Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

double eagle ump

Options
  • 16-10-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

i was thinking of getting the double eagle ump. is this a good gun or what?

if i was going to get it what upgrades would i get???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dara95 wrote: »

A good gun it is:D

Everyone has the V2 UMP now. The V1 I use a 9.6 in but the V2 will burn out on a 9.6. Nonetheless it has the same rate of fire as the V1 on 9.6V.

Get an extra mag and some sort of dot site. I use an ACOG.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

whats the difference? ive not seen any difference between the UMPs from bout a year ago to the ones in sale today?

vtec wrote: »
    whats the difference? ive not seen any difference between the UMPs from bout a year ago to the ones in sale today?
    • Finish
    • Flashider can be removed(allen on top)
    • Motor will burn out with a 9.6V[Possibly, only know of one case so far(Simons new one)]
    • ROF is higher on 8.4V[Equivelant of 9.6 on the V1]

Its not, there exactly the same, since as far as a year or so the UMP flash hider could be removed with the little allen key. The motors are still the same ACM one and ive seen 2-3 of them fail in the last 8ish months. The gearbox is identical too. its not the best looking gearbox though, id stick a JG one in instead.,

Its not, there exactly the same, since as far as a year or so the UMP flash hider could be removed with the little allen key. The motors are still the same ACM one and ive seen 2-3 of them fail in the last 8ish months. The gearbox is identical too. its not the best looking gearbox though, id stick a JG one in instead.,

Maybe the first batch were different, I got one of the first 3 tony got in back in the days of the old HRTA.

Min is definitely DE too, very clearly moulded into the side. Also, though the pics were never updated, see here: http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=279
    "DE M89 UMP 2nd version "

And
    Apparently this is a Version 2 (yes there's a Version 1, but i'm not a "Tech-Head" am i, so i couldn't tell you the difference... )
    From here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/771/sort/2/cat/all/page/1

Kinda looks like the evidence is behind me on this one, for once.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt call that creditble simon, when the guy who wrote it says
    "Build quality is on a par with the G&G version".

and the above snip from arnies, hes talking aboutthe G&G version in that part.,
    Apparently this is a Version 2 (yes there's a Version 1, but i'm not a "Tech-Head" am i, so i couldn't tell you the difference... ) of the G&G UMG SMG.

About the DE UMP, its not a gorgous or a fantastically built aeg and could do with some upgrades but ive atually seen very few of them in for repair. there was a time when i was gonna get one myself but im not a fan of the limited battery space and the huge hicap magazines.

this is pretty much all you need to turn it into a fine piece of kit..,
    • EG1000 TM motor/G&P M120 motor (bout 30quid)
    • 7mm bearings (10-15quid)
    • decent gears (from cheap to stupidly expencive)
    • silicone hopup (10-15squid)
    • Good quality battery (20quid-ish)
    • Tightbore Barrel,

With everything in the list above the gun will far out perform its previous state and should be a hell of a lot more reliable.

this is pretty much all you need to turn it into a fine piece of kit..,
    • EG1000 TM motor/G&P M120 motor (bout 30quid)
    • 7mm bearings (10-15quid)
    • decent gears (from cheap to stupidly expencive)
    • silicone hopup (10-15squid)
    • Good quality battery (20quid-ish)
    • Tightbore Barrel,

With everything in the list above the gun will far out perform its previous state and should be a hell of a lot more reliable.

As Richie loves to poin out, he really is the gearbox king. I'm far from it but I have a few comments, as I do own the gun for quite some time.

Motor, go for it, dont like the smell I sometimes get.
    Bearings, if you really want more ROF, mines gone through countless shots and the gearbox shows no wear and tear.
    Gears, see above.
    Hop, yeah, maybe. And you can get them for 12 USD, so 8 quid:)
    Battery, MUST, the one that acompanies the gun is sh1te.
    Tight bore: This is an intersting one...I cant measure the diameter but I've found it surprisingly accurate for a 10cm barrel. I'd suggest clean it, break in the hop unit, then see if you really need the TBB. I doubt you'd get much of an improvement.

Other note: Foregrips, cost a fiver, nice and comfy:)

BTW: Airsoft GI agree with me too: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2412

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

I have the DE UMP and its the worst performing of all my clones out of the box.
    The rate of fire is pathetic and the supplied batterys life is very short.
    The one I have started to double feed in semi-auto on the day I got it, which is very annoying. If you really must get a UMP go for the G&G one, unless you are willing to spend the extra money and time upgrading the Double Eagle one. For your first aeg I reccommend the jing gong g36c, its the best of all my clones out of the box.

Reccommended upgrades for the DE UMP below:

1. 9.6v firefox battery, requires that you remove the door, but only takes two mins.
    2. Re-grease and re-shim the gearbox, mine was very badly done.
    3. Buy 7mm steel bearing bushings
    4. TM EG1000 that vtec mentioned.
    4. Guarder hop-up rubber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Beano7

my friend was using one 2day up at HRTA and it died twice,id say get a larger battery and velcrow it to the side of the gun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

my friend was using one 2day up at HRTA and it died twice,id say get a larger battery and velcrow it to the side of the gun

what make of battery was he using? not as if changing battery's is hard with the ump :)

• Advertisement

standard mini 8.4v battery i think

Puding wrote: »
    what make of battery was he using? not as if changing battery's is hard with the ump :)

you can remove the seal for the battery and stick a bigger batt in i heard

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey1666

hmm i got a new battery for mine and it was working grand. Single shot is perfect but the auto only does 3 shot bursts, im looking to upgrade it and fix it but i havent got a clue. I have at least 100 euro To turn it into a realiable and usable aeg if anyone can help me. Can all parts needed be gotten in eirsoft ? Thanks guys.

Advertisement