Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is eircom bad for anyone else tonight

Options
  • 16-10-2008 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Support a few devices on eircom network all over ireland and tonight since before tea time routing to them is all over town. Anyone else having issues with eircom broadband ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

no problems here in culchie land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ciscokidder

Might just be my subnet then. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Lots of problems here, check my Drogheda/Meath thread. Also problems in Sligo as I've been trying to check if other are having problems on the lotro forums.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314707&page=2

cheers - my device in sligo is as bad as the rest of them

I have 50 devices all around ireland and all are dropping pings and losing traces. bt and ntl are ok but form these networks I cant get to the eircom devices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

yup, I have a 3mb line but most nights for the last 2 weeks I have only been able to get 150kb/s download speed. Mornings and afternoons are generally ok.

Really starting to get sick of this inconsistency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I have been able to connect to my usenet account's server. when i ping 50% packet loss. Started since monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I'm in Dundalk, Co. Louth and my speeds on 3MB have dropped and pings are up. Average ping for me to boards.ie was 10 - 15ms, now my average is 140 - 160ms

340080651.png

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Yep having trouble loading some sites tonight although it was fine earlier today, just upgraded to 7MB package today thought it was that. I'm in Dublin BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Few friends are getting terrible pings all evening!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Knob

Co. Wexford

Lots of time outs since about 6pm onwards.

oisin wrote: »
    Yep having trouble loading some sites tonight although it was fine earlier today, just upgraded to 7MB package today thought it was that. I'm in Dublin BTW.

The 7mb upgrades are causing havoc. Make sure you reboot the netopia a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Knob wrote: »
    Co. Wexford

Lots of time outs since about 6pm onwards.

Yep, very inconsistent service in the evening in wex

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cbr954

Eircom is sh*te tonight! a 7mb connection and I'm getting 900kb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ivelostthewill

disconnecting every minute here in donneycarney feckin annoying so it is :mad:

Can anyone explain what teh hell is going on with eircom. I'm on the rathmines exchange and for the last few weeks I have been getting chronic download speeds on my 3mb line. tonight is the worst so far - 85kb/s (as opposed to circa 340kb/s)

It only seems to happen in the evening and early night. Weekends are fine.
    I never had a moments hassle when I was on the 2mb package. since the upgrade things have been very unstable and inconsistent.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could try help explain what is going (aside from eircom being sh1te)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Probably good weekdays and crap evenings and weekends because Eircom real name ErrorCom won't hassle their business customers with downtime. Maintenance, Upgrades etc done on our time.

hitbit

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Can anyone explain what teh hell is going on with eircom. I'm on the rathmines exchange and for the last few weeks I have been getting chronic download speeds on my 3mb line. tonight is the worst so far - 85kb/s (as opposed to circa 340kb/s)

I never had a moments hassle when I was on the 2mb package. since the upgrade things have been very unstable and inconsistent.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could try help explain what is going (aside from eircom being sh1te)

Have you checked your line stats since the upgrade?

I'm with BT on 3MB connection and for near a week now from 5pm till about 1 - 3am speeds just die and pings are 140ms +.

I'm getting really fed up at this stage with Eircom's messing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 molc

In the same boat on the Pelletstown exchange. BT are meant to be chasing it with Eircom but I've not heard a peep. The packet loss and timeouts are really annoying. When will this all get sorted out :/

• Advertisement

molc wrote: »
    In the same boat on the Pelletstown exchange. BT are meant to be chasing it with Eircom but I've not heard a peep. The packet loss and timeouts are really annoying. When will this all get sorted out :/
    I'd say BT are wishing they had their own lines here at this stage now, I don't know what Eircom are at (come to think of it they probably don't know themselves)

I've been onto Comreg and they don't want to know, I've tried Eircom a few times and all I get is "we're not aware of any problems at our end it must be a BT issue" :rolleyes:

Eircom engineers have just rolled up outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Exact same problem with me here in Limerick I posted a topic on the BB page about it..

dub45 wrote: »
    Have you checked your line stats since the upgrade?

n00b question...how do i do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

I'm not too well up on the tech / speed side and would welcome comments from those who are. I am currently using UTV as my service provider 3 Meg but wondering how Eircom Errorcom compares as they seem to be cheaper AT THE MOMENT.
    I have just run a Blacknight Speedtest which details my service as follows,
    Download Speed 5763 kbps socket test
    Upload Speed 571 kbps socket test
    Quality of Service 81%
    Maximum Delay 83 ms
    Round Trip Time 45 ms
    Upstream Jitter 0.3 ms
    Upstream Packet Loss 0%
    Upstream Packet Order 100%
    Upstream Discards 0%

hitbit

Advertisement