Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wacken '09

• 16-10-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Would be interested in going to this, anyone know how much tix are, and where I could get some, maybe around Dublin?

Also what price would I be looking at for flights? I've tried looking at some on Ryanair, either they're sold out or they haven't any schedueled for the dates of Wacken yet?

And tips and info would be great :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

I went to Wacken this year and last year and have bought tickets for 2009. I've flown out with AerLingus, as they will fly to Hamburg which suits me. Whatever you do, book your flights as early as possible, as soon as they're available. I booked mine quite late in '07 and paid nearly 400 euro. Tickets available at metaltix.com As it's the 20th Anniversary, just be aware that tickets WILL most likely sell out months before the event. See ya there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Tim131 wrote: »
    Would be interested in going to this, anyone know how much tix are, and where I could get some, maybe around Dublin?

Also what price would I be looking at for flights? I've tried looking at some on Ryanair, either they're sold out or they haven't any schedueled for the dates of Wacken yet?

And tips and info would be great :D

Tickets available usually from Sentinel Records http://www.sentinelireland.com/home.php - not sure when they're available from though, might be a good idea giving Scobes a call. That or ask on http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28407&sid=adfe56f5f3011f955a6c373cee500e11 - Wacken 2009 thread is already 8 pages long, so I'm sure all you're answers are sure to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

For flights best bet is to book early.
    Aer Lingus fly to Hamburg from Dublin while Ryanair fly to Lubeck and Bremen from Dublin.

Sentinel Records in Temple Bar is the only place in Ireland to get tickets AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Tickets were about 120 if you include everything last year.

I took a Ryanair flight to Lubeck and it cost €250 but that was because I left it until March to buy tickets. Usually you could get em for around €100 or less before Christmas.

I got my tickets on metaltix.com and had no problem with them.

Advertisement