Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP!!!

• 16-10-2008 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have decided this week that I want to go to Canada. I already have a friend over there.
    However I didn't realise that booking it and arranging it takes SO long and I might be on a waiting list, and I have to be in Canada by 31st December???

Have I left it too late???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

I just applied, in the off chance I wouldn't be too late, and it says I am on the waitlist- am a good bit higher than I thought I would be as I have friends who are on it since September,

Let me get this straight- I won't get charged until they tell me tthat I am no longer on the waitlist, they have a place for me, and I confirm that I am taking that place, right???

anyone??? im really stuck here!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

I just applied, in the off chance I wouldn't be too late, and it says I am on the waitlist- am a good bit higher than I thought I would be as I have friends who are on it since September,

Let me get this straight- I won't get charged until they tell me tthat I am no longer on the waitlist, they have a place for me, and I confirm that I am taking that place, right???
    Can I put my name on a waiting list? When will I know if I get a visa?
    Once the Programme is closed we will automatically start a waiting list and will email to advise you where you are placed on that list within a few days. Then, as participants cancel from the programme we will contact people from the list to offer them a place on the Programme. Once you are contacted you will have one week to accept or decline your place on the programme, no money is taken from your card until you confirm acceptance of a place on the programme. Please note that places are offered from the waitlist throughout the year and we cannot guarantee that all waitlisters will be offered a place.
    ;)

You should check out the FAQ's yourself http://canada.usit.ie/test/student_programme/faq.asp to check if you need to get a Medical etc in case you get a place as according to the site these can take up to a couple of months to get.

I checked the FAQ alright.
    I sent them a mail the other day, I am anxiously awaiting a reply!!!
    Going to the Garda station tonight to apply for a Police Cert.

Advertisement