Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Bitch/Moan/Rant Thread.

Options
  • 16-10-2008 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭

Ok this thread to let off steam about the sh1te things that happen at UCD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Arghghghghg I hate lectures who use dont use slides.

Chalk is so hard to read:mad:

ALso I am sick:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The Trap only has one decent pool table

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Hate college essays. They're so complicated and undoable. <---:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 _raven_

I hate every one of those f*cking 29000 Euros a year I was supposed to pay. Now I'm stuck with Italy instead of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Autumn's coming, and so the 1st years are going to find out how a wind tunnel works, whether they're doing a science-related subject or not. The wind gets funnelled straight down between the buildings, past the library and beyond. Those covered walkways don't help when the sleet's coming down there horizontally... :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Frisbee wrote: »
    The Trap only has one decent pool table

And the assholes god rid of the free table and the 10c table!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

/bitches and whines AGAIN about 4th CS lab situation

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Stayed up all night last night doing a Creative Writing assignment and then forgot to bring the bloody thing. Grrrr. At least I wasn't asked to read it this week. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

Arghghghghg I hate lectures who use dont use slides.

Chalk is so hard to read:mad:

ALso I am sick:(
    sit in the front instead lol

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Why do I have to be 17???I wasn't even allowed into my own class party for fecks sake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH ASSIGNMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Man I hate these threads. And blogs. Thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

arghhh i hate fucking mid-term assignments and exams :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

/bitches and whines AGAIN about 4th CS lab situation
    I second this motion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

God DAMN the serious lack of perishable food substances available in the Students Union Bookshop!!! ans Assignments also grind my gears!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

God I love UCD, the article in the tribune about the Quinn school girls, god bless 'em

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Just read the tribune, page three (rather apt that)

You've been up all night doing an essay. You've had a little over two hours sleep. Your eyes are itchy and sore. What is the last thing you want...

Why, a surprise quiz in your politics lecture. Huzzah!

I was waffling away but I think I got some of the points. With a bit of luck I might get a C grade in it. Here's hoping.

What a day anyway. I'll be in the land of nod very quickly when I do decide to drop off. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I was waffling away but I think I got some of the points. With a bit of luck I might get a C grade in it. Here's hoping.
    Genocide and International Community I presume? Same as myself, only got the time to read the chapter this morning thanks to an essay and another assignment - ah well, at least there's one get out jail for free card with those quizzes!

Genocide and International Community I presume? Same as myself, only got the time to read the chapter this morning thanks to an essay and another assignment - ah well, at least there's one get out jail for free card with those quizzes!

Yep that's the one. My heart sank when I heard him say the q word. I only had a quick glance at the first two pages as I've so much essay stuff on but the first question I did seemed to be pretty much on what I looked at. If I got a C in that I'd be delighted.

As you say though we do have that one lifeline in those quizzes. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What's the get out of jail free thing? :confused: Can ye just say "I'll give this one a miss" and you don't have to do it??? :eek: I presume it's only the one if so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Isn't this just a copy of a Trinity thread, which copied us originally and now we are making a new one.
    What have I to moan about. Nothing really, I stayed up all night doing an essay. That was fun:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Dave! wrote: »
    What's the get out of jail free thing? :confused: Can ye just say "I'll give this one a miss" and you don't have to do it??? :eek: I presume it's only the one if so :p
    We're doing 3 or 4 in total plus the final exam, the lowest grade quiz won't count towards the final grade for the module.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Essays that are worth 45%, lecturers who assume you know the major principles of subjects you won't do till next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Assigments that aren't worth the amount you put in. One module sets a 2,000 word essay worth 40%, then a different module(but within the same department) offers only 15% for a 2,000 essay. I guess it makes sense.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sarchasm

Why do I have to be 17???I wasn't even allowed into my own class party for fecks sake!

did you skip transition year?

my rant:
    I dislike my name being associated with UCD when a competition to see who can be the biggest slut is popular. Also people in work think I'm D4 and my daddy is rich just because I go to UCD.

people standing in the middle of doorways, especially lecture theatres- idiots!

my masters results not being out yet, they put up the results about 2 weeks ago but then took them down again so I'm not sure if they were provisional or my actual marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

You've been up all night doing an essay. You've had a little over two hours sleep. Your eyes are itchy and sore. What is the last thing you want...

How dare Dr. Thomas take away our lovely blackboard and bring in pop quizes which you can only do well in if you focus on the whole of a 40 page reading. Someone should tell him that's not how we do things around here. Having said that, I read the first 5 pages and there's a decent chance my waffling blagged me a B and worst case scenario is a D which ain't shocking

Bubs101 wrote: »
    How dare Dr. Thomas take away our lovely blackboard and bring in pop quizes which you can only do well in if you focus on the whole of a 40 page reading. Someone should tell him that's not how we do things around here. Having said that, I read the first 5 pages and there's a decent chance my waffling blagged me a B and worst case scenario is a D which ain't shocking

Hey Bubs I didn't know you were in that course. :cool:

The worst thing is when you bother to read one of those giant readings and when it comes to the lecture nothing of major note gets said on it. I felt I had a pretty good grasp of the stuff on Cambodia and a few of those other countries and wouldn't have minded a quiz on one of them. Guess it's the luck of the draw in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Isn't this just a copy of a Trinity thread, which copied us originally and now we are making a new one.
    SO how are we copying them

Grrrrr Blackboard I needed you then and you let me down :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Paid €40 on Tuesday for a new tire fitting and repairs to a buckle in my back wheel in the bike shop. He mentioned having replaced some spokes, which increased the cost. Cycling home, back tire goes completely flat... Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I'm pretty sure they must have pushed one of the spokes through and it pierced the tube.

So an hour and a half walk home in the rain was added to my day, and now today or tomorrow will have to include bike repairs, and monday will feature complaining and asking for money back.

Advertisement