Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Bitch/Moan/Rant Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    Maybe just less prone to tinfoil hat conspiracy theories?

I dunno, thinking 9-11 was done by the government is crack-pot...thinking the security guards have some hand in bikes being stolen on campus is surely not? This theory went around based on the fact that the sheer number of bikes stolen on campus suggests something is afoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

scop wrote: »
    I dunno, thinking 9-11 was done by the government is crack-pot...thinking the security guards have some hand in bikes being stolen on campus is surely not? This theory went around based on the fact that the sheer number of bikes stolen on campus suggests something is afoot.

my yay of the day is; the conspiracy theory forum gives me the power, in 2 minutes of browsing, to ignore dozens of complete retards who would otherwise have caused me hours of boards woe...

my moan/bitch/rant is that the yay thread has fallen off the front page due to end-of-semester woes, and I'm not bothered finding it...

oh..and this 4000 word essay... I miss sleep. The extra week I got to do this was slightly disrupted by my other essay on Thursday and my working Friday and Saturday...

And by extra week I mean I didn't meet the deadline and am losing 2 grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Rancho wrote: »
    Ive had two bikes stolen in UCD, you'd think those scumbag security guards would do something about that rather than give students a hard time (and e50 fine) for having a a can waiting for the bus into town.. I mean F**k off!!! Between them they probably have more convictions than the entire student body!!:mad:

Moral of the story, don't break the law and drink in in a public area then. That makes you the scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Rancho wrote: »
    Ive had two bikes stolen in UCD, you'd think those scumbag security guards would do something about that rather than give students a hard time (and e50 fine) for having a a can waiting for the bus into town.. I mean F**k off!!! Between them they probably have more convictions than the entire student body!!:mad:

Are you saying that you got a 50euro fine or that you heard of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

bnt wrote: »
    I've been so hung up on the Maths - see above - that I forgot last Friday's deadline for submission of lab reports in a different subject.
    Is it possible to un-rant? Some folks had problems uploading lab reports via Blackboard, so the deadline has been pushed back. Phew!

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

SIS not working for anyone else?

All i get when I click on my records is 'SIS Student Web' at the top and the rest is a blank page:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

SRFC90 wrote: »
    SIS not working for anyone else?

All i get when I click on my records is 'SIS Student Web' at the top and the rest is a blank page:mad:

I'm not having any problems with it.

This was what you were trying to get into?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I'm not having any problems with it.

This was what you were trying to get into?

Yeah! Still ain't working for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

betafrog wrote: »
    Dancing Banana?

Long story. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭breadmond

I have an exam on saturday! what do they think we are animals? friday is anight of drunkenness and saturday is supposed to be a day of rest but now i have to rise at the ungodly hour of midday to study for a feckin electronics exam at 3:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

feckin hate it when people start a full blown conversation in the Library.

I dont mind people askin each other about coursework or exam stuff but some people take the bloody piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

breadmond wrote: »
    I have an exam on saturday! what do they think we are animals? friday is anight of drunkenness and saturday is supposed to be a day of rest but now i have to rise at the ungodly hour of midday to study for a feckin electronics exam at 3:mad:
    Where's that smilie with the tiny little violin, playing just for you..? It's Saturday morning, and I've been up since 6 preparing for a Maths exam at 9. If you have to get drunk every Friday and/or Saturday night, then yes, you are an animal. Woof! :pac:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

noisy azzholes outside glenomena at night during any time of the year is bad but when its exam time.....:mad:. Why do they have to shout so loud when people are trying to sleep or study? Feel especially sorry for those living on the ground floor. It's really disrespectful. Scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

You HAVE to drink EVERY Friday night, I would love to have your money!

Noon is an ungodly hour, I would hate to be the lecturer that you are supposed to have before 2pm.

You know your social life is supposed to be arranged around college not the other way around:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Going out on the weekend = too expensive

Haven't you heard of Euro saver monday's at 21s? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

that's why i feel sorry for laughing those people do their saturday exam at 9am,now.

freaking 9am exam yesterday.I HATE U UCD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

/me returns from an 18-month Boards hiatus

I hate how random jocks in Philosophy hoodies just randomly walk into the 2nd floor laptop area of the JJ library and shriek loudly at their mate - I mean, genuinly roaring - "hard lad!", before shouting (louder) "Sorry! Sorry!" to everyone around a few seconds later...

...and then run off, bellowing "What a feckin' idiot... What a muppet..." while jogging towards the Law section.

Incidentally, I also hate how after 5 years in UCD, my standard of main-continental-European-language is lesser than it was when I did the LC.

EDIT: He just left the floor, roaring a "Good luck now" to everyone here. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

dyl10 wrote: »
    Going out on the weekend = too expensive

Haven't you heard of Euro saver monday's at 21s? :eek:

Yes... and I personally would rather die

Lecturers that don't use microphones when in big theatre's, like the Economics guy. Couldn't hear a word he was saying, coupled with the fact that the back say...5 to 6 rows (where about 80% of people were sitting) are actually having full blown conversations with each other. One muppet in particular. Same in maths, felt sorry for the guy, he was actually a decent lecturer but everyone just made noise throughout. even more so in the last few weeks...when ya kinda need to listen most!!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Yes... and I personally would rather die
    Abit of an over reaction I take it.
    Lecturers that don't use microphones when in big theatre's

Couldn't agree more, not too bad in 3rd and 4th year when you move into smaller rooms but being in big theaters and the lecturer's not using a mic is ridiculous. Especially when the lecturer is really shy and nervous.
    even more so in the last few weeks...when ya kinda need to listen most!!
    You're meant to be listening from the start so you're not cramming a semesters worth of knowledge into the last few weeks.

Getting annoyed with people having full on conversations about how their exams went (people who finish in 1 hour) despite the rest of us still writing frantically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Shazbot wrote: »

Getting annoyed with people having full on conversations about how their exams went (people who finish in 1 hour) despite the rest of us still writing frantically.

You're given 3minutes time extra to make up for the noise they make on the way out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

You're given 3minutes time extra to make up for the noise they make on the way out

It's not the time that annoys me, it's the break in concentration it causes. When you're on a roll and then you hear all that noise it's infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

3 more bloody exams to go... all the toughies as well.

on the plus side my week ban has run its course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

9am exams! i was stuck in traffic, was late and didnt get to finish the exam!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 OmarChase

yeah i had the same problem!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Been a while since we had a comment here, whatever happened to all of the other threads? I did a search for this particular thread and there's about 3 other threads with the same title locked, what happened there?
    I hate the printers in UCD, they're expensive and ridiculous and you can't print on a single sheet with ease, the knobs have it double sided so you have to print each page individually if you want a single sheet job. Pain in the face, expensive crappy printers that nobody seems to know how they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

I hate the lack number 10s in the evenings...
    Who wants to bet they'll be brought back for the start of term and then taken away again after the first night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

El Siglo wrote: »
    I hate the printers in UCD, they're expensive and ridiculous and you can't print on a single sheet with ease, the knobs have it double sided so you have to print each page individually if you want a single sheet job. Pain in the face, expensive crappy printers that nobody seems to know how they work.

When you ctrl+p and the box pops up, click on properties. Under one of the tabs you can change settings from double-sided to one-sided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

El Siglo wrote: »
    Been a while since we had a comment here, whatever happened to all of the other threads? I did a search for this particular thread and there's about 3 other threads with the same title locked, what happened there?
    Or just use the USB printing by the photocopers in arts and science, cheaper and doesn't do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I hate that here I am coming towards late July and I still have no idea whether I have been accepted to the Masters that I applied for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

The fact that the whole place is a construction site at the moment and I have no idea why! OK some of it is for the new student centre, and some of it was to add about 5 new car parking spaces, but what's the rest of it about?

Advertisement