Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For all the Scottie Fans - will you look at that???

Options
  • 16-10-2008 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

... only three days after his leg amputation Scottie is up and about!!

p909413.jpg

Having a good sniff around and he can already pee and poo without falling over!

p909414.jpg

And...

...and...

he can RUN!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Go Scottie!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Just wondering was there a reason they left a stump instead of removing it from the joint, most vets will remove it at the joint to make it easier for the dog as a stomp can make them feel like they can still walk on it and cause them to all over.

Well done for having him looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I'm buying you a more manly collar. That pink one is turning up to many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I think a nice tartan collar will suit him :) match up with his name.

He looks great, must have been a bit of a shock for the poor boy, thank god it was caught in time.

Well done Sarah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I actually prefer it that way. The stump gives him a wee bit more balance (as you can see in one pic above, he is already using it for balance) and the wound is much smaller than it would have been at the shoulder. He was well used to walking on three legs before the amputation as well.

As to the PINK collar: I don't understand what the big issue is :D. I think it actually suits him but since it has been a part of the foster contract that Helena can remove it *PMSL* I will have no other choice than to desist to peer pressure and take it off before Helena collects him :o

• Advertisement

EGAR wrote: »

As to the PINK collar: I don't understand what the big issue is :D. I think it actually suits him but since it has been a part of the foster contract that Helena can remove it *PMSL* I will have no other choice than to desist to peer pressure and take it off before Helena collects him :o
    Yep, it must come off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

I only saw this thread today and I am so glad Scottie is doing so well!! I live in Dublin and often see a brown 3-legged dog around Dun Laoghaire in the morning. It is just amazing how brave our animal friends are!

I lost a rabbit on Jun 1st this yr. He had 1 of his legs amputated too... he fought bravely on for 6weeks but I guessed it got too much for him in the end... I still miss him so much.

Go Scottie!! He is so adorable and so brave!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

So glad to see he is doing well! What a great dog.

NibNib wrote: »
    I only saw this thread today and I am so glad Scottie is doing so well!! I live in Dublin and often see a brown 3-legged dog around Dun Laoghaire in the morning. It is just amazing how brave our animal friends are!

I lost a rabbit on Jun 1st this yr. He had 1 of his legs amputated too... he fought bravely on for 6weeks but I guessed it got too much for him in the end... I still miss him so much.

Go Scottie!! He is so adorable and so brave!! :)
    Aw I'm sorry to hear about your rabbit.

How's scottie today EGAR?

Sarah,

How is scottie doing now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I've sms'd you at least 2 weeks ago, Helena :p. He's in foster with strong view to adopt with one of the vet nurses. She fell in love with him :D but then again, who wouldn't :P.

Thats lovely to hear.

EDIT: SMS must have gotten lost along the way as I never recieved it, I would have definately remembered as I was dying for some news on him. :)

Advertisement