Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vets in Cork

Options
  • 16-10-2008 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good, good value vet in or around Cork? I rang around this morning and was quoted prices from €90 to €45 for having a male cat neutered. Its worth shopping around it seems...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Isthisnecessary

There was a scheme whereby u could get it done for €25 if you're on a Social Welfare payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

happyday wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good, good value vet in or around Cork? I rang around this morning and was quoted prices from €90 to €45 for having a male cat neutered. Its worth shopping around it seems...
    I go to sunbeam in blackpool. Not sure how much they charge for neutering though! I signed up for their one off fee of 120 per yr that covers all worming ,flea, machinations and 2 check ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

It's worthwhile remembering that just because you find somewhere cheap doesn't mean they'l be as good as other places. Cheap might mean they're skimping on medication/anesthetic...

We got our guy done in the Gillabbey Veterinary Clinic. They were really nice and he was well looked after. I can't remember exactly but I think it was around the €80 mark. It was definitely under €100 anyway.

I've heard good things about the Sunbeam in Blackpool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

There was a scheme whereby u could get it done for €25 if you're on a Social Welfare payment.
    Thanks 'isthisnecessary' but that was a very old post. That poor kitty is dead and gone now. Knocked down by a car. He was deaf as a post.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

bah. thread necromancy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement