Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bringing down the asking price...

Options
  • 17-10-2008 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

How is it done. I'm gonna go look at a car in Northern Ireland tomorrow and the asking price is £11,500.
    What can I realisically get off that price and how do I go about doing that.
    I phoned today and he basically said he cant take anything off but I hoping it will be a different thing when I'm in front of him flashing the cash.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

make sure you have cash (or can get it) they'll usually knock a bit off for a cash purchase. keep haggling and if he won't budge then jut walk away and say you've got a few other motors to look at. go off for some lunch and come back an hour ot two later and sya you've found something else (be ready with specifics, make model etc.) with either better mileage/spec or condition for cheaper but that there's something that you still like about his particular car and see if he'll budge to make the sale.

if he' still not going for it then be prepared to say goodbye if he won't drop the price to something that's acceptable to you. it's a buyers market, so don't forget you're the one wit the cash and are the one in the stronger position.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Depends on the car, TBH. If you're going to see it having been told he won't move on price, though, don't be surprised if he's true to his word.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

him knowing you have taken on such a long trip to view the car doesn't really put you in a good position. might be worth a while to try give the impression your looking at a couple of more cars in the area!

Advertisement