Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Bitch/Moan/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

New bitch:
    Just checked my exam timetable and although I knew that I had a day or two which I had more than one exam, I hadn't realised I actually have 3 exams on the same day in the RDS.

12-2, 3-5, 6-8, all are second year modules, seems a bit sick to me to be honest, anyone have a similar timetable recently?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

My print card has frozen so I get free print jobs!

But today it started working again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Rant of the day:

Trying to find exam papers. It's a pain trying to find anything before last year's one. Whoever decided that giving both 3rd and 4th year courses COMP30xxx codes was a good idea can go die in a fiery pit of fire. Also, pretty much anything from the 06/07 academic year seems to have disappeared into a black hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Domo230 wrote: »
    Some ****** stole the seat off my bike :mad:

For some strange reason that made me laugh... sorry

Im getting pissed off with the ATM's can never get one that works :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

quick release?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Every time I log on, its the brown haired girl talking to a man across the desk and the xray of an animal on the side, the funny thing is I know her and she didnt even end up in UCD in the end

Tell her she looks like Dana Scully.

I'm going to go with the classic here... Assignments :(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭getting worse

Got an email today, sent to all the class from someone who did not attend lectures wanting to know if the lecturer gave any hints for the exam. I am torn between replies

Dear blah, He did suggest that attending lecturers was a help in passing the exam......

or

Dear Blah, He gave us all the answers to the exam at the last lecture but we are not allowed to tell you.

Just arrived at the wrong time and really got on my goat.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Rancho

Ive had two bikes stolen in UCD, you'd think those scumbag security guards would do something about that rather than give students a hard time (and e50 fine) for having a a can waiting for the bus into town.. I mean F**k off!!! Between them they probably have more convictions than the entire student body!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Rancho wrote: »
    Ive had two bikes stolen in UCD, you'd think those scumbag security guards would do something about that rather than give students a hard time (and e50 fine) for having a a can waiting for the bus into town.. I mean F**k off!!! Between them they probably have more convictions than the entire student body!!:mad:

A bit jarred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I have a good complaint (?): I've finished all my coursework, have no exams, and I'm not flying home until the 19th. So I have feck all to do for the next two weeks. It'd be more enjoyable if I had money, but that's running low. If anyone wants me to do any study for them...

• Advertisement

Tom65 wrote: »
    I have a good complaint (?): I've finished all my coursework, have no exams, and I'm not flying home until the 19th. So I have feck all to do for the next two weeks. It'd be more enjoyable if I had money, but that's running low. If anyone wants me to do any study for them...

*takes aim*
    *fires*

There, that feels better.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

nutkick.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

*takes aim*
    *fires*

There, that feels better.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    nutkick.gif

Shouldn't you guys be studying?

:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Rancho wrote: »

It has long been known that it is the security men who steal the bikes. Or give cover. That racket is an old one, but maybe people are more naive these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

There were construction people taking measurements etc in Mervile yesterday. I can only assume that they're gonna go whole hog and build a couple of security towers for snipers, complete with sweeping searchlights and 20 foot high walls of razor wire.

Shouldn't you guys be studying?

:p:D

Quiet your face. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Maths for Engineers IV (2nd year). I went to every lecture, and understood what was going on, at the time. I did OK on the tutorials (when I had time to do them). Yet, when I go to revise it now, before the exams, it's as if I'm seeing it all again for the first time. The stuff is just not memorable. The lecturer would like us to develop an intuitive understanding of Maths... well, I would like that too, but it's 1 of 6 subjects I have this semester, so... brain cells are being rationed, join the queue and wait for your share.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

If the third years in B1.09 could kindly STFU it'd be fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Companion Cube

If you don't like it you are free to move elsewhere, there's a lab next door, then there's the first year labs where the post grads are working. Silence is pretty much enforced there.

We have henry orals today and are just trying to pat eachother on the back jeez.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Or you could use a library. Can't moan about people talking in a place where they are allowed talk.

Anyone else notice the stupid Vepsa that keeps parking in a car parking space in the car park between the student centre and health science building. Extremely annoying, they can park anywhere outside a building but for some reason want to waste a car parking space.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Moan:
    I hate the Critical Theory journal!! Wreaking my head for days!!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Moan;
    I hate when you hold the door for someone and they look at you as if you have 6 heads... Get some manners!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

scop wrote: »
    It has long been known that it is the security men who steal the bikes. Or give cover. That racket is an old one, but maybe people are more naive these days?

Maybe just less prone to tinfoil hat conspiracy theories?

Moan: The whole place is clogged up with schoolkids. Stupid open days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sarchasm

We have to pay 45 euro to hire our robes, 43 if prepay! Oooh two euro, how nice of you.

Its crazy, surely it would be more cost efficient if the B.A. graduands paid as there is mostly likely more of them than masters graduates- classes being smaller etc. Or maybe they think since we forked out around 5 grand we can afford to lose a bit more cash on a robe.

We didn't have to pay when I graduated last year. Its crazy, 45 euro for like 2 hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sarchasm

Agh! The most annoying possible person is sitting next to me in the library. Since he has arrived, he has eaten a sandwich more loudly than I thought imaginable, farted, gone wandering, leaving his phone to ring. And now he's back, and even though the laptop tables are huge and more than enough room, he keeps stretching his elbows onto mine. :mad:

You poor thing. I hate people like that, space invaders, people who keep coughing and sniffing or breathing through their noses really loudly are also annoying. People who look around and don't seem to be doing any work as it distracts me from my work. Eating a sandwich is pretty cheeky. Pray he will get is comeuppance, hopefully from Librocop.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sarchasm wrote: »
    You poor thing. I hate people like that, space invaders, people who keep coughing and sniffing or breathing through their noses really loudly are also annoying. People who look around and don't seem to be doing any work as it distracts me from my work. Eating a sandwich is pretty cheeky. Pray he will get is comeuppance, hopefully from Librocop.

It could have been a ham sandwich. That'd teach him. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Moan 1: The fact that I have one half of my Credits for this semester being assessed on Monday(Im in final year).

Moan 2: The fact that I havent studied for said half credits

/Hangs head in shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Sarchasm wrote: »
    We have to pay 45 euro to hire our robes, 43 if prepay! Oooh two euro, how nice of you.

Its crazy, surely it would be more cost efficient if the B.A. graduands paid as there is mostly likely more of them than masters graduates- classes being smaller etc. Or maybe they think since we forked out around 5 grand we can afford to lose a bit more cash on a robe.

We didn't have to pay when I graduated last year. Its crazy, 45 euro for like 2 hours!

We paid for our robes this year for BA graduation, 45 euro as well.

moan: politics essay that i have no idea how to start even, panic panic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

Arctic89 wrote: »
    Moan 1: The fact that I have one half of my Credits for this semester being assessed on Monday(Im in final year).

Moan 2: The fact that I havent studied for said half credits

/Hangs head in shame.

Commerce? Not the only one. I've been stuck in library last 3 days though. Never want to hear the words "Ireland" and "Europe" in the same sentence again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Alyosha wrote: »
    Never want to hear the words "Ireland" and "Europe" in the same sentence again.
    And there, mein froindes, is the future of Irish/European commerce! Imagine a doctor saying "I never want to hear the words "ear", "nose" and "throat" in the same sentence again." :pac:

I've been so hung up on the Maths - see above - that I forgot last Friday's deadline for submission of lab reports in a different subject. I had already done all the work, just needed to write an abstract, polish it up and convert to PDF. That took an hour... today (Sunday). Now to find out how many points I'll lose as a result: could be all of them. :mad:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement