Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Bitch/Moan/Rant Thread.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Breezer wrote: »
    The fact that the whole place is a construction site at the moment and I have no idea why! OK some of it is for the new student centre, and some of it was to add about 5 new car parking spaces, but what's the rest of it about?
    Chemistry upgrade, Roebuck Res Phase 2, New place between conway & health science.. take your pick

http://www.ucd.ie/campusdevelopment/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

stop wrote: »
    Chemistry upgrade, Roebuck Res Phase 2, New place between conway & health science.. take your pick

http://www.ucd.ie/campusdevelopment/
    Why thank you! Now I feel happy and fulfilled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

betafrog wrote: »
    The fact that I can't walk anywhere on campus without a group of tweenage European kids eyeballing me while trying to look hard in front of their giggling girl mates. I thought I left that crap behind when I left secondary school.

The fact that when I mark something as being needed urgently I'm still waiting for a cheque to buy it nearly 2 weeks later.

The constant drilling in Daedalus building lately. It's driving me insane! :mad:

The whole kids eyeballing you thing never goes away, myself and my brother were in the cinema in portlaoise. Now I'm 20 and he's 24 with about 6 years of third level behind him, and yet there was a group of local knackers behind us (about 7 around the ages of 16-17), throwing popcorn at us and kicking our seats and making noise. Teenagers are are scum or the fúcking earth, regardless of what god forsaken shít hole they're from.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Hah! Sounds like what we mature students experience every day at UCD. "Who are those old farts in the lecture theatres? They must be deaf and retarded, since they go to every every lecture, and always sit at the front ..." :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I hate that here I am coming towards late July and I still have no idea whether I have been accepted to the Masters that I applied for.

Same boat as myself. It's getting quite annoying at this stage. What one did you apply for if you don't mind my asking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

I hate the way that no one seems to be able to navigate the UCD website, so must start a thread about the most simplest of questions. An example is that someone started a thread a few weeks ago about what time Elements opened at during the summer. All I had to do was go to google, type in 'UCD Elements opening hours summer' and there it was, first result. Probably easier to do than starting a fecking thread on boards about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

reviving a zombie thread u say?!i am in!:D

so eh,just wondering what time of the year which our undergrad people's convo held at?do ucd do a convo for each school/course?

currently busy with summer job and travelling but getting kinda nervous/exciting for the coming final year this sept!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

bnt wrote: »
    Hah! Sounds like what we mature students experience every day at UCD. "Who are those old farts in the lecture theatres? They must be deaf and retarded, since they go to every every lecture, and always sit at the front ..." :cool:

haha, im always just jealous of mature students' drive and motivation. I start with good intentions then if its raining or something i think "well, i can hardly be expected to walk to my lecture in that!". Drizzle can be fatal you know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I hate the way that no one seems to be able to navigate the UCD website, so must start a thread about the most simplest of questions. An example is that someone started a thread a few weeks ago about what time Elements opened at during the summer. All I had to do was go to google, type in 'UCD Elements opening hours summer' and there it was, first result. Probably easier to do than starting a fecking thread on boards about it.

i disagree. it takes me ages to find anything on the website :\

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

seraphimvc wrote: »
    reviving a zombie thread u say?!i am in!:D

"Zombie eat brain, but zombie cannot swallow this injustice!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Has anyone else found the "help" desk in UCD a complete joke and completely unhelpful?

Was in there this morning and witnessed first hand the convoluted system that is UCD admin...

First off, there was only one person on the desk and I had to wait ages for them to stop turning on ALL the computers before they eventually came over to one of the desks and called me over. Then, the person behind the desk couldn't understand what I was asking and I had problems understanding their accent. After eventually explaining what I wanted for the thrid time, he eventually says - so is not for you? I explained (again!!!) that I was there on behalf of my sister who was abroad. He then said that she needed to come in and ask for herself... I again said she was abroad and he goes 'ah, so is not in Ireland'. Finally.... Or so I thought.... And then I was asked could she not come back and ask herself.... Eh.... No.... She's not in Ireland, or Europe for that matter..... Eventually it sank in and he went to ask his more experienced colleague (who wasn't even working on help desk - too busy watching youtube!) who said it was fine and told him what to do. Four visits to his friend later he still hasn't managed to do the simple task... And I had to leave without him doing it asking me to come back when his more knowledgeable colleague would be on and they'd do it for me....

Seriously... what the f***? It's not rocket science, you don't need a degree in rocket science to work there. Just some command of the English language and a bit of cop on, oh, and half decent people skills.... Even a smile would go a long way....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

There's a help desk?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

There's a help desk?

It's the student help desk in the admin building, which, in my experience, is a help desk only in name...

Advertisement