Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for a God daughter (Help!)

Options
  • 16-10-2008 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I just recently became a god father and I am really stuck for ideas for what to get her. Any ides would be really appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Open savings account (you'll have to get her parents to do it) deposit cash, deposit cash at other birthdays or whatever after ?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

for my godaughters christening, i got her a blank charm bracelet. I also bought a silver charm to go on it with the plan that at every big event like starting school, big birthdays etc id buy her a charm for it.

her parents loved the idea. I bought the bracelet in a jewellers and the charm in kikenny design in naussu street

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

snowey07 wrote: »
    for my godaughters christening, i got her a blank charm bracelet. I also bought a silver charm to go on it with the plan that at every big event like starting school, big birthdays etc id buy her a charm for it.

her parents loved the idea. I bought the bracelet in a jewellers and the charm in kikenny design in naussu street

Thats a nice idea. My Godmother got me a little gold chain with a J on the pendant when I was born.
    I like the idea of a savings account, but does that mean for every birthday she doesnt get a present, just money into an account she cant touch? Doubt that will go down well when she's 4 or 5 years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Picture frame. The first present is really for the parents. They can put a christening picture in it and at least it gets some use for ever, and can eventually use it herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I didn't know what to get my goddaughter so I ended up getting her a few different things, I normally hate doing that, but I didn't want to go down the money/voucher route and nothing I thought of seemed 'big' enough on it's own. I got her a photo frame (always nice I think), money box (same make as the photo frame so I thought they would look nice on her nursery window) and a book where her parents could record all her milestones, with pages for photos and pockets for things like her hospital tag, first curl etc. I think jewelery can be nice, but not all parents like to put it on young babies. I love that charm bracelet idea though, I must keep that in mind for her first birthday or maybe even Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ooorla

The last christing I was at, the godfather gave a silver scroll holder to keep the baptismal certificate in. It was a nice one, as theres so many tack-tastic ones out there. Useful too.
    I think a really good idea is the gift of a good bottle of wine every year for the child ( keep it in an attic), then give them all to them on there 21st. Just don't be tempted to drink it yourself tho when drunk! You can ask in a good wine shop whats best to buy that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I like the charm bracelet idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whytie99

a building society or credit union gift card would be ideal to let the parents open the account but nobody does them yet. EBS have a new kiddie saver account you could check out though- they do some kind of giftwrap to make the whole thing seem more gifty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

I heard of someone who got his God daughter a pearl on every birthday and on her 18th birthday, had them made into a necklace. I think that has to be one of the most thoughtful things in the world.

Advertisement