Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamerscore Challenge

• 16-10-2008 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭

For all you achievement whores out there, I just set up a gamerscore challenge on 360voice, gonna kick it off tomorrow or saturday, so any and all are welcome.

Just a bit of craic, see who will get the most...

http://www.360voice.com/join/46UCH693

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

and you said you were giving up on boosting your score lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Lenny wrote: »
    and you said you were giving up on boosting your score lol

when did i ever say that??

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Louisburgh lass

Thats me all signed up and ready to go!!!
    only 2 more needed come on people ive got some ass whoopin to do!!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

How does it work?

you have to set up an account on the site if you haven't one already..

Then just join a challenge, and for the duration of it, just play your xbox, getting achivement points, and that site tracks each person in it, displaying a line graph and an update each on everyones progress...and the person with the most achivements gained wins...(No real prizes)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Louisburgh lass

No real prizes.. have ya seen ckwports gamerscore just think of the satisfaction u'd have after gaining more gamerscore points than him!!
    :P:P
    Its all just a bit of fun really:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

i'll give it a go for the craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

dont get to play games properly enough for this to be worthwhile :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Signed up there but my Gamescore is pretty poor. Still always good to have a challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Is this not kinds crap. Do you have to play certain games or anyones you like?

If you can play any game you could just rent out some crap games that are easy to get points on and it wouldn't be too much of a challenge.

• Advertisement

Keith186 wrote: »
    Is this not kinds crap. Do you have to play certain games or anyones you like?

If you can play any game you could just rent out some crap games that are easy to get points on and it wouldn't be too much of a challenge.

ya, some one could do that! Hopefully not though, but there are no rules...Anyways, there are a few in it now, but i will leave it open till tonight in case anymore join it, so start playing from tomorrow.

Signed up too! should be a laugh... quick everyone, go and rent the Avatar game! :)

Signed up too! should be a laugh... quick everyone, go and rent the Avatar game! :)

Its a badge of honour (supposedly) to not have played Avatar....it shows it on your 360Voice profile 'Played Avatar = No'...

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Its a badge of honour (supposedly) to not have played Avatar....it shows it on your 360Voice profile 'Played Avatar = No'...

Ha! i saw that alright! I wouldn't bother myself cos it looks sh1te anyway. :)

40,000+ points you have!!! Mental...

There cant be many games left for you to play with a score like that!!

40,000+ points you have!!! Mental...

There cant be many games left for you to play with a score like that!!

I've pretty much played all the games i want to play that are out already.

Glad there's a million new games out in the next while! :)

the wallet isn't though....

Just kicked if off there, so it starts tomorrow....

"At midnight tonight (10/18/2008 00:00 Pacific Time) everything kicks off! Be sure to check back as we report on the daily action!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

I've pretty much played all the games i want to play that are out already.

Glad there's a million new games out in the next while! :)

the wallet isn't though....

Where do you find the time?

How long would you play the Xbox per day, roughly?

keen wrote: »
    How long would you play the Xbox per day, roughly?

If it's a work day, i'd play for 2 to 4 hours, if i'm off work, anything from 4 to 9 hours i suppose!

I likes my gaming! :)

Do you just play Xbox?

• Advertisement

silvine wrote: »
    Do you just play Xbox?

Me? yeah, I tried other consoles (PS3, Wii, PSP, DS) they just don't cut the mustard for me. I sold them all after 4 to 6 weeks! There are a 3 or 4 games i would like for the PS3 but that's not enough to warrant buying one again.

What about PC gaming, die-hard gamers are always saying it's THE format to play on...

What about PC gaming, die-hard gamers are always saying it's THE format to play on...

Thats what i used to say until the girlfriend bought me an xbox at christmas last year, i would never go back to PC gaming now.

...but the Xbox is awful for RTS games. You can't install user made mods and you have to pay for maps for games like COD4. And a keyboard and mouse give you more control in FPS games.

I never got into PC gaming, i'd much rather be sitting on the couch chilling out whilst gaming rather than sitting at a computer. I know pc gamers will also say a keyboard & mouse is the ultimate way to go but i much prefer a controller, the 360 one is the business!

Also i sit at a PC all day at work so the last thing i want to do when i get home is sit in front of a PC again! I have a 42inch plasma hooked up to my 360, way better than a pokey monitor! :)

i sit at a PC all day at work so the last thing i want to do when i get home is sit in front of a PC again!
    That's why I play Xbox! Anyway back to the thread: I intend to win. Now where is my copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ;)

That's why I play Xbox! Anyway back to the thread: I intend to win. Now where is my copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ;)

Just looked up TMNT......1000 point in 2 hours:eek:....Dont you dare!!!!

Just looked up TMNT......1000 point in 2 hours:eek:....Dont you dare!!!!

King Kong is similar. All 1,000 points in 5 or 6 hours!

I played King Kong for the 1000 points around 6 months ago, it was the most boring thing, never again will i play one of these easy 1000 points but crap games again, it was a nightmare..

• Advertisement

You may need to get that copy of TMNT out after looking at some of the scores in the challenge...:cool:

Advertisement