Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post of the day

Options
  • 16-10-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭

is there anyway to see previous posts of the day?
    maybe a page with links or something? :confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Great idea. Some sort of archive system would be really handy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Excellent idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

T'would be nifty alright....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Also, not many posters, myself included, scroll over to the "boards.ie" drop down menu, essentially because there aren't any actual boards to be accessed there.

Would it make sense to put a PotD link somewhere a little more noticeable, such as between the post filter and the RSS link on the main page above the latest posts?

Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Excellent idea!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

An archive of these Posts of the Day would be great, maybe even culminating in a Biki page some day?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

The current POTD is by seamus and in a forum I don't have access to (maybe mod forum). Could private forums be filtered out from the POTD function? That's inevitably going to happen quite a bit and makes it pointless for many users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

An Fhile wrote: »
    An archive of these Posts of the Day would be great, maybe even culminating in a Biki page some day?

That's a good idea, now if only we knew someone who has a hobby of creating and updating biki pages, any suggestions op? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

javaboy wrote: »
    The current POTD is by seamus and in a forum I don't have access to (maybe mod forum). Could private forums be filtered out from the POTD function? That's inevitably going to happen quite a bit and makes it pointless for many users.

Oh man you're totally missin out. It's like the GREATEST post of the day ever!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

oooh... beaten by just two posts today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I've just checked the post of the day and it's in the mod forum. I'm not sure that's the best idea. Surely everyone should be able to see it?

EDIT: I see javaboy has mentioned it already.

I think you are absolutely right Watna, i feel putting an exclusive forums post as a post of the day will only further aggitate the hatred that lie between mod's and those whos souls are still intact!:D:D:pac::D:mad::):p:D:rolleyes:

I think you are absolutely right Watna, i feel putting an exclusive forums post as a post of the day will only further aggitate the hatred that lie between mod's and those whos souls are still intact!:D:D:pac::D:mad::):p:D:rolleyes:

Souls intact you say?

oh yes, I will remember that! :D

watna wrote: »
    Souls intact you say?

oh yes, I will remember that! :D
    Ah here, i helped you earlier!!:p

Ah here, i helped you earlier!!:p

Good point, I retract my earlier statement!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Ahhhh, what the hell did Seamus say? It's driving me crazy, it must have been super funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Actually, I quoted something super-funny that someone else posted.

Kind of a hollow victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

seamus wrote: »
    Actually, I quoted something super-funny that someone else posted.

Which was...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i said this in the other current post of the day thread
    Tigger wrote: »
    two things

1 post of the day is from yesterday

2 a post/thread of the day archive would be cool and get posters into more fora (is it fora ?)

also seamus stop alluding to what yer man said in pi and tell us

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Wow, I thought i was the only person who was looking at this each day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For POTD archive just left click on my name and choose "Find More Posts by biko"

Badum tish

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

PotD probably should filter out restricted forums etc anyway. Imagine if it took someones post from The Thunderdome, say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Even better would be to put the most thanked i.e. POTD filter into the advanced search page. Then you could look up the most thanked post in a particular forum or forums..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Which was...?

None of your bees wax.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Is a bit pointless then if the vast majority of users can't read it.

How about the mod forum has it very own potd feature, and us plebs have the regular one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

How can you tell if you've won post of the day? I've probably missed out on a fair few now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Just out of interest, how is thread of the day decided?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Galvasean wrote: »
    Just out of interest, how is thread of the day decided?
    picked randomly now afaik but CuLT has a cunning plan to make it something cool...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

SteveC wrote: »
    picked randomly now afaik but CuLT has a cunning plan to make it something cool...

Oh no! :eek:

Advertisement