Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer laptops

Options
  • 17-10-2008 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I bought an Acer laptop just over a month ago and the power lead was of terrible quality. I plugged it in the other day and it blew burning my hand. I have tried to contact Acer support numerous times but to no avail. What worries me is that my son could have burnt his hand and this is obviously a serious product fault which Acer seem to be ignoring. Where else should I go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you're looking for some sort of compensation for the damages caused, then you'll need to see a solicitor. In fact, even if you're not, this is probably not a bad idea anyway.

Acer support probably won't be able to help you with the injuries, as they'd only be trained/qualified to deal with the power supply issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Del2509

Not looking for compensation as bought a replacement lead for €15 (wouldn't mind getting this back but probably didn't follow warreny proceedure) but more to warn people. I am only a home user of a computer and just afraid that that this could cause a more serious accident and should they be recalled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

what make and model of laptop. TBH I have 2 acer laptops and both are pretty good with only minor niggles (no worse than dell/toshiba).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Haven't heard of this happening to an Acer before! Usually a pretty good name for laptops. Was the power supply physically damaged when you unpacked the laptop (you say it was of terrible quality)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Del2509

It's an Aspire 5920. I had an Acer before which I loved and used a Dell laptop in work but always thought the Acer the best. The power cable was fine when arrived but just poor quality and "broke" after a month of moderate use. What bothers me is the lack of response though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement