Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Bitch/Moan/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I can't really drink the full-sugar ones because I'm on a diet, but the sugar-free one is great :)

Sugar-free energy drinks:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Mushy wrote: »
    Sugar-free energy drinks:confused:

Speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rubyroo

The inability of departments to discuss deadlines with each other - I'm doing history and english and have 6 essays due in the space of 6 days. How is this humanly possible?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

I hate when the shop is out of rockstar.

It's crystal meth in a can!

Its crystal meth in a can!
    Its crystal meth in a can!
    Rockstar is crystal meth!

I hate the fact that i now owe the college 485 quid for substitutuing a repeat module! had the number 485 been mentioned to me at the time, i would've taken my chances with the original one!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

rubyroo wrote: »
    The inability of departments to discuss deadlines with each other - I'm doing history and english and have 6 essays due in the space of 6 days. How is this humanly possible?

Were you giving short notice on each of them? If so then that's harsh. I suspect not though.

Health Sciences library really starting to annoy me. People constantly talking at the entry and not realizing that sound travels up into the open study area. Also the people having full blown conversations in the computer room and laptop room. Take it into the photocopy room were no one can hear you.

Finally, people not being able to use the scanners at the entry/exit. It's clearly written on them how to use it correctly yet some people still frantically rub the card against the glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Im struggling to get this politics essay done. It's worth 50% of my grade so I need to do well in it. My eyes want to sleep though. Me thinks I'll have to make a visit over to college tomorrow and get more books out.

Ugh I'm dreading this week. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I'm seriously lacking motivation right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm seriously lacking motivation right now.

+1'd so hard glitter just came flying out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think this is the longest I've ever gone without sleep. I stayed up all night doing an essay and I'm still going. I can feel the tiredness kick in. I hope I can make it to nine at least. Then I might get up early on a Monday for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

5000 word essay for Biology due by Friday or somethin'. I officially no longer give a shit about getting an A in this class anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Shazbot wrote: »
    Health Sciences library really starting to annoy me. People constantly talking at the entry and not realizing that sound travels up into the open study area. Also the people having full blown conversations in the computer room and laptop room. Take it into the photocopy room were no one can hear you.

Finally, people not being able to use the scanners at the entry/exit. It's clearly written on them how to use it correctly yet some people still frantically rub the card against the glass.

I completely agree! What really is also getting on my wick is people of double standards too.I was on the top floor studying and not even making an unnecessary peep(no one is 100% silent) and neither was the girl next to me, the only thing is when people were talking and laughing, she was tutting and making a big sighs and being all dramatic (which only made her as loud as them).
    Then her boyfriend came into the library and I swear to god I nearly died, she sat on her fellas lap, giggling and talking and literally kissing the face off him. If there was any other seat in the area I would have been there in a shot but the place was packed.
    I mean I'm not trying to be shrewed or anything but serious theres a time and place! and I'm 99% sure its not the health sciences library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rubyroo

Were you giving short notice on each of them? If so then that's harsh. I suspect not though.

Three of the six are take home exams, only get them about a week in advance of deadline. I had more time with the others, but generally need to feel the fear before I can write anything ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Drove into college today, go there about 10am. NO F*CKING PARKING ANYWHERE!!!!!!! :mad: I drove around for ages, then parked somewhere for a half an hour to read/wait for someone to leave. Drove around again, waited again. After at least 2 hours I had to go home for lack of a parking space!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 slevins

Tizziana Brancacio 3rd year quants anyone?

Heres to no essays and 7 final exams, 6 of them worth 70+%

slevins wrote: »

I never understood this kind of moaning. You must have known what the coursework entailed when you enrolled back in aug/sept. No grounds to complain if you did.

Another library grief. Went to visit my supervisor after spending hours in the library this morning. I'm only gone 5 minutes and someone takes my seat. Came back and wasn't too impressed. Do people really think it's ok to do this despite all my stuff on the desk and my jacket on the seat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Had her for second year quants, not very fun at all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Spoof emails sent via Blackboard, apparently from various people on one of my courses. Usually with a message about how the sender is "coming out" as gay, and needs to express the joy they feel. Some people need to learn lessons about account security, such as never giving passwords to anyone else under any circumstances. :mad:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Being sick for the last week of term :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Dave! wrote: »
    Drove into college today, go there about 10am. NO F*CKING PARKING ANYWHERE!!!!!!! :mad: I drove around for ages, then parked somewhere for a half an hour to read/wait for someone to leave. Drove around again, waited again. After at least 2 hours I had to go home for lack of a parking space!

This happened me 2 of the last 3 Tuesdays when I'm in at eleven.
    Just started going in real early if i want to consider getting parking

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't usually have reason to go in to the Arts building, except when I'm having a coffee before going to the Library. Those "Stand Up And Surf" PCs annoy me, because every time I see them, 1/4 - 1/3 of them are locked up, and no-one's doing anything about it.

If you can't shut it down normally, hold the power button for 4-5 seconds, and it will switch off (unless it's really borked). Wait 10 seconds, then turn it on again. If you get odd "Context Not Found" messages when you try to log in, restarting the system normally (from the Shutdown button on screen" sometimes sorts that.

Yes, I know IT Services should fix their PC images, but until that happens, any of you can get a machine going, at least until it locks up again. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 slevins

I never understood this kind of moaning. You must have known what the coursework entailed when you enrolled back in aug/sept. No grounds to complain if you did.

Another library grief. Went to visit my supervisor after spending hours in the library this morning. I'm only gone 5 minutes and someone takes my seat. Came back and wasn't too impressed. Do people really think it's ok to do this despite all my stuff on the desk and my jacket on the seat?

How should I know what the course entailed if I'd never taken it before. I thought it would be similar to previous adv quants courses but as she just took over she doubled the content covered this year.

It was only a light complaint but what I cannot understand is you moaning about people taking your seat. If you've clearly marked your spot, ie open books notes laptop pens jacket etc., and someone still shifts you then deal with it and shift them. However, any time I see a prime desk with a single notepad or a single book just opend I'll usually move it if I need the desk. Was sitting opposite a desk yest where someone left a notepad for 6 hours and no one touched it, yet people came looking for desks.

How should I know what the course entailed if I'd never taken it before. I thought it would be similar to previous adv quants courses but as she just took over she doubled the content covered this year.
    Becuase when enrolling for a module there is an option to view the module breakdown of marks. It tell's you how you be assessed and what the workload will be
    It was only a light complaint but what I cannot understand is you moaning about people taking your seat. If you've clearly marked your spot, ie open books notes laptop pens jacket etc., and someone still shifts you then deal with it and shift them. However, any time I see a prime desk with a single notepad or a single book just opend I'll usually move it if I need the desk. Was sitting opposite a desk yest where someone left a notepad for 6 hours and no one touched it, yet people came looking for desks.

A complaint about someone moving all of my stuff, a laptop, folders and about 10 papers on my desk so she can sit down is beyond comprehension. She was gone by the time I got back so I didn't have to deal with her. My friends sitting around her sorted her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I have to say, I have no problem with people leaving for 30min to get food, bathroom, etc but wtf is with going to lectures and leaving your stuff there. Today I need to study for 2hrs and I have noticed that people leave their stuff on a desk for far longer without returning!

When I get a desk and need to leave it for a few min to do something, I leave a note saying the time I left and how long I'll be, if I'm not back by then, then anyone is free to move my stuff, but this attitude of leaving stuff for hours and not returning drives me crazy, you do not own the desk, you have not rented it! Dont waste everyones time cause its not fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Being sick for the last week when 3 60% essays are due on Friday... :-(

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I have to say, I have no problem with people leaving for 30min to get food, bathroom, etc but wtf is with going to lectures and leaving your stuff there. Today I need to study for 2hrs and I have noticed that people leave their stuff on a desk for far longer without returning!

Couldn't agree more. Far too many people leaving for 2+ hours. The main library tried to enforce a 30min rule about a year or 2 ago. Wasn't effective at all. Unfortunately it's just a flaw in the library set up.

I just got home, the radio's on and it's Rick Astley. >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I just got home, the radio's on and it's Rick Astley. >.>
    Rickroll'd by a DJ, oh dear...

Reviewing papers is hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Agh! The most annoying possible person is sitting next to me in the library. Since he has arrived, he has eaten a sandwich more loudly than I thought imaginable, farted, gone wandering, leaving his phone to ring. And now he's back, and even though the laptop tables are huge and more than enough room, he keeps stretching his elbows onto mine. :mad:

Waltons wrote: »
    Reviewing papers is hard!

Just finished writing my reviews (Natural Computing, I'm gonna assume), and yeah that was rather annoying.

My rant for today: I was FAR too sleepy for the Operating Systems MCQ this morning. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The fact that their closing the 2nd and 3rd Year labs on Monday until the exams end instead of waiting until the exams are over like a semi-intelligent school would...

EDIT: Talking about Comp Sci btw

Advertisement