Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor prepay problems - calls cutting off

• 16-10-2008 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Meteor prepay SIM. I've been having some troubles in Dublin with it this evening.

People ringing me, me ringing people, doesn't matter. Calls drop randomly and I get the "bee beep bee" looping sound.

Both times the other person was on Meteor too. Anyone else having the same problem?

Not bothered enough to ring customer care yet .. it's not bothering me too much .. or enough .. yet ..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ciscokidder

eircom isp is in big doo doo tonight since 5pm so probably related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I don't think it's just meteor, heard there were some attacks today....not sure what kind but things have been funny with email, phones, websites etc since this afternoon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I don't think it's just meteor, heard there were some attacks today....not sure what kind but things have been funny with email, phones, websites etc since this afternoon....
    Where did you hear about these "attacks"? What do you mean by it?

Random wrote: »
    Where did you hear about these "attacks"? What do you mean by it?

I don't know, I called my hosting company to see what was going on with my email and they said they've been under attack all day, My phone has been doing the beep beep thing and i've been patched through to wrong people....someting funny is going on today, it'll probably be fine tomorrow...I hope

I don't know, I called my hosting company to see what was going on with my email and they said they've been under attack all day, My phone has been doing the beep beep thing and i've been patched through to wrong people....someting funny is going on today, it'll probably be fine tomorrow...I hope
    Your 3 phone? Was it calling all networks? Just calls to Meteor? 3? What?

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    Your 3 phone? Was it calling all networks? Just calls to Meteor? 3? What?

Yip, it was not calling out, dropping calls, getting through to the wrong people....whole heap of problems today...it could be just one big coincedence but my email still ain't working and that's nothing got to do with 3 or any phone company....
    Just with the op saying eircom isp was in trouble it got me thinking there was some kind of cyber attack today....

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Messed Up Mind

I got a phone call last night from Meteor at about midnight (do they actually call you at midnight or was it a hoax? not too sure) asking me if I was having problems with the network. I told them that my signal has been really weak for the past 2 days and my calls were being dropped or texts weren't sending. She said that I was the 6th person that she rang and the 6th person to say so. She also asked me if I was on the free calls/texts offer to other meteor customers and some other general questions. I thought it was a bit of an odd call to be receiving at midnight and she said she'd top me up by 20e within the hour, I just had to knock off my phone for 20 minutes, which I did and didn't get topped up with credit. Anyway, it's not an isolated case so it seems. Try ringing their customer care and see what the story is if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

I'm getting the exact same issue, calls just randomly cutting off which involves both parties calling each other back asking "why'd you hang up on me". I rang Meteor Customer Care a minute ago and she said they weren't aware of any issues but that she'll pass on the details to Tech Support.

She also asked me to remove my SIM and battery for 15 minutes... I have an iPhone so I will need a paperclip, a plastic pry, a flathead screwdriver, a small philips screwdriver, a soldering iron, solder and maybe a current tester :)

Username! wrote: »
    She also asked me to remove my SIM and battery for 15 minutes...

does this sound familiar to anyone else? i've seen this problem before...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Messed Up Mind

doesn't sound familiar, nope... what was that all about then?

• Advertisement

doesn't sound familiar, nope... what was that all about then?

3 used to have this problem. I'm wondering has it anything to do with the roll out of 3g, cud be anything I'm just guessing...

Hasn't been happening me since the evening I posted anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Got a couple of calls over the last 24 hrs to a 3 SIM I've only ever used for data - maybe just a coincidence.
    Any more detail on the attacks ? Was it injuns ?

Advertisement