Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My No claims discount

Options
  • 17-10-2008 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Any Insurers recognise my 5 years no claims and zero penalty points on a car policy. I know it is prolly wishful thinking in Ireland but I have a few friends in the UK. Also does anyone know if I can collect my insurance disc in office on a car. I absolutely need the disc on my dash Monday whoever I go with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thread moved from learning to drive.
    you'll get a better response here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Any Insurers recognise my 5 years no claims and zero penalty points on a car policy. I know it is prolly wishful thinking in Ireland but I have a few friends in the UK. Also does anyone know if I can collect my insurance disc in office on a car. I absolutely need the disc on my dash Monday whoever I go with.

Is it me or does this make absolutely no sense????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Someone let out for the day?

Come on now....back to Rosie & Jim :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

peanuthead wrote: »
    Is it me or does this make absolutelt no sense????:confused:
    It's not just you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

err...what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

peanuthead wrote:
    Is it me or does this make absolutelt no sense????

Not just you. OP, are you moving from another country and want to know if you can bring over your NCB or something?
    I know it is prolly wishful thinking in Ireland but I have a few friends in the UK.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll make friends in Ireland too with time. ;)
    Also does anyone know if I can collect my insurance disc in office on a car. I absolutely need the disc on my dash Monday whoever I go with.

You would get the insurance disc in the post, I'd presume? As far as I know, you can start driving as soon as you sign up and pay for your policy. If you're stopped without a disc, you'll have a few days to produce at a garda station.

Good to know somebody's still up for caning it on a Thursday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

LMFAO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Stark wrote: »
    Not just you. OP, are you moving from another country and want to know if you can bring over your NCB or something?

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll make friends in Ireland too with time. ;)

You would get the insurance disc in the post, I'd presume? As far as I know, you can start driving as soon as you sign up and pay for your policy. If you're stopped without a disc, you'll have a few days to produce at a garda station.

Sorry for the confusion guys I posted in a hury last night. My No claims is on a motorcycle policy. Wondering can I use my five years no claims from this policy on a car policy if I am using it on a new bike policy.
    As for the disc ideally somewhere I can pick it up same day would be awesome not sure if a tester for full license will accept my insurance is in the post. As for my friends in the UK: they have transfered their no claims earned on a bike to cars no problem.

I'm pretty sure NCB is not transferable between cars & bikes. You might get an introductory bonus, though. Most ins cos will print out the cert & disc on the spot, you will need to show a license though. Also, some only have offices in awkward places. TBH, you need to take out a Golden Pages and start hitting the phones straight away. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Sorry for the confusion guys I posted in a hury last night. My No claims is on a motorcycle policy. Wondering can I use my five years no claims from this policy on a car policy if I am using it on a new bike policy.
    As for the disc ideally somewhere I can pick it up same day would be awesome not sure if a tester for full license will accept my insurance is in the post. As for my friends in the UK: they have transfered their no claims earned on a bike to cars no problem.

Bike NCB's don't transfer to cars and vice versa, but claims records do:confused:

If you are using the policy on a bike you can't transfer the NCB off that to any other vehicle.

Why not hire a school car for the test, may be cheaper then insuring your own car. The tester won't accept an insurance cert, you have to have the disc in the window, but they never actually check you are insured you just sign a declaration that you are!

Advertisement