Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 16-10-2008 9:56pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know everyone is talking about their online but anyone who has a game tonigh can you post your verdicts here I'll let people know if I can get a game after work

I'll throw up a little poll

Does Online Work in PES 09? OMG! 24 votes

PS3 - Yes
    0%
    PS3 - No
    37%
    VendettacarlowboyOtaconsaltieSuper Sidiouss_carnageLahinchiansILoveSpudsPeadar_Rua 9 votes
    360 - Yes
    12%
    PhoolebrophsMmcd 3 votes
    360 - No
    50%
    Chongoklaevad_lhorgGrudlethetealDearg81armour87bombjack2chavezychavezNedved85ImJohnPikeman 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

360 - No
    i've played one game online and it worked. it wasnt perfect but it worked. only 2 instances of disappearing/reappearing player glitch in the game. this is a serious improvement but is it acceptable? especially as its only pre release day and the main bulk of activity will begin tomorrow. i'm not holding out much hope. . .ah it'll still be good for the auld in house drunken sessions

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

hmm that doesn't sound good - fifa if not else has made it unacceptable there is no excuse.

i'll reserve judgement until I've played it myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

360 - No
    the online works. it works better than any other pes has on launch day. Pes 6 suffered terribly at the start until they patched it. this isnt too bad at all but you can see it is not 100% smooth. a patch should fix that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    the online works. it works better than any other pes has on launch day. Pes 6 suffered terribly at the start until they patched it. this isnt too bad at all but you can see it is not 100% smooth. a patch should fix that!

It's bloody stupid that a game needs a patch so soon after launch (4 seconds by my watch!)

Bad Konami!

Lazy fecking ass-wipes they are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

It's bloody stupid that a game needs a patch so soon after launch (4 seconds by my watch!)

Bad Konami!

Lazy fecking ass-wipes they are!

A patch should fix what?! They still havent fixed the bleeding lag on PES 2008!! What makes you think they'll be able to, or even bother fix it this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

360 - No
    here how about you just piss off and play your fifa or stick it somewhere. every word you type is negative. you dont like it. we understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    here how about you just piss off and play your fifa or stick it somewhere. every word you type is negative. you dont like it. we understand.

He is entitled to his comments if there is lag online then the game is a failure full stop. The majority of people will want a lag free online footie game and if only fifa can offer that then more people will switch this year again.

So just to get this straight transfers are out of date and their is still lag ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Does the OP know that PES is out on the PC this year .....like every other year :) That option seems to be missing from the poll even though most of the people that would play it probably do it on PC :) Not sure if PSP can be done online or not :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

When I tried to go online last night there was a pop-up to say that Online mode would only really be enabled from 17-October. So I would probably cut them some slack, as maybe this will improve after the 'official' release date?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Berns wrote: »
    even though most of the people that would play it probably do it on PC :)

I should of added it but that part of your comment is so incredibly wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

I tied playing it night on the 360 and everytime I played the lag was so bad that I lost the connection. Prior to that it was fine.

Does bandwidth have an affect?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

PS3 - No
    I was playing it yesterday for the first time online and experienced no problems whatsoever. I only played two games to be fair but still both were perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

360 - No
    Ive had one game so far and it was perfect (360). I've tried search once or twice since but couldn't even get a game. I beat the guy 6-1 and he quit after 60/70 mins. Didnt get my achievement then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Got Pro Evo yesterday and 1st thing I did was play online. Not great still some lag and teleporting. I have a fast connection so don't know if it was other guys connection. I did notice the traffic light symbols instead of the numbers last year which indicated connection strength. Mine was yellow and his was red, which probably explains the lag. I hope Konami fix this soon.
    One other point about the online, why did Konami not bring back the tournaments like in PES 2006. Anyone else agree with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

360 - No
    What would be the point in arranging tournaments etc if half the time the game is inplayable?

By the way, when had a game my connection was green and the other lads was alternation from red, yellow and green.

Does the game use hosts or servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I've played around ten matches online now with no issue whatsoever. Does anyone ever think it might be their own connection?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    I've played around ten matches online now with no issue whatsoever. Does anyone ever think it might be their own connection?!

Of course not.
    They have this funky wireless connection, shared with every single soul in the block who are downloading their arses off.
    If only people got rid of their wireless crap when gaming on line. Some games might not do too bad with a wireless connection but with a game like PES, that is always moving, please use cables.

Even pes 2008 was pretty good to play on line as long as you had 2 people with a decent connection.

But to be honest, i didnt buy pes 2009 yet, just wanted to wait and see what people think about the on line play.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

One other point about the online, why did Konami not bring back the tournaments like in PES 2006. Anyone else agree with this?

Tournaments were a good idea in theory.
    In reality they were a joke with too many cheaters.

Private tournaments would perhaps be a nice idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Played online last night.... and it was woeful altogether. To be fair, my own connection was only yellow... and his was red. But it was completely unplayable. Not quite as bad as 2008, but almost there.
    Not sure what was wrong with my connection, it's been poor on all fronts for a few days..... but it is a wired connection.
    I wont judge just yet, and wait to see a game with green vs green before I do..... although, not many greens out there last night!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Pes 09 online for ps3 is poor. If your thinking of getting this game for online only then dont! If however u want to play it offline with ur friends or want to play against the AI then buy it, its a good game offline, just online is poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I bought Pes last night, went online and one of the lobbys crashed on me... i don't know how or why but i couldn't go back and i couldn't call the dashboard. Restarted it, and after a bit of fiddling around i found someone to play.

The game lagged alot, he scored after one of his players just appeared in my box out of no where? Happened a few times. Everything seeemed slow, even the celebration scenes.. like it was running on a pc that wasn't quite up to scratch. It's not my connection because im on a 10meg down 1meg up.

So i did something ive never done before, i swapped it for Fifa09 (an hour and a half after i bought it). And i have to say, everything about Fifa is so much better. Its taking time to get used to but everything is so much smoother.. the game looks better, it plays better (online was perfect, no lag at all, no slow down or glitches). The celebration scenes ran perfectly and didn't cause any slowdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Also, i don't know if anyone else had this problem on an Xbox 360. When i was playing Pes every say 10 seconds i'd get a line of static gradually move down the screen. Like my tv wasn't tuned in properly. Looked like vertical sync was turned off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

i'll be switching to fifa this year so...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

PS3 - No
    I haven't noticed any lag on my end.

Only thing that annoys me about the online mode in PES 09 is the odd need of Konami to use that stupid GAME ID system. FAIL imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Some games have been fine, others not so good. Its a mixed bag so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭OpenEnded

havnt tried online yet. does it count as a loss count a loss on your oppenents record if they're an a$$ who disconnects near a defeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

PS3 - No
    OpenEnded wrote: »
    havnt tried online yet. does it count as a loss count a loss on your oppenents record if they're an a$$ who disconnects near a defeat?

Think so but you only receive a default win which is very crappy if your up by a good few goals and they quit in injury time. I'm not bitter, no!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Dr. Loon wrote: »

Its not an internet connection problem, it is perferct with FIFA 09 as much as it pains me top say that. More than likely problems with the Konami servers not being able to handle the load. You would have thought that Konami would have been prepared for this especially after the PES 2008 debacle.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

360 - No
    I played online last night for the first time. The lag wasn't too bad and there were only one or two instances of players porting or just plain disappearing but what got to me was the loading time every time the ball went out of play. Seemed like it took 5-6 seconds to load up for a goal kick, throw in or corner kick.

I've also played Fifa online quite a bit and have had no issues (apart from one game where there was a slight lag).

I wish Konami could do a proper online code, EA have been doing it for years and surely Konami must realise that this is now a major part of every release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ourlad

Otacon wrote: »
    I haven't noticed any lag on my end.

Only thing that annoys me about the online mode in PES 09 is the odd need of Konami to use that stupid GAME ID system. FAIL imo.

I agree with that, its a joke setting it up you should just be able to jump straight in.

Advertisement