Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ferrari California - Hot or Not?!

Options
  • 17-10-2008 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

The Ferrari California: 453 BHP V8, 193 MPH, 0-62 MPH in sub 4 seconds. 2009_ferrari_california_oct_08_009-1015-950x673.jpg

Ferrari California - Hot or Not? 56 votes

Hot! Nicest Ferrari Ever, better than Daytona and F40!
    0% 0 votes
    A good effort, best-looking Ferrari on sale now!
    0% 0 votes
    A middling effort, but 599 is better!
    32% 18 votes
    I am getting concerned, Should have been a Maserati!
    25% 14 votes
    I am very concerned, It looks like it's made in Japan!
    21% 12 votes
    Not! It looks even worse than the 612!
    21% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Removed by Author

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Dont like it that much to be honest- think its looks alittle bit squished! they could do better lengthening it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

looks like it got molested via a crusher !!

I dont care much for italian cars... namely ferarris... the more expenicve the mdoel you own, the smaller your genitals srink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Perhaps it's just me, but I really like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

S.I.R wrote: »
    looks like it got molested via a crusher !!

I dont care much for italian cars... namely ferarris... the more expenicve the mdoel you own, the smaller your genitals srink

rediculous childish comment

Its a poor effort really. Of concern is that its about sales figures adn bling rather than engineering and pace. As supporting evidence - it has exhaust pipe embellishers!!!

Ferrari_GT_California_5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

terrible car, when did ferrari start making mini-supercars!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Is it just me, or does it actually look like an American car?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

S.I.R wrote: »
    the more expenicve the mdoel you own, the smaller your genitals srink
    have to disagree with ya there- when i saw this man below driving this f40, i certainly didnt think he was a small d1cked prat - more like respect!

DSC00078Medium.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Not liking the bonnet vent at all and reminds me a little two much of the BMW. Needs more power two.

If i dont like it, it will be a big success.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

I think the exhausts and black panel at the rear are trying to disguise the fact that this car has a huge ass, to fit the folding roof.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

eoin_s wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does it actually look like an American car?

The hint is in the name! :D (ie - the target market hint.)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Biro wrote: »
    The hint is in the name! :D (ie - the target market hint.)

I got that! But I didn't think they would take so many styling cues from American convertibles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I have to say I haven't liked the look of a Ferrari in photos for years now, but I always get them when you see them in the flesh.

Ok so its not an oil painting but I believe its truely awesome to drive.

A nice move away from the more grip, more powercraze of late to the more traditional more balance, more poise and more feel. Basically, back to European traditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Reminds me of a Z4.
    I don't like how it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Thats one of the better photos of i have seen but i still don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

this is ferraris "sell-out" car, it was produced purely to increase profits, i wouldnt even consider it a real ferrari. its hideous and it cant be compared with the 430, 599 or 612 let alone the oroginal california

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I don't like it. The quater panels, a throwback to the original California I presume, totally ruin the lines of the car. Hate the stacked exhausts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I think this is one of the few Ferraris that actually looks worse in red. The picture that's been posted is probably the best I've seen of the California, and it's still not breathtaking, at all. It just looks like a generic, unremarkable sportscar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

tdc wrote: »
    this is ferraris "sell-out" car, it was produced purely to increase profits, i wouldnt even consider it a real ferrari. its hideous and it cant be compared with the 430, 599 or 612 let alone the oroginal california

Can you expand on what you mean by Ferrari's sell out car ?

Are Ferrari not in business to make money ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,451 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Left me feeling lukewarm, just like any other Ferrari of the past decade, with the exception of the 599 - the only wow one for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Can you expand on what you mean by Ferrari's sell out car ?

Are Ferrari not in business to make money ?

Yep I can. Part of Ferrari's appeal is the exclusivity that comes with the brand. Up until now Ferrari produced 3 main models (360,575,456) > (430,599,612) and a limited run supercar (Enzo). Despite production rising up to 6000 cars per year Ferrari couldnt satisfy demand, especially for new customers in the US. They were selling out every last car, making huge profits and the cars were considerably more advanced than their rivals. Still Ferrari wanted to make more money so in comes the California, a softer, more user friendly, beginners Ferrari that will raise Ferraris production up to 10,000 cars per year by 2010.

Of course Ferrari are out to make money but they were making plenty already. They just did this because they could, which is very unlike Ferrari.

Just my opinion, but I think that because the number of Ferrari's being produced is going to increase considerably, that seeing a Ferrari will no longer be that interesting. The California is designed purely to gain profits and in my eyes it lacks the real character, passion and soul that Ferrari's should have. I can't really see to many men driving the car, more like a rich CEO husband would give to his trophy wife to drive to the spa/country club/rodeo drive, etc.

Sure if its only about profits why doesnt everyone take a leaf out of porsches book - Ferrari should make an SUV and Lambo should make a 4 door family saloon - oh wait.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

tdc wrote: »
    I can't really see to many men driving the car, more like a rich CEO husband would give to his trophy wife to drive to the spa/country club/rodeo drive, etc.

So it's a rich girl's toy instead of a rich boy's toy, I don't see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Front end looks like a tarted up celica - I like the exhausts though!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Mac 3

I'd agree with the sell out theory. It seems like Ferrari are after the Merc SL customers.

I think it looks like a replacement for the Honda S2000. In my opinion, a ferrari should look special but that doesn't. Over the last few years I feel they've made some good looking cars but if I had to pick a "modern" ferrari, twould have to be a 355.

Dont like the exhausts either..

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

A number plate at the front will ruin its already modest looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭sk8board

Mac 3 wrote: »
    I think it looks like a replacement for the Honda S2000.

I was just about to post the very same thought; a cross between the S2000 and a Z4.
    I mean, its not ugly, that'd be silly to say; but its not very 'Ferrari'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

have to disagree with ya there- when i saw this man below driving this f40, i certainly didnt think he was a small d1cked prat - more like respect!

DSC00078Medium.jpg

that^ is the best ferrari of allllllll time !!!!!!! a true beauty.

all the newish ferraris are a bit soft!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 karlx5

nice nice car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I like it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement