Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else dreading next week?

Options
  • 16-10-2008 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I was just bumbling around the net, as you do, when I flicked onto Gamespot and I realised the amount of stuff being released next week. I did a double take when I saw some of the titles coming out.

Far Cry 2
    Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows
    The Guild 2: Venice
    Dead Space
    Blitz: The League 2
    Legendary
    Fable 2
    There's also Little Big Planet, but I think it looks like a pile of poo so I catch a break with that one. :P

How the hell am I meant to afford all of them in a recession? Bloody politicians never give a thought to how gamers are meant to survive, never mind the elderly.

And if that wasn't enough, the following week sees the release of

Fallout 3
    Aliens: Colonial Marines
    A Vampire Story (Don't judge me!, It looks good)
    Alan Wake
    Silent Hill: Homecoming
    Quantum Of Solace
    Wheelman
    F.E.A.R 2
    Ghostbusters
    Brutal Legend
    and Highlander

Please, for the love of god, someone tell me that Gamespot are taking the piss with these release dates? Either that, or this month went totally under the radar as the greatest month in gaming history since November '93. I was almost certain Highlander was cancelled and that Alan Wake was the new Duke Nuken Forever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

humanji wrote: »
    the following week sees the release of Alan Wake
    Wait, what? Surprise launch?

I think gaming-bone is broken...none of the games you listed interest me (except Alan Wake, maybe Fable and Fallout if I'm up for an RPG).

/questions gaming status :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh? Didn't this game disappear off the radar for a while? I certainly haven't seen any sign of movies or a plethora of screenshots :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Well, Ghostbusters won't be out for another year, if it ever sees the light of day at all. I fear most of what you list won't actually be all that great. I reckon the must buys will be Far Cry 2 and Fable 2. I have good hopes for Silent Hill: Homecoming but will wait for the reviews.
    I have a bad feeling that Fallout 3 will be quite bad and will spark off the first nerd riots of '08, which will be much talked about in years to come.

Edit: Pixelburp is right about Aliens: Colonial Marines according to EG so I took it out of the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Dunno bout the rest but FEAR 2 and Alan Wake are definitely for release in 2009.

Far Cry 2 is the only one that excites me, i'll just dl it as I game on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wait, what? Surprise launch?

I think gaming-bone is broken...none of the games you listed interest me (except Alan Wake, maybe Fable and Fallout if I'm up for an RPG).

/questions gaming status :(

*hug* There, there.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh? Didn't this game disappear off the radar for a while? I certainly haven't seen any sign of movies or a plethora of screenshots :confused:

Yeha, I honestly couldn't believe the dates that were being put out for some of the games. I've seen some shots, but they were model renders and I don't think there were any real screenshots. Very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I was just bumbling around the net, as you do, when I flicked onto Gamespot and I realised the amount of stuff being released next week. I did a double take when I saw some of the titles coming out.

Far Cry 2
    Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows
    The Guild 2: Venice
    Dead Space
    Blitz: The League 2
    Legendary
    Fable 2
    There's also Little Big Planet, but I think it looks like a pile of poo so I catch a break with that one. :P

How the hell am I meant to afford all of them in a recession? Bloody politicians never give a thought to how gamers are meant to survive, never mind the elderly.

Fallout 3
    Alan Wake
    Silent Hill: Homecoming
    Quantum Of Solace
    Wheelman
    F.E.A.R 2
    Ghostbusters
    Brutal Legend
    and Highlander

Please, for the love of god, someone tell me that Gamespot are taking the piss with these release dates? Either that, or this month went totally under the radar as the greatest month in gaming history since November '93. I was almost certain Highlander was cancelled and that Alan Wake was the new Duke Nuken Forever.

Nah, i'm cool. I have no intention of buying any of the games on that list.
    I pity the rest of you though.
    You poor bastards, and in a recession too.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Alan Wake???? WTF??!!?!?!!? OMGZ

it's not coming out this year, I'm almost sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

They also had Diablo III down as a November release, when in actual fact its probably a year or two away.

Damn Blizzard and their "It's ready when its ready"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    They also had Diablo III down as a November release, when in actual fact its probably a year or two away.

Damn Blizzard and their "It's ready when its ready"

Yes I demand more broken games instead of your usual polished masterpieces DAM YOU BLIZZARD DAM YOU ALL TO HELL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

And Left 4 Dead. Out Saturday I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

TomCo wrote: »
    And Left 4 Dead. Out Saturday I believe.

Thats not out till Nov 4th isnt it?

Cant wait for Far Cry 2 expecting alot from it hope it delivers

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

I think it's great!!! Can't wait...
    Far Cry 2, Dead Space, Fallout 3 and Fable 2 all definite purchases unless the reviewers slate any of them...

After that if something rates well I'll pick it up too. Been pinching the pennies of late so I can get as many as possible.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Web of Shadows is being released at a poor time. Normally, I pounce on Spidey games, but I really can't afford it and Fable 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Stev_o wrote: »
    Thats not out till Nov 4th isnt it?

Cant wait for Far Cry 2 expecting alot from it hope it delivers

November 17th, I forgot it was October :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

TomCo wrote: »
    November 17th, I forgot it was October :pac:

^^ Least theres a small gap then between the games.

Im playing World Of Goo to occupy me till next week pretty decent game i guess a nice charm to it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Im strangely tempted to buy it too :confused:

whats the word on ghostbusters? last i heard it was little more than a concept and now its being released?

ghostbusters was dropped by activision but taken up by someone else cant remember date though

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

excellent on activision dropping ghostbusters. considering 75% of ALL games released this christmas will be released through either EA or Activision. go little team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

:( I need a new rig first...wonder will I just acquire the pc versions and stockpile until I can play them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

kaimera wrote: »
    :( I need a new rig first...wonder will I just acquire the pc versions and stockpile until I can play them!

Why would you do that? When you eventually do go to play them they will probably be available for much less than what they were selling for brand new!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Why would you do that?

masochism?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Seeing a pile of brilliant games that he cant play will motivate him to save money and upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Its CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ahhhh they'll probably all end up being shíte
    </grumpy>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

will be working through my backlog of PC games for the next couple of weeks. Nothing in that list really interests me. Maybe Far Cry 2 but I'll wait and see what the review are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

LittleBigPlanet and maybe Fable2 for me.

Definitely will get Fable 2 and Far Cry later at least.. the end-of-year crush always leaves lots of games to catch up on in the lull of early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

whinging about too many games coming out?

here's a suggestion: DON'T BUY THEM.

Games aren't taken out of circulation after a week you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well lucky someone came along to suck the fun out of this thread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

No problem. I guess we can go ahead and close the thread now.

Dead Space followed by Fallout 3 for me btw......

Advertisement