Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heart problems maybe??

• 17-10-2008 1:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭

Okay, I get stressed very easily and a lot lately. Sometimes, I feel tightness along my rib cage just below my heart area and even sometimes in other areas of my chest. I also have been getting some dizzy spells lately. I also get a sensation like small electrical spikes in my heart.
    I know I need to get this checked out but just wondering what you think.
    The contradiction to this is that I don't smoke and I walk about 2.5 miles every day up and down hills without any problem.

I had a check up a few years ago and my cholesterol was 5.8. I eat healthy and take cholesterol lowering spread (benecol)

Any opinions appreciated and hope I'm around to read them!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

do you drink much?reason i ask is i sometimes feel the same especially after a night on the tiles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Gel

Thanks for the reply.
    I probably drink more than I should. My weekly would typically be

Mon. 3 glasses of red wine

Tues. Maybe none or finish the bottle from Mon.

Wed. A few cans

Thurs. Maybe none or maybe a can

Friday A few cans or maybe a a few glasses of red wine

Sat. Maybe a can or two or finish last nights bottle of red or maybe none

Sun. Maybe a can or maybe none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

try to go a few days alcohol free and see how you feel ,even though your intake doesnt seem that excessive compared to what i was drinking before
    i used to drink a lot especially when i was stressed which in turn affected me healthwise and was getting very similar symptoms to you
    the best advice though would be to go see your doc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Gel wrote: »
    Okay, I get stressed very easily and a lot lately. Sometimes, I feel tightness along my rib cage just below my heart area and even sometimes in other areas of my chest. I also have been getting some dizzy spells lately. I also get a sensation like small electrical spikes in my heart.

This is a problem that only a medical professional can figure out for you. Thread closed as per charter re: medical advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement