Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gerry Ryan soap opera

Options
  • 17-10-2008 7:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Gerry Ryan...er, king of the airwaves.

Oh, just to inform everybody, this guy is in his 50's, his marriage (god forbid) broke up, he happens to 'drink a lot', both his parents have died..zzzzzz

Now, this is the guy who doesn't really want to talk about his personal problems, but decides to do the total opposite by getting another eejit in Ryan Turbity to interview him on national television last night about just that(!?!)

Message to Gerry...you're not the only person in the history of the state, who happens to be in his 50's, who's parents have died (other peoples parents have died in more horrific circumstances than yours), and other people's marriage's have broken up also resulting in long-winded and painful court battles.....some couples don't have 10 cents to rub together.

....i'm sure your huge RTE salary will help comfort you to a degree.

Also, this whole persona of his...the greying slicked back hair and glasses intended to make him look like a genius, i find annoying.

Cop on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Matt3 wrote: »

Oh, just to inform everybody, this guy is in his 50's, his marriage (god forbid) broke up, he happens to 'drink a lot', both his parents have died..zzzzzz

Now, this is the guy who doesn't really want to talk about his personal problems, but decides to do the total opposite by getting another eejit in Ryan Turbity to interview him on national television last night about just that(!?!)

Message to Gerry...you're not the only person in the history of the state, who happens to be in his 50's, who's parents have died (other peoples parents have died in more horrific circumstances than yours), and other people's marriage's have broken up also resulting in long-winded and painful court battles.....some couples don't have 10 cents to rub together.

Also, this whole persona of his...the greying slicked back hair and glasses intended to make him look like a genius, i find annoying.

Cop on.

All true, but most of the others that have similar experiences are not in the public eye. Therfor their personal lives do not generate enough interest to be scrutinised by the media. Love him or loathe him people are interested in his life , he wouldn't be the subject of many posts here if that were not true.

and he has a book to sell, give him a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Stylo

Jesus H Christ Matt3, you'd wanna watch that sympathy there son - you'll soon have none left to give !

'God forbid' if anything like that were to happen to YOU ! You'd soon find that no amount of money will help you in such situation !

I think Ryan is as big a Richard Cranium as the some others, but are we all to be bereft of ANY type of sympathy

Kick a man while he's down, why don't ya

:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Cop on.

I don't mean to be rude but your style of thread is very Gerry Ryan.
    A sealed opinion giving little way (or none in this instance) to discussion.
    Do I get entered into a raffle for a weekend break for responding on your thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The review on his book in the indo yesterday was hilarious! Anyone I know hates him and were actually happy when he split up. But they still tune in, especially when Fiona Looney is on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Not Radio discussion, moved to Celebrities & Showbiz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Not Radio discussion, moved to Celebrities & Showbiz

That one Looney wrecks my head. If she sucked Ryans arse any harder his head would disappear down his own throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Quint wrote: »
    The review on his book in the indo yesterday was hilarious!

Read it. I cringed so much my ears met at the back of my head.

"My canteen is the four seasons"

Jaaaaysus.

What about:
    "My favourite sommelier is Pascal from Dromoland"
    Good to see he hasn't lost touch with the common man!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Interesting how he's suddenly decided to shill his personal life in the light of a very expensive divorce.

A nation yawns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

But they still tune in, especially when Fiona Looney is on.

That one drives me MAD. How the hell did she get onto radio? I'd almost start a thread about how sh1te she is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Cop on.

Aye ''god forbid'' you have some troublesome times ahead of you, and they get printed on every rag thats out there.

Ya know you do have personal choice, change the channel.

Muppet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Aye ''god forbid'' you have some troublesome times ahead of you, and they get printed on every rag thats out there.

Ya know you do have personal choice, change the channel.

Muppet.

Watch the abuse there son.
    Gerry Ryan is a fat,smug cretin.A hyperbolic,self-centred egocentric slob.
    Any "bad luck" he's experienced has been more than offset by the money he gets for prostituting himself all over the airwaves and print media.The fat bastard is desperate to get cash to pay off his wife so he'll be appearing all over the gaff flogging his incredibly boring fat arse with a seasoning of incredibly boring "controversy".
    Saw some graffiti on a wall in ballymun about him..turns out he might be hiding more than one revelation from his "fans".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Degsy wrote: »
    Saw some graffiti on a wall in ballymun about him..turns out he might be hiding more than one revelation from his "fans".

Whats that pray tell?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Whats that pray tell?

According to the graffiti..and who takes any notice of graffiti..<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

According to the graffiti..and who takes any notice of graffiti.. <snip>
    <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Fiona Looney

That woman is a looney... I used to drive a taxi & got booked to pick her up from RTE one day, so I arrive & am sitting there listening to her on the radio (out of curiosity I tuned in). She's talking about tipping & how stingy people are & how she tips on service, the proper way...

So she comes out & gets into the car, "Morning Miss", says I, "Where to?" (she tells me, but I'm not going to divulge where). We're driving along making small talk, I compliment her on her show last year (actually did enjoy it). Then I say to her, "You really let yourself in for it talking about how well you tip & then getting in a taxi" (now let me make myself clear on this, I never expected a tip, if people wanted to give one, great, but it's just a bonus)...

-> Little bit of silence

"Impossible to tip when it's paid by voucher isn't it?" says she.
    "Erm... sorry?"
    "Tip... Can't give you one because RTE are paying for the taxi" (Most of RTE taxis are paid by account voucher)
    "Er... Yeah, Right, I suppose" said I.

Then she got me to stop at a supervalue near her home & wait for her when she went in to get something before continuing her journey.

Nice fair all the same, but she'd no cash to tip ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

She has admitted on air to re-using old tin foil. Tight with the few bob obviously and she can't be short of a few shillings.

If anyone wants a laugh at Gerrys expense, read this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:eek:Now there goes a real spanner.

So that's what my license goes on!!

Everywhere I go the path is greased!!!! I know what I'd like to grease.

His nutsack.... on the toe of my Brogans:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

That one drives me MAD. How the hell did she get onto radio? I'd almost start a thread about how sh1te she is.
    yeah,that voice goes straight through you,she sounds like a non stop nagger that one,sure jaysus,her husband must be deaf,why dont her and gerry get together,can you imagine what the kids would be like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

iMax wrote: »
    That woman is a looney... I used to drive a taxi & got booked to pick her up from RTE one day, so I arrive & am sitting there listening to her on the radio (out of curiosity I tuned in). She's talking about tipping & how stingy people are & how she tips on service, the proper way...

So she comes out & gets into the car, "Morning Miss", says I, "Where to?" (she tells me, but I'm not going to divulge where). We're driving along making small talk, I compliment her on her show last year (actually did enjoy it). Then I say to her, "You really let yourself in for it talking about how well you tip & then getting in a taxi" (now let me make myself clear on this, I never expected a tip, if people wanted to give one, great, but it's just a bonus)...

-> Little bit of silence

"Impossible to tip when it's paid by voucher isn't it?" says she.
    "Erm... sorry?"
    "Tip... Can't give you one because RTE are paying for the taxi" (Most of RTE taxis are paid by account voucher)
    "Er... Yeah, Right, I suppose" said I.

Then she got me to stop at a supervalue near her home & wait for her when she went in to get something before continuing her journey.

Nice fair all the same, but she'd no cash to tip ???
    she must have got an rte voucher for super-valu too...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Whereabouts? I'll take a picture :pac:

Advertisement