Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Bitch/Moan/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

Alyosha wrote: »
    ...postgrad students with their own little rooms which are empty half the time.
    scop wrote: »
    This is because postgrads tend to have different hours than most students. They're the only rooms you'll see with people in them on Sundays at 10am.

Yeah I guess. Wasn't getting a dig in at the postgrads, just bemoaning my lack of nice quiet study room.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Exams are ghey. I hate macro.

Nyeh!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

To all arts students who are in laptop spots on the 4th floor of the library and aren't even using a laptop:

F*ck off. Seriously, some of us are in laptop-required courses and need somewhere to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

I can see how that's infuriating, but how do you know they're Arts students?

It's clear from the history/English/sociology books around them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

BrightEyes wrote: »
    I hate the way if you get certain result in the Lc and if it is enough above the course requirements you can get a grant.
    I know a handful of people who got a grant and they do not need it living at home no more than a 15 minute cycle from college (all of them) and obviously having enough money to not even expect the children to use that money towards college education expenses. The money just funded social lives.

It's a scholarship, a prize for doing well, not a maintenance grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

To all arts students who are in laptop spots on the 4th floor of the library and aren't even using a laptop:

F*ck off. Seriously, some of us are in laptop-required courses and need somewhere to work.

Early bird gets the worm. Those desks are quite popular as they are quite nice and spacious. People are free to sit in any desk once they actually remain there and arent disruptive

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nikkio237

Fire alarms in Merville at 2 and 3 in the morning once a week. They're defective, someone please fix them already??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Do Arts students ever climb above the 2nd floor? The 3rd & 4th floors are where the Science and Engineering books are, so I have my doubts, but if they need working space, why not?

If you really need one of those desks for the power socket, look for someone who looks nice and ask them nicely. Explain why you need that desk in clear, polite language, and you might be surprised. A "F*ck off" attitude will not win you any favours, but "a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down", as Julie says. ;)

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Assignments, and assignments, and assignments. Gah!

• Advertisement

Waltons wrote: »
    Assignments, and assignments, and assignments. Gah!

A-****ing-men. My brain hurts from even contemplating how much I have to do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The price of pints in the SU bar and Forum bar

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Nikkio237 wrote: »
    Fire alarms in Merville at 2 and 3 in the morning once a week. They're defective, someone please fix them already??

Think you'll probably find that it's people arriving in from town locked and setting them off!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Those strange posters for "Balls" with odd names that bear no relation to the actual event. "Road Trip"? What road trip? Where to? To a nightclub full of drunk 18-year-olds and security imbeciles? Gee, where do I sign up? :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Anyone been to the refurbished Magic Carpet in Cabinteely? Its sickening how much its changed...

But more to the point, college and the general run up to the exams bites!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

betafrog wrote: »
    So many assignments, and those f**kers who turn up to a lab and do nothing but talk and laugh like a bunch of f**king Hyenas... F**K OFF!!! ITS A LAB FOR FECKS SAKE!!!

Oppsss I think one slipped through there...

You forgot to mention a certain CS lecturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

NO BANANAS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

LOUD NOISES!!!! also stupid exams.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

All my motivation has been drained by small exams and projects :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ar*e in library has gone new low,personally think this deserves a new thread but meh:(

laptop room in the library,full,but 5out of 10 are occupied by the books on the table.so i just took the one with with less personal stuffs since the person was away for about 1hour - only books from library and few pieces of paper written her name.

when the girl came back,
    ''this is my seat etc''
    [insert my reason]
    ''but can you take the others people desk?''

i was shocked by the intelligence of this girl :pac:thus i left,straight to the reception for a complaint,i knew it wont change a thing anyway.people:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

bnt wrote: »
    Those strange posters for "Balls" with odd names that bear no relation to the actual event. "Road Trip"? What road trip? Where to? To a nightclub full of drunk 18-year-olds and security imbeciles? Gee, where do I sign up? :rolleyes:

Agreed. I laugh at their embarrassing attempts at being American Frathouse wannabes.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ar*e in library has gone new low,personally think this deserves a new thread but meh:(

laptop room in the library,full,but 5out of 10 are occupied by the books on the table.so i just took the one with with less personal stuffs since the person was away for about 1hour - only books from library and few pieces of paper written her name.

when the girl came back,
    ''this is my seat etc''
    [insert my reason]
    ''but can you take the others people desk?''

i was shocked by the intelligence of this girl :pac:thus i left,straight to the reception for a complaint,i knew it wont change a thing anyway.people:rolleyes:

I hate when people leave their books on a desk and disappear for hours at a time.
    Ok if your going for a smoke/to the shop/for lunch. But when you see the same desk sitting there unoccupied all day it starts getting really annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

People sleeping at desks, I understand alot of people are tired, I get exhausted too, but hungover people that cannot and will not be studying should not take up the precious space needed to get study done so that others wont be up til 2am trying to get assignments done.
    Plus people who tut tut at others talking but then as soon as their friend comes as good as screaming at the top of their lungs. Libraries are supposed to be quiet.
    And finally, the people who take every book known to man on a certain topic, I mean really do you actually need that many books on the one topic? We all have he assignments due, but rather than taking all books, I check a few and only take one or two. You really dont need any more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

life. work. f**king safeassign f**king not registering a f**king essay I submitted weeks it go that it TOLD me it submitted.:eek::( Noisy neighbours. And that stupid james dean poster that won't stop falling off the wall
    ARRRGGGGHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Last August, on registration day, my first Sociology option module for 2nd semester, so then had to choose another one of significantly less interest. Today, that 2nd choice one is gone on the wayside, yet again for no apparent reason(although could be wrong from what I heard up there when handing in an essay). And so I'm onto my 3rd choice option, which I was palced into without knowledge, and is also a 3rd year module, and which I most certainly don't want to do, so get out of it. Try to choose another one I';d be more interested in(which would be my 3rd option, but timetable clash. Def not dropping to my 5th choice, also a 3rd year module, and cant re-register for the one I was automatically placed into today. So leaves me with only 55 credits, and appears I must chose from 1 of 2 modules I most certainly don't want to do. And just got a 2nd email bout it now that makes them appear they're great for offering us this module instead, when it'll more than likely only cause more hassle to those not finished 2nd year and are forced into doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rossi-Radar

People who hide books in the library!

Im trying to do a history essay on Robespierre but all the English books on the title are either being used or someone is hiding them!

If your hiding books put them back before i get Medieval on your ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

People who hide books in the library!

Im trying to do a history essay on Robespierre but all the English books on the title are either being used or someone is hiding them!

If your hiding books put them back before i get Medieval on your ass!

I noticed this a lot with the Vikings module. I guess with final year the demand is higher and people resort to anything to keep hold of their book. No excuse for it though. Just photocopy it and leave it back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Essays
    Essays
    Essays
    Take home exam
    and even more bleedin' essays!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I hate when the shop is out of rockstar.

It's crystal meth in a can!

• Advertisement

I hate when the shop is out of rockstar.

It's crystal meth in a can!

I can't really drink the full-sugar ones because I'm on a diet, but the sugar-free one is great :)

Advertisement