Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car swap question

Options
  • 17-10-2008 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Another question, at the minute I have a 2003 1.3 Hyundai Accent. Have been trying to sell it for the last few months, have it pretty well priced at the minute. Still no interest. The reason i'm selling is that i currently do about 25k miles a year. Need to move to a diesel. Also a bigger car. I'm 6' 3".

My question, if you were offered a swap involving swapping the above car for a 99 Passat 1.9TDi with 140k on the clock, timing belt done, and just passed the NCT. Would you go for it or let it pass?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,450 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Splendid wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Another question, at the minute I have a 1.3 Hyundai Accent. Have been trying to sell it for the last few months, have it pretty well priced at the minute. Still no interest. The reason i'm selling is that i currently do about 25k miles a year. Need to move to a diesel. Also a bigger car. I'm 6' 3".

My question, if you were offered a swap involving swapping the above car for a 99 Passat 1.9TDi with 140k on the clock, timing belt done, and just passed the NCT. Would you go for it or let it pass?

Depends a bit, doesn't it? ;)

If yours is a '99 than yes please, but if yours is a '08 I wouldn't think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

Sorry, I forgot the year.
    It's a 2003 with 63k on the clock.

Another year pushes that to just under 90k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Splendid wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Another question, at the minute I have a 1.3 Hyundai Accent. Have been trying to sell it for the last few months, have it pretty well priced at the minute. Still no interest. The reason i'm selling is that i currently do about 25k miles a year. Need to move to a diesel. Also a bigger car. I'm 6' 3".

after a full inspection, back ground check and a decent lenght test drive.... id be Extremely tempted.

That's where I am at the minute.
    Luckily my Dad is a mechanic so that helps a bit.

Also, I plan on running this car into the ground. I have at least another 4 years of this commute. So Not interested in spending money on a car.

In 4 years. I'll scrap it and start from scratch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement