like to meet a few fellow techies though

Well it's just an idea to boost numbers, as a student of CCAD we're technically CIT but I wouldn't feel like much of a CITer.

Kold wrote: »
    Well it's just an idea to boost numbers, as a student of CCAD we're technically CIT but I wouldn't feel like much of a CITer.

either way ye are so join the party!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Creeping-Death

did the board beers happen in the end?

Nope :(

Nope :(

push it on by a bit?

• Advertisement

I don't know, i've lost track of things with none stop exams/assignments/FYP stuff :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement