Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to get fired tomorrow.

Options
  • 17-10-2008 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am going to get fired tomorrow, my boss doesn't know that I know yet and I was wondering what I can do. Bit of background.

I work in a small shop, I use to work full-time for the last 1 1/2 years and then went part-time, 2 days a week. Now I never got a new contract stating that I was working part-time and am still getting paid a full-time wage(hourly rate).

I'm not sure what excuse he is going to use, but he set the groundwork this week by ringing me up on Wednesday asking did I take any money, which I didn't and all my movements behind the couner are on Camera. He has hired another girl to take my place and she starts tomorrow, this is how I know I'm getting the boot.

Considering I've done absolutley nothing wrong here, can he fire me for nothing? Should I ask for a letter stating the exact reason he is firing me before I leave?

Would I have a case for unfair-dissimal if he says that I am just no longer needed but has hired someone else to do the same job I was doing?

I know there is a lot of questions there but if anyone could shed some light on them, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Did you get fired in the end?

Advertisement