Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamerscore Challenge

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yep, cannot figure out what numbers they are basing it on, but you've got a longer history of stats on the site than LatchBones so he maybe calculates that as being more reilable numbers. But then my really long history of stats on the site probably counts against me due to having long periods of not doing anything for weeks/ months at a time in the past and reducing my averages out more. Although you have a better win ratio in the challenges that you've done as well, where as I have just lost loads due to the auto ones in weeks when I never actually did anything.

I will win this one though to get my challenge score up, oh yes I will. <evil_laugh>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Well Best of Luck!!

We will start it for Saturady, so i have to click start before midnight friday for it to start on time.

Give a few more the chance to join...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Stuck myself down for it. Dont know why. Have no new games to play, but sure we'll give it a go!

nicklauski wrote: »
    Stuck myself down for it. Dont know why. Have no new games to play, but sure we'll give it a go!

Cool, the more the merrier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Definately signed up now. Good few people too. Looking forward to this one. Might stand a chance of beating a few people!

• Advertisement

silvine wrote: »
    Definately signed up now. Good few people too. Looking forward to this one. Might stand a chance of beating a few people!

ya there is a good few in it now....

Should we leave the closing date until friday, and start it saturday, that leaves time for more people to join?

Or kick it off sooner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Saturday sounds good to me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Leave it for Saturday, see if anyone else joins in yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Saturday is fine with me also...

Sound, Saturday it is...

• Advertisement

I see one of the people in the challenge has played Avatar! :eek:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea whats wrong with avatar? I played it from start to finish. Some game. It wont matter though as it wont count towards anything.

I bought cod2 today a nice 700 points for me. Actually looking forward to this little competition. I get left go from work on the 23rd so ill have a good week of gaming to put into it :D

Does it track the points from when it starts? Like when we view the challenge it will show us where we stand?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Nothing wrong with Avatar as long as it aint used for an easy 1k during the challenge....

No chance of you doing that since you already got the points...

And ya the site does track the challenge and it does a daily recap and a little graph...

Here is a link to our last challenge, you'll see what i mean...
    http://www.360voice.com/challenge/22497

Any easy 700 from COD2, i'd say everyone has an ace up their sleeve in form or another!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Louisburgh lass

CKWPORT wrote: »
    ya there is a good few in it now....

Should we leave the closing date until friday, and start it saturday, that leaves time for more people to join?

Or kick it off sooner?

Saturday, Sound!!

Wont be able to play till the middle of next week anyways...

Might have an "ace" up the sleeve too!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yeah ive a few.. I was thinking about kids games but id rather just play tougher games.. be embarrassed with the kids games as the same with avatar.. dirty dirty game :o

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

dazftw wrote: »
    Yeah ive a few.. I was thinking about kids games but id rather just play tougher games.. be embarrassed with the kids games as the same with avatar.. dirty dirty game :o

Dirty indeed...

So is this starting at midnight tonight?

I was gonna hold off playing games till it starts but then i realised that i like gaming too much....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

So is this starting at midnight tonight?

I was gonna hold off playing games till it starts but then i realised that i like gaming too much....:)

Me too :)

Got 3 just calling out to me. I am a lil tired and might go for a sleep though, damn my nocturnal nature.

Its going to start tomorrow lads...

We said we'd leave it open until midnight tonight for anyone joining late.

Anyways, i will be clicking start on the challenge then, and it will start at middnight PST which is 8AM here tomorrow morning.

In the mail we will all get from 360Voice, it will state that its best to play an hour or 2 after midnight (8AM here) for the points to register in the challenge. I doubt any of us are gonna be playing at 8AM in the morning anyways!!!!!!

Also if you are checking the scores on the 360Voice page during the day tomorrow, it might look a bit dodge, usually on the 1st day of a challenge the scores can take a while to update, it will come right by day 2 though.

rizzla wrote: »
    Me too :)

Got 3 just calling out to me. I am a lil tired and might go for a sleep though, damn my nocturnal nature.

you must have those 3 games well shook now....Over 1000 points in 2 days!!!! Did you sleep at all the weekend????;)

• Advertisement

Some serious points already gained in the first couple of days alright. Did you play your hands too early though and are all your easy points already done?

I have a target to aim for now anyway, guess I'd best actually play some games though or I'll not be getting any points.

ya, thats the easy points outta the way....aint got anything else to play now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Bloody hell. I was happy with accumulating 50 points on Sunday night and then I login to see a 1000+!

silvine wrote: »
    Bloody hell. I was happy with accumulating 50 points on Sunday night and then I login to see a 1000+!

I thought i was gonna be well in the lead after getting 800+......

Can ye not be gentlemen and let the lady win;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

just got over 12500 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I actually did a couple of hard achievements this weekend. Managed a horrible Leaderboard achievement, worth 100g's though. I sleep during the day and play at night mostly, less distractions.

Plus I still have 2 games still in their wrapper, waiting on another one from play.com, Xmas is my busy gamer year, especially with a good few bargains going. Unemployment helps too.

400+ Last Night....

I am beginning to think that there is going to be no catching you..

xbox36016 wrote: »
    just got over 12500 points

You are an oddball.

Did you even bother reading what the thread was about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Now I remember why I dont enter these things! Jaysis I haven't a hope. Think I've picked up about 150 points in 2 days. Ah sure even if I get the wooden spoon I'll be happy :D

Advertisement