Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else turning into a fat mess?

Options
  • 16-10-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if it's 6th year doing this to me or what but I am frickin STARVING all the time, it's not like study is particularly tiring or anything or requires massive ammounts of energy, just mental energy, which does not requiremassive feeds every few hours.

Will anyone else be joining me rolling into the exam hall next June?
    Tagged:

Comments

It's funny, I'm finding the exact opposite this year. I'm rarely hungry!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

i love the term fat mess , people always slate me for using it but it adds lightness and sounds nicer than just plain fat

I got to the gym so i can afford to pig out

*SCOFFS PACKET OF BUTTER* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The brain uses a fifth of your daily calorie intake, if you start braining more often its going to need more food, and generally likes the sugary stuff (from what I can tell).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

My eyes just burn and are blood shot tis quite awful ill be blind by the time June comes around and my god the tiredness i experince and *insert extra moaning things here*

Mid term shall be a relief

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Braining...uses...calories?

Suddenly I dont feel so bad for quitting the gym :)

Gonna think my way skinny now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I was thinking the same. After dinner I'm usually hungry now. I really miss the gym :(

You can think your way thin? Certainly explains Jade Goodie's formidable size; doesn't explain Paris Hiltons.

Yah I know that was the worst joke ever, but I don't care!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Piste wrote: »
    Braining...uses...calories?

Suddenly I dont feel so bad for quitting the gym :)

Gonna think my way skinny now.

That would be nobel prize winning braining needed to think yourself skinny, you shouldn't have quit the gym you need distractions. I did better in the exams in second semester in final year when I took more breaks and didn't focus on studying every waking minute like I did in the first semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

oh lord yes!

im eating more now then ever and i was always a piggy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Its more because i have really irregular meals now, and night of evening study, i just eat crap/not the correct foods, eg for dinner, i had a sandwich from tesco :pac:

Was fúckin delish though*

However tesco stuffing leaves the most hideous after taste probably possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Oh Piste, you were always a fat mess.

I found myself going "I'm in LC, I TOTALLY deserve this extra pie."

(Though 2 weeks in America put more weight on me than the entirety of 6th year. What does that tell you.)

And still last time I saw you there wasn't a pick on you ;_;

As I type this I'm greasing up my keyboard with the oil from my sister's leftover chips :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I don't know if it's 6th year doing this to me or what but I am frickin STARVING all the time, it's not like study is particularly tiring or anything or requires massive ammounts of energy, just mental energy, which does not requiremassive feeds every few hours.

Will anyone else be joining me rolling into the exam hall next June?

i gained a stone during my leaving this year.........still havent lost it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Eat nuts or Jaffa Cakes.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Thank Yahweh it isn't just me! I've already gone up a size just from snacking during homework. I don't even realise that I'm doing it, then I look down and the entirre bag of nachos is gone. :(

Right, I'm giving up thinking. Maybe this is why the debs is in September? 3 months of brainless nothingness really burns off the pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

And still last time I saw you there wasn't a pick on you ;_;
    All the fat goes to my arteries.

*wheezes at sight of staircase*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 russelljames

God other people feel the same. Yeah im hungrier than ever now, and its really getting annoying, mainly cos your not sitting down for like 6 hours a day in school, and eating. Then by the end of the day I'm far too tired to excercise it off :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I treat myself with a large size Ben and Jerrys' (Chocolate brownie fudge flavour) on a friday night :D

Oh and I bought Season 1 of the 'Wire' today. Best decision I've ever made. Best tv show ever made.

Now what about that English essay I have to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I don't even have the excuse of being hungrier, I'm just eating more! Haven't put anything on yet though, how strange....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm probably eating less now. I'm afraid I might be slightly growing out of junk food.

OH SH-

Though I found it quite interesting that the scale brings me up by 3.18kg wearing my school pants and jumper.

There's another reason school makes you tired. The weight of the uniforms!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 molly_dolly

Ah M&S chocolate chip cookies....my weakness, it's great to get five (you basically buy four and get the fifth free) and munch away while studying. I sound like such a fatty! Ah sure, whatever! It's really weird but there haven't been any in the baskets for the past week, when I've gone in looking...maybe they're trying to say something...

must.get.cookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Spent most of today lying in bed with the boyfriend eating chocolate and chips ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I find gigs to be my new form of exercise :)
    (I would say which ones, but ya know, rules are rules, but i can hint by saying the days-Today and Wednesday)

Thats like 3 1/2 hours of exercise this week :D*

That said drinking beforehand today, takes away any possible benifit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Up three pounds :( ugh....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

oh hell yeah,
    but i think carrying the ridiculous weight that is my school bag is helping that... i really must weight it some day! i'm going to be crippled by the end of the year!

Spent most of today lying in bed with the boyfriend eating chocolate and chips ;_;
    Is it it wrong that I got slightly turned on by that? ;)

southpark.jpg

Me, but in bed.

Then you're gay? :D

• Advertisement

What? No I'm a girl, I just look like that :(

Advertisement