Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How do I check if I'm still an owner of a car??

Options
  • 16-10-2008 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hello,

I'm over in Vancouver for the last year and got a fella I know to sell my car when I left. However the father is after contacting me saying that a letter has come in the door for me not paying the toll on the M50 on Oct 6th. MY car has been sold since April.

I was wondering how do I find out or who do I ring to see if I'm still down as owner of the car and if the lads didn't send in the logbook for me? I can't get through to the lad who sold it for me at the mo.

Cheers
    Conor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭L1011

VRO Shannon

061 365 000 would be best for you being outside the country. Just mash the keypad to get through to a human as most of the menu options deliberately dump you off the system!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭10-10-20

With this new M50 thing, There are going to be a whole bunch of people realising that cars they think they sold in the past are still alive and registered in their names...!

It hapened us with a 316i. It had been sold for 1yr, but the details of the transaction were messed up by the receiving salesman and we got a notification from the Gardai for unpaid parking fines.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Did you post the VLC to the DOE in Shannon, with the change of ownership section filled in by you and the new owner, when you originally sold the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,321 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Eh....the OP said "I'm over in Vancouver for the last year and got a fella I know to sell my car when I left."

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

esel wrote: »
    Eh....the OP said "I'm over in Vancouver for the last year and got a fella I know to sell my car when I left."

So for all we know the fella didn't send the VLC off to Shannon when he sold the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭10-10-20

bazz26 wrote: »
    Did you post the VLC to the DOE in Shannon, with the change of ownership section filled in by you and the new owner, when you originally sold the car?

I personally didn't.
    The garage in question took the VLC, forged the signature and messed up the address...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dj shaft

MYOB wrote: »
    VRO Shannon

061 365 000 would be best for you being outside the country. Just mash the keypad to get through to a human as most of the menu options deliberately dump you off the system!

Thanks for that! Must wake up earlier to get through to them as they have limited hours for answering the phone!!

Advertisement