Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

911 questions i have ?

• 16-10-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Can anyboy tell me how many planes are over america in the air at any one time? .... I`ve heard their could be 50.000 is that way off????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Commercial, corporate, private or military?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

Friend of mine said that he worls for eassy jet and that their was about 50.000 flights which had to be grounded when things went tits up over ... i`d say that that number is huge how would it be sprea out over all the air towers and controllerS? also i found an article which states that 2 plains which crashed were in other places at the time .... it`s amazing what they don`t tell ya ....
    i`m just intreeged !!

http://911review.org/brad.com/flights_air.html

wierd?///

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Commuting & Transport to Aviation & Aircraft - these people may have a better idea on the number of aircraft. They may not appreciate conspiracy theories though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

DJKAV wrote: »
    Can anyboy tell me how many planes are over america in the air at any one time?

It's probably best to ask a carpenter:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

50,000 at the least!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭James_UK

Wow 50,000, that's a lot :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Friend of mine said that he worls for eassy jet and that their was about 50.000 flights which had to be grounded when things went tits up over ... i`d say that that number is huge how would it be sprea out over all the air towers and controllerS? also i found an article which states that 2 plains which crashed were in other places at the time .... it`s amazing what they don`t tell ya ....
    i`m just intreeged !!

wierd?///

given the other c*ap on that site I'd ignore anything they say...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576 tbh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

To answer the OP's original question, there are anywhere between 4000-6000 Aircraft flying over the United States Of America at any given time. For air traffic controllers, keeping them moving safely and on time is an intricately choreographed ballet—each plane moving through the air at different speeds, altitudes, and headings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

i`m just intreeged !!

wierd?///

Will it put your mind at rest if I set up a site to say the opposite to what that guy says? It'll be as credible too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yeah there's lots of different views of what happened that day. Some are rubbish, some are intreguing and some are downright scary. The pentagon crash doesnt add up at all to me considering the damage and wreckage (or lack of) left behind. Conspiricy theories are hated by some people but it just lets the mind wonder a bit. A lot of it is bull**** warblings of stoners and hippies, but when scientists and respected engineers make statements about the collapse of the towers and building 7 etc its worth listening to.

DJKAV you'll love Loose Change if you havent seen it. http://www.loosechange911.com/blog/

My two cents by the way folks, I dont wanna spark a big 9/11 debate in AA! I'm just saying I stand firmly in the middle between conspiricies and truth :) I'm open to all avenues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

PCLANCY, the fact of the matter is that an airliner hit the Pentagon that day. Hundreds of people saw it fly across the city and crash into the building. The only reason the Pentagon attack is doubted at all is because there was no high quality news footage. Here's a website which neatly debunks the whole 'no plane' nonsense.

http://wtc7lies.googlepages.com/911pentagonflight77evidencesummary

It took me precisely four minutes to find pictures on Google showing aircraft parts in the Pentagon.

Naturally of course since we have all seen the footage, no one can doubt that aircraft hit the WTC. So the nutcases have come up with another stupid theory. The controlled demolition idea. None of these people care to consider that maybe just maybe flying two airliners into the buildings might just be enough. And just because Scientists and Engineers are prepared to believe this crap doesn't mean they aren't fruitcakes as well.

I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the fact that most conspiracy theories are so easy to debunk. Of them all, the Pentagon is the easiest. Yet is persists if the fact of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yeah I know dude, I said I stand in the middle of the field when it comes to this stuff. I have read for myself that yes a 757 did hit the pentagon. Whatever did happen that day and whoever was behind it set off two more foreign wars for the US and changed the power structure of the Middle East forever and the worlds oil economics.

You have to at least think that somethings a little bit fishey about Silverstein having got the lease for the WTC a quarter its value, then getting double his 3.6bn insurance policy because of that legal battle about "two attacks"

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

it just seems to me that people are afraid to ask why are their so many questions not answered?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

it just seems to me that people are afraid to ask why are their so many questions not answered?

People have been asking questions for years now(7 in fact) Its the refusal of so many organisations to listen to those questions that is the problem.

Personally I hate the Pentagon/mystery plane theory. It hit the ground at high speed,it nearly disintegrated! Just look at any crash site for a commercal airliners that 'fell out of the sky', most of the debris is tiny.

I read an interview a year ago with the Colonel who was in charge of Air Defense that day. He talked about how things unfolded that day. How his pilots were chasing 'rogue' planes to find that they hadn't heard the call to descend to nearest airport. He described how he was asking for clarification on what he was empowered to do. He had been told to use all means to prevent another attack but he wanted it stated whether he could order a shoot down of a commercail airliners. He got that permission 6-7 mins after the aircraft had gone down in Pennsylvana (Flight93) At that time there was an interceptor trying to catch that aircraft. However the conspiracy gang will dismiss this as pure propaganda.

Flight Aware shows a map of the US with all the commercial flight on it. Just click on Live Flight Tracker and select Nationwide. http://flightaware.com/live/

I used to work for EI Flight Operations,I had a radar disply besdie all the time(basically a commercial version of FlightAware.com)to help tracj our birds. It was mesmorising watching the ballet of aircraft,you could adjust the filters to display individual airlines or everything,then zoom into NYC to see the madness of all the flight paths for JFK,EWR and LGA.

Advertisement