Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coaching template

• 17-10-2008 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

I'll probably refine this but,below if the information that will help Amadeus and I get you started on the right path.

details
    height/weight (can pm the sensitive stuff)
    diet (3day food diary would be useful)
    bodyfat% if you know it
    waist/hip ratio

running history
    years running
    average weekly mileage
    PB's (and when were they set)
    Injuries
    have you had a technical analysis of your running?
    Max HR (if known)
    resting HR (if known)

goals
    goal races (meium and long term)
    goal paces?

commitment
    How often can you run/train
    Do you have access to a gym?
    Do you have access to a track?
    Do you run alone or with others?
    Do you participate in other sports?

Any other information which you feel might be useful?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I'll get it started :D
    Age 29
    Gender male
    Height 5 ft 9
    Weight 159lbs but ideally would like to get back to 140lbs which was my 2002 weight when running
    3 day meals are crap, I often go without breakfast and sometimes lunch and then pig out on dinner, and treats for the rest of the day, I consume a large amount of bpms which I am trying to sort out, I keep telling myself I'll sort it out after Dublin marathon as I feel like I'm in Limbo after doing 2 marathons already, I just kind of want to get Dublin done and dusted at this stage

Months running - 8 months back running today
    Average weekly milage 35 (30 up as far as 50 on the odd week)
    Pbs 4 mile 25:56(2002)
    10 mile 69:17(2002)
    5K 20:10(2002) This broke my heart I wanted sub 20 but stupidly did a long IMRA race 3 days previous
    5 mile 33:49(2002)
    marathon 3:41(2008)

My training now is far better than it was in 2002 so I do expect in 2009 to lower all of these.
    Max HR 198
    Resting HR 44

Goal races
    Jingle bell 5k in mid DEcember, aim is sub 20
    long term Paris marathon in April, aim 3:10
    Berlin marathon in September sub 3:00

How often can I train - everyday x2 if needed, time is not a factor,stay at home dad perks
    I have a home gym but hate doing weights, I have weights treadmill, rower and I can turn my racer into an exercise bike.
    I prefer running on my own, its my time to myself but am open to running with others.
    I also play indoor football on a Tuesday night but no other competitive sports, running is my sole focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

LHR?
    Vo2max?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

It's for newbies Tunney, Last thing I'm going to do is ask someone starting to spend a couple of hundred quid on something that will tell us little until we get the basics sorted.

It's for newbies Tunney, Last thing I'm going to do is ask someone starting to spend a couple of hundred quid on something that will tell us little until we get the basics sorted.

Sorry - didn't necessarily mean lab testing. Field testing for LHR is pretty accurate and cheap and easy.

tunney wrote: »
    Sorry - didn't necessarily mean lab testing. Field testing for LHR is pretty accurate and cheap and easy.

Or more relevant that LHR - ventiliary HR. The HR at which converstaion becomes difficult. A decent approximation of LHR.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Shels4ever.

age 32
    gender Male
    186 cm
    Weight 95 kg :(
    diet (3day food diary would be useful) Will log this over the next 3 days.

Body fat , Will check in January.
    waist/hip ratio

running history
    years running
    average weekly mileage
    1500m 4:17 1996
    800m 2:04 1995
    3k 9:25 1995
    2.5 miles 13:52 1996
    5mile 31:30 1994 ( i think)
    Marathon 4:22 (injured at 16mile :( 1999)

2008 times
    3k 14:04
    2 miles 15:08
    5 miles 43 :(
    5k 24:45
    I hope my days of Pb's arent over..

Injuries
    Shin splint problems due to weight.
    Gait analysis has been done and seem to be injury free
    have you had a technical analysis of your running?
    Max HR (if known) not know
    resting HR (if known) 60 ( at last medical)

goals

goal races
    Sort term goal is to get down to 37 mins for 5miles in the first 4 months of next year.
    Get my weekely mileage up to the high 30's low 40's

Long term.
    PB over 5 miles in 2010.
    Dublin marathon 2009 .
    goal paces?

commitment
    % days a week at the moment will go to 6 next month, and will put in 1-2 gym session also.
    Do you have access to a gym? YES
    Do you have access to a track? NO
    Do you run alone or with others? ALONE
    Do you participate in other sports?~Retired from Football to focu on running.

Need to drop about 1.5 - 2 stone in weight , I've lost about the same since january and starting to feel like arunner again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

details
    M
    192cm / 85kg

Diet: Breakfast: ½ glass of freshly squeezed OJ + large bowl of porridge (with milk, honey and banana) + 3 poached eggs
    Lunch: 3 large sandwiches (2 x tuna salad (tuna and crème fraiche / Caesar salad dressing mashed up), cucumber and rocket, 1 x mackerel and cucumber and rocket) Don’t eat these all in one go. All sandwiches on low GI / wholegrain bread. In between all meals I have another banana (2 / day), 2 apples and on every 2nd day I have a 500ml tub of yoghurt. Other snacks to tend to be sugary, mostly late at night (can often gorge on 300g of chocolate in one go as have a very sweet tooth , ca. once per week.
    Dinner: Generally a stir fry with vegetables / noodles with soy sauce, vegetables and salmon / fish pie

bodyfat%: around 8% - 10% at a guess, unsure though.
    waist/hip ratio: unsure, I’ll get the tape measure out when I get a chance!

running history
    how long: 5 years
    currently 20 – 25 miles
    PBs: 5 mile: 36:30 (2 years ago). Half Marathon 1:47:00 (Aug this year)
    Injuries: Ankles have been a problem at times, nothing major though
    have you had a technical analysis of your running? Gait analysis: neutral
    Max HR (if known): unknown
    resting HR (if known): 42 bpm

goals
    goal races (meium and long term): 2009 3:30 marathon, 33:00 5 mile also. 2010 a lot closer to 3:00

commitment
    How often can you run/train: 2 - 3 times / week on average (closer to 2 until Christmas due to p/t study).
    Do you have access to a gym? Yes
    Do you have access to a track? No
    Do you run alone or with others? Alone mostly
    Do you participate in other sports? Yes football – Train 2x week with local club and normally have a match at weekend also. This is unlikely to change in the medium term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭DAVE_K

height/weight: 5'10, 79.5 kg
    diet:
    breakfast: porridge, coffee, sometimes toast (brown bread)
    mid morning snack: fruit
    lunch: tuna/chicken salad
    mid afternoon snack: tin tuna/sardine/nuts/fruit
    dinner: potatoes/pasta/rice + meat + veg
    (with maybe 4 biscuits a day thrown in either after-dinner or mid-morning)
    Minus the biscuits it's pretty healthy all the way

Generally like this most days. Deviation at the weekend could be a beer or 10

bodyfat%: 15 %
    waist/hip ratio: not sure - about 1:1 last time I checked

running history
    years running: 1 year
    average weekly mileage: 20 - 25 miles
    PB's (and when were they set): Ballina 10 K September 2008 45:19
    Injuries: Not at present, broke knee cap some years back and if don't wear a knee support it can ache after a long run
    have you had a technical analysis of your running? nope
    Max HR (if known) - don't know
    resting HR (if known) - don't know

goals 40 min/10 k
    goal races and paces (medium and long term) Fields of Athenry 10 K 26 December 2008 - sub 43 mins, balla 10 k July 2009 40 mins

commitment
    How often can you run/train: 1 - 2 times per day
    Do you have access to a gym? Yes.
    Do you have access to a track? Yes
    Do you run alone or with others? Alone
    Do you participate in other sports? Triathlon and Surfing

Any other information which you feel might be useful? Do weights 1 - 2 times a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Details
    Height/weight: 6ft/ 182lbs (~83kg)
    Diet:

this would be fairly typical for the 3 main meals

Breakfast options (1 Coffee & 1 Express both not optional)
    Porridge with milk+honey
    Meusli with milk or Natural yoghurt and Fruit
    2 Boiled eggs

Lunch Options
    Bean Salad with Chicken + Wholegrain Bread
    Tuna Salad + Wholegrain Bread
    Wholegrain Bread + 2 slices of Cheese and 2 Slice of Ham/Turkey/Beef

Dinner Options
    Pasta with Bolognese Sauce
    Chicken marinated (dry fried) in spices with Rice
    Lamb/Beef/Chicken Stew Casserole
    Or some other combination of the old meat and 2 veg.

Fruit snacks during the day

bodyfat%: not known (would guess 20% approx)
    waist/hip ratio: Not Known

Running History
    Fast teenager up to about 21yrs, lost interest no clubs locally to motivate etc. Ran a mile (well 4 laps) in 4:27 when I was a chap. Big gap of 15 years been training consistantly since 1st Feb (details in fitness logs)

Years Running
    <1 since resuming
    Average weekly mileage
    25-40

PB's
    5miles: 35:54 (23/09/08)
    10k: 44:49 (01/10/08)
    Half Marathon: 1:44:38 (20/09/08)

Injuries
    Snapped Achillies tendon in 2001 (no repercussions on running). Have long calf muscles which need to be streched regularly.

Have you had a technical analysis of your running?
    Had gait analysis done in 2007 (Supinator)

Max HR: Not Known (would guess close to 200)
    resting HR: Morning 45 - Daytime 65-70

Goals
    Goal races: Nothing planned (will look at calendar for Jan onwards)
    Goal paces?
    5 mile: Sub 35 (very close)
    10k: 42:00
    10miles: <75:00
    Half Marathon: ~1:38:00

I want to surpass these goals as well as achieve them.

Commitment
    How often can you run/train: 3-5 days
    Do you run alone or with others? Both
    Do you participate in other sports? Swimming + Hill Walking (not sunday strolls!)

Want to complete DCM and hopfully get through that OK and spend the winter months trying to get more sustained speed over longer distances. Despite my age I know I have a lot more in me I've been deliberating holding back a bit to get to the start of DCM injury free. Motivation is very high at the moment, I've seen how my body and fitness have changed over the last few months so want to keep it going. 3 Stone lost since Feb and back to the same waist size since I was about 20! Time can be a bit of problem in that my wife does not work 9-5 M-F so I generally work on a 2 week cycle - most of my training is done at lunchtime and over the winter I propose to hit the track at least one evening/week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

details
    age=36
    gender=Male
    height/weight=6 ft (182cms) / 12st 2 lbs (77kgs).
    3 Day food diary:
    Breakfast = 2 Weetabix, 2 Slices toast, coffee, supplements (Vitamin C, Glucosamine, Chrondoitin, Cod liver Oil).
    Lunch = Day 1 & 2 = Couscous, with nuts and raw veg. Day 3 = Homemade beef kebab (low fat, raw vegetables, pita).
    Dinner = Day 1 - Chicken casserole, brown rice. Day 2 - Roast (beef, potatoes, vegetables). Day 3 - Roast chicken fillets, vegetables, with olive oil, and brown rice.

bodyfat - Don't know. Not much.
    waist/hip ratio - Don't know

running history
    Years running - 2.5
    Average weekly mileage - Depends on whether training or not, roughly 25 miles when not on specific training program.
    PB's:
    5 Miles - Sportsworld 5 Mile Classic - 35 mins - April
    10k - 43 mins - Donadea last week
    1/2 Marathon - 1:44 - Connemarathon - April
    Marathon - 3:25 - Longford - August

Injuries -
    Some shin pain after LSRs. Probably not enough recovery time after Longford.
    Small amount of knee pain. Seems to be gone after starting Glucosamine/Chrondoitin and stretching.

Have you had a technical analysis of your running? No. Neutral gait!

Max HR=190 (Recent Donadea sprint finish)
    resting HR=50

goals
    10k - 40 mins - 16 months
    1/2 Marathon - 1:35.
    Marathon - Sub 3:15 - Edinburgh - 31st May 2009.

commitment
    How often can you run/train: Next few months - Any time/day.
    Do you have access to a track? - Not really.
    Do you run alone or with others? - Mixture. Mostly alone.
    Do you participate in other sports? Football. Hiking. Skiing (1wk/year). Planning on cycling/swimming. Have done some IMRA races (2 this year) but will do more next year.

Would like to run two marathons per year. Would also like to establish a base level of exercise, between race training. Want to participate in triathlon, but need to improve swimming beyond breast stroke!). Have Forerunner 405. Very motivated/determined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Peckham

...and info from me

height/weight: 170cm/70kg (although down to about 65kg at the moment)
    diet:
    Breakfast
    Porridge with rasins at home, toasted banana sandwich on wholegrain and coffee when get to work (or bagel with flora). Sometimes a cereal bar as a mid-morning snack, or maybe some fruit
    Lunch
    Generally a reasonably healthy freshly prepared sandwich/roll, avoiding mayonaise/coleslaw/similar. Often will have a bag of salted popcorn with this.
    Afternoon Snack
    Toast with honey, maybe another banana/piece of fruit
    Dinner
    Varies, but would generally be quite healthy and good balance of carbs and protein. Would probably have one takeaway per week - normally Indian.
    Nighttime snacks
    This is where things can go off the rails a little - maybe a couple of biscuits and some chocolate. At weekends the crisps/peanuts start to creep in.
    (Alcohol intake would be okay, pretty average...apart from the past seven weeks of abstinence)
    bodyfat% if you know it: Don't have a clue.
    waist/hip ratio: Don't have a clue

running history
    years running: nearly 4
    average weekly mileage: 30 for most of the year, up to 55-60 during marathon training
    PB's (and when were they set):
    marathon - 3:06 (Dublin 2007)
    half marathon - 1:24 (Longford 2008)
    10 mile - 66mins (Adidas series 2006)
    5 mile - 29:55 (Raheny 2007)
    5k - 18:15 (Wicklow Town 2006 - road race)
    Injuries: Injury free since I got orthotics 3.5 years ago. Very fortunate that my fiancee is a physio, so any potential injury is addressed very quickly
    have you had a technical analysis of your running?: Yes - I overpronate
    Max HR (if known): Don't have a clue, am investing in a HRM shortly and next phase of training will focus on this
    resting HR (if known): Had a check-up just before marathon last year and was in mid-50s.

goals
    goal races (meium and long term): Focus up until now has been marathons, but none next year (probably!). Will be focussing on the 5m-10m distances - lots of BHAA and other races with newly formed Boards AC hopefully! Maybe also a duathalon or even a sprint tri (must buy a bike!). Long-term plan is to complete the five marathon majors and an olympic length triathalon
    goal paces? For 2009 would like to be in or around 29:30 for 5m, and sub-64 for 10m.

commitment
    How often can you run/train: 3-5 days per week
    Do you have access to a track? No, but have lots of long empty footpaths that I use for speedwork
    Do you participate in other sports? No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

29 years
    female
    5 2'/54kg
    Bodyfat : dont know , within normal range thw last time i checked
    waist/hip : dont know

diet
    morn: cereal or porridge
    11 : fruit or scone ( sometimes sausage roll if i am bad , feel guilt about this indulgence)
    1pm : potato/rice(twice weekly) , meat/chicken/fish ( once a week) , veg brocolli/carrot , fruit and yoghurt
    4pm : 2 biscuits and tea
    6pm : can vary alot hear , sandwich ( cheese and gurkin ) , popcorn , french toast , fried food ( this meal is put off till 9pm sometimes)
    10pm : chocolate and tea , sometimes fruit

Year running : started at 12 thru to 19 , stoped , started again 7 months ago.
    average weekly mileage : 15 miles
    PB : 10k october 43.39, 5k ( triathlon) 20.42.
    Injuries : none
    technical analysis : none
    HR : never checked

Goals
    only have short term as of yet
    10K under 40min
    5k under 19 min

Races
    2009 womens minimarathon
    some other 10k/5k races betweennow and some ( suggestions welcome)
    3 sprint tris in summer 2009 ( ballina , garadice , loughkey , mullaghmore)

Commitments
    Run/train : 3 times a week at present ( for running , also swim twice a week )will try to up running to 5 times a week

Gym access : one near by but too time consuming to go
    Track access : no
    Run alone
    other sports : swimming , cycling occasional at the moment

at the moment most of my run training has to be done on a threadmill due to location and family commitments , will be able to do one or two sessions outside in the week ( preferably the weekend)

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

details
    age - 30
    gender - Male
    height/weight (can pm the sensitive stuff) - 181cm/80kg
    diet (3day food diary would be useful) - I'll throw in last 3 days
    Yesterday - Porridge with sugar and banana, Large plate of pasta with chopped frankfurters +fresh sauce, 1/2 bunch grapes/ Chicken Korma (roast chicken) with basmati rice and garilc naan bread, 2 liters of water, 1 cup tea, 2 lemsips, packet of crisps
    Wednesday - 2 bowls cornflakes, 2 bananas, 4 ham n cheese sandwiches on white bread no butter, 1/2 bunch grapes, apple, pasta and chopped frankfurters (dinner 1), roast potatoes, breast of chicken, peas (dinner 2), peanut butter and jam sandwich, glass of red wine, another bowl of cornflakes, 3 liters of water, lemsip
    Tuesday - 4 slices of toast wit butter and jam, pint of ornage juice, banana, 250g strawberry yoghurt, 2 plates of lasagne with green peppers, 2 cups of tea, 3 liters of water, 3 biscuits (normally eat the packet!), lemsip x2

There is normally constant grazing on chocolate and biscuits in there but I'm being good this week!

bodyfat% if you know it about 12-13% at a guess
    waist/hip ratio ehnot a drinker so no belly, need a belt for 32" waist jeans

running history
    years running - Since March 2007
    average weekly mileage -about 20-25, 30-35 coming up to marathon
    I've only run 2 races so I'll have to give some training times
    Marathon - 3'33'15" - my first in Dublin 2007
    Half Marathon - 1'53'33" - first ever run in Connemara 2007
    13miles - 1'33'34" - September 2008
    10miles - 69'50" - July 2008
    10k - 41'45" - August 2008
    5miles - 34'16" - July 2008
    4miles - 26'46" - yesterday
    5k - 19'38" - September 2008

I could lower all of these however the 5k and 10k were eyeballs out!

Injuries - Nothing major
    have you had a technical analysis of your running? - No, but Supinate I think
    Max HR (if known) - 193 I think
    resting HR (if known) - 49 approx

goals
    goal races (meium and long term) - Long Term get Boston time at Berlin and then run Boston the next year.. maybe for 2010
    goal paces? - sub 40 for 10k, sub 19 for 5k

commitment
    How often can you run/train - 5-8 sessions split between swim, bike, run
    Do you have access to a gym? - yes
    Do you have access to a track? - yes
    Do you run alone or with others? - alone but love company
    Do you participate in other sports? - Want to do some Duathlons & Triathlons next Year. Tag Rugby in the summer but just focus on Tri in 2009. Always being asked to come back to Rugby or Masters Rowing

Played Rugby up to 21yrs then rowed for a few seasons on and off. Could sprint sub 11 sec for 100m as a teenager ;) Currently studying to be a Life Coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

HM,
    Great uptake on this. Considering some of the PBs are quite old, it might be no harm to have a 'Current Times' as well as PBs.
    Plus you might want to explain body fat % and WH ratio - some of the figures above seem out, possibly because people are estimating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

details

age-22
    gender-Male
    height/weight (can pm the sensitive stuff)-5'10 168lbs
    diet (3day food diary would be useful)-
    Breakfast
    -2xslices wholewheat toast, Flora low fat spread, bowl of porridge/Raisin Wheat/Muesli, skim milk
    Lunch
    -Usually a sandwhich. Ciabbatta roll with salami, low fat mayo. If not beans on toast or scrambled eggs on toast
    Dinner-Chicken/beef/fish/a steak with potatoes or oven chips (with the steak;)). Ill usually have chilli or a pasta dish on a saturday and I have a chinese take away Friday and Sunday (:o)
    Snacks Ill usually have a banana and a couple of handful of nuts during the day. Im a devil for the chocalate too though and will usually have a couple of those snack bars a day.
    bodyfat% if you know it
    waist/hip ratio-Ill update later

running history
    years running- Half year (in total)...4 months consistently
    average weekly mileage-30 (built up from 16 to a peak of 38)
    PB's (and when were they set)-no PBs. To give an idea of how Im running, I timed a mile at 7 minutes 7 seconds (although that was a while ago under far from ideal circumstances, I imagine I could do it a fair bit quicker now) and I did 3 miles the other day in 24 minutes 21 seconds (and that was pretty comfortable save for the last half mile).
    Injuries-Mild niggle to my shins and right knee during training but quickly dealt with and both niggles cleared up well
    have you had a technical analysis of your running?no
    Max HR (if known)
    resting HR (if known)

goals-Will have a better idea on this after Dublin
    goal races (meium and long term)-Planning on doing the jingle bells 5k and the aware 10k in December. Will have a think about long term after Dublin.
    goal paces? Not sure yet

commitment
    How often can you run/training-Not sure how much I could train with the club but at least one night a week. As for doing my own thing I plane to train 5 days a week and a day of cross training. If you think I should do 7 days a week with doubles every day thats no problem either though ;)
    Do you participate in other sports? Yes. I rock climb and and play5-a-side football once a week.

Apologies for the vagueness in some area's, Ill hopefully have a better idea of things and post up some more info Monday week.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

HM,
    Great uptake on this. Considering some of the PBs are quite old, it might be no harm to have a 'Current Times' as well as PBs.
    Plus you might want to explain body fat % and WH ratio - some of the figures above seem out, possibly because people are estimating.
    Sounds like a good idea.. updated mine with my times from this year..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

n00b alert! :pac:

details
    age 24
    gender Female
    height/weight (can pm the sensitive stuff) 5'6", 183lbs :mad: I'm trying to get down to 135-140lbs though
    diet (3day food diary would be useful) Let me come back to you with this - reasonably healthy, with possibly a little too much caffeine. Have lost 24lbs since July though.
    bodyfat% if you know it Don't have a clue, but a lot higher than I'd like!
    waist/hip ratio Will grab a tape and check later

running history
    years running 3 months - completed Couch to 5k over the summer and have been running 3 miles 4-5 times a week since then.
    average weekly mileage 12-15 miles/week
    PB's (and when were they set) 30.24 5k, 2 weeks ago
    Injuries None
    have you had a technical analysis of your running? Slight overpronator with flat feet
    Max HR (if known) Don't know
    resting HR (if known) 65-70ish

goals
    goal races (meium and long term) Medium term is to be able to complete a 10k sub-hour sometime over the winter. I'd also like to get my 5k time down below 30mins, preferably to 26-27 minutes. Long term would be to be able to finish the Dublin Marathon in 2009.
    goal paces? I'm slooooooow. My 5k race pace is about 9.40/mile. I'd like to be able to complete a 10k at 9.00-9.30/mile pace though.

commitment
    How often can you run/train 4-5 days a week, but I am a 4th year student and don't have an enormous amount of free time. I am prepared to make time to run though, because it makes me feel damn good.
    Do you have access to a gym? Yes - Crunch Fitness UCD
    Do you have access to a track? Yes - track at UCD.
    Do you participate in other sports? I do the odd taekwon-do class, but don't do much any more because I tend to get injured way too often if I take it in any way seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭the_viper2kie

details
    height/weight (can pm the sensitive stuff): 5ft 10 73.5kg
    diet (3day food diary would be useful): My diet is pretty clean (I think!),
    morning: porridge with milk and sugar(sometimes a banana if around) Glass of orange juice/apple juice.
    Lunch: 2 Sandwiches on granary with either ham, mayo, lettuce and cheese or tuna, mayo cheese.
    Dinner: varies but consists usually of chicken or beef in some form with at least two veggies, could prob do with more green veggies in there though. Today lasagne. Don’t really do desert
    Snacks: I’m not a big snacker in between meals, at night time I will have two slices of brown bread with peanut butter and Jam with a glass of milk.
    While my diet is quite good with no snacking, I’m not sure my portion sizes are quite correct. That’s something I need to investigate.

bodyfat% if you know it: I have no idea or how I would calculate
    waist/hip ratio: I haven’t a clue!

running history
    years running: I ran with local athletics club years ago (in my early teens) doing some cross country and track in the summer although I wasn’t that good. Longer distances were my strong point though. Started back running this year (July properly) when realized I was really out of shape. I moved to London last Sep for a year where I had to leave my regular team sport behind. I was unable to commit to a team over there so things got bad-coupled with lots of drinking that comes with being a student in London. Turned it round completely now and worked towards the nike 10km race in Wembley at the end of August. Middle of September saw me move back to Ireland and with no job decided to commit fully to Dublin Marathon. Hoping to get round that with a sub 4 hour time.
    average weekly mileage: I’ve reached a max of 31 miles a week, but averaging 20-22 a week really.
    PB's (and when were they set): My only race time so far is a 50.01(10km). Really annoyed with this, had to stop for a toilet break which took me well over a minute (they filled us with water while listening to Moby and Co. play in Wembley!)
    Injuries: Nothing major, slight shin splints and sore hips and knees but nothing to cause me to stop completely.
    have you had a technical analysis of your running? Nope
    Max HR (if known): According to my polar watch: it thinks 187
    resting HR (if known): Again my watch says 60

goals
    goal races (medium and long term) Firstly I want to complete the Dublin marathon and prove to myself I can go the distance. My training for it was slightly rushed, so I’d love to take that time and smash it next year in Paris. Hopefully, by following a proper training guide and incorporating a lot more speed and hill work I think I can do that. I’d also love to begin training for my next challenge, a triathlon. I’m not sure what time frame this will be in, cause it requires me to firstly find a job. Then I can buy a bike and know where I am based so I can begin some swimming lessons(swam as a kid but it’s been years)

commitment
    How often can you run/train 4-5 times a week (train twice a week with hockey)
    Do you have access to a gym? Not yet
    Do you have access to a track? Nope
    Do you run alone or with others? Alone but recently went for a jog with my bro in law and it is so much easier
    Do you participate in other sports? As above, playing hockey twice a week

I’m committed to the cause, since I got myself back in shape and with a clear goal of a big challenge in mind I’m a new man. Sleeping much better at night and my body just feels good. I’d love to just keep all that going and set myself some more challenges (who knows I could be hooked and end up doing an iron man or something in the future!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MilesMore

Long time lurker so time to step up to the mark so to speak!

details
    age 38
    gender Male
    height/weight (can pm the sensitive stuff) 6ft / 162lb
    diet (3day food diary would be useful) Breakfast; usually Cornflakes or Weetabix, and maybe brown toast with butter.
    Lunch; either a full dinner (could be potatoes or rice with say chicken and vegetables) or fresh sandwich (eg. turkey&coleslaw on brown bread) and soup.
    Evening; Depending on lunch, usually the opposite ie. if full dinner at lunchtime, then just sandwich in evening. Tend to have a few beers or a wine or two most nights also.
    Usually have 3 pieces of fruit per day between meals, but also usually have a bar of some chocolate variety during the day with tea.
    bodyfat% if you know it 15%
    waist/hip ratio Don't know

running history
    years running 2.5 years
    average weekly mileage 15-20 miles
    PB's (and when were they set) 10 mile Sep '07 1:25
    10K in April '08 47:30
    Half Marathon Aug '08 1:47
    Injuries Plagued by shin splints at the start. Quite severe ITB pain in the lead up to the half in August this year, and was with physio for a few weeks following that race. Have only just got back to fairly regular running again since that.
    have you had a technical analysis of your running? Just the analysis done for free by Amphiaking. Fairly neutral.
    Max HR (if known) HRM for my garmin is not working (despite battery change) Will update if/when I can.
    resting HR (if known) About 60 (according to a very quick check just now with a watch)

goals
    goal races (medium and long term) 10K April '09 in <45min
    Half marathon Aug '09 <1:40
    Full marathon Oct '09 <3:45
    goal paces?

commitment
    How often can you run/train 4 times per week
    Do you have access to a gym? No
    Do you run alone or with others? About 50:50 alone and with one other
    Do you participate in other sports? Kickboxing, twice weekly

Any other information which you feel might be useful?[/quote]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

details
    age=36
    gender=Male
    height/weight=6 ft (182cms) / 12st 2 lbs (77kgs).
    3 Day food diary:
    Breakfast = 2 Weetabix, 2 Slices toast, coffee, supplements (Vitamin C, Glucosamine, Chrondoitin, Cod liver Oil).
    Lunch = Day 1 & 2 = Couscous, with nuts and raw veg. Day 3 = Homemade beef kebab (low fat, raw vegetables, pita).
    Dinner = Day 1 - Chicken casserole, brown rice. Day 2 - Roast (beef, potatoes, vegetables). Day 3 - Roast chicken fillets, vegetables, with olive oil, and brown rice.

bodyfat - Don't know. Not much.
    waist/hip ratio - Don't know

running history
    Years running - 2.5
    Average weekly mileage - Depends on whether training or not, roughly 25 miles when not on specific training program.
    PB's:
    5 Miles - Sportsworld 5 Mile Classic - 35 mins - April
    10k - 43 mins - Donadea last week
    1/2 Marathon - 1:44 - Connemarathon - April
    Marathon - 3:25 - Longford - August

Injuries -
    Some shin pain after LSRs. Probably not enough recovery time after Longford.
    Small amount of knee pain. Seems to be gone after starting Glucosamine/Chrondoitin and stretching.

Have you had a technical analysis of your running? No. Neutral gait!

Max HR=190 (Recent Donadea sprint finish)
    resting HR=50

goals
    10k - 40 mins - 16 months
    1/2 Marathon - 1:35.
    Marathon - Sub 3:15 - Edinburgh - 31st May 2009.

commitment
    How often can you run/train: Next few months - Any time/day.
    Do you have access to a track? - Not really.
    Do you run alone or with others? - Mixture. Mostly alone.
    Do you participate in other sports? Football. Hiking. Skiing (1wk/year). Planning on cycling/swimming. Have done some IMRA races (2 this year) but will do more next year.

Would like to run two marathons per year. Would also like to establish a base level of exercise, between race training. Want to participate in triathlon, but need to improve swimming beyond breast stroke!). Have Forerunner 405. Very motivated/determined.

Found this thread as one of the oldest to be updated in the training logs - guess those goals have well and truly been accomplished KC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Found this thread as one of the oldest to be updated in the training logs - guess those goals have well and truly been accomplished KC!
    Wow! I used to be 36 (and 12st 2!).

Advertisement