Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Do You 'Sign On'???

• 17-10-2008 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭

My missus was let go from work and had her last day in the place on tuesday. Since knowing she was going to be let go she's been sending out CV's and dropping into the odd recruitment agency. She'll be actively out and about looking for a job from monday.

In the meantime however it'd be no harm to have something coming in on her side as I hardly earn millions. So my question is, 'How do you sign on?'. What's involved? I presume she needs to go to her local Social Welfare office and fill some forms out, does anyone know one in the D7 area? Does she need to bring anything with her?

I was on the dole once about 10 years ago but it was very straight forward back then. I just went, filled out a form, had a quick interview and then I used to go to the post office with my card. Is it still the same as this or have things changed?

Many thanks peeps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

she will need to fill out an application form, and along with that she will need two forms of photo identification. She will also need proof of address, and her pps number.

When she makes an application, she will be called for interview. Ive never had an interview so I dont know exactly what goes on in there, but they will probably ask for some tax related forms. She will need to provide proof that she is actively trying to seek work too so she should keep all correspondance (rejection letters etc...) from companies she applies to.

Cant help you personally with a dole office in D7, but check out this link I found.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080713122838AADfaRP

Advertisement