Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

which windows version to run

• 17-10-2008 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭

Well, im going to pick up a new macbook pro tomorrow and i will be installing windows onto it. I've always used XP but wouldnt mind a change to Vista if it will work fine with the applications i use. I will mostly be using windows for online poker, photoshop, autocad and 3dsmax.

There are a few different Vista options which i just dont get - which is the most popular for a user like myself, is 32 or 64 bit the new standard?

Here is the spec of the laptop http://www.apple.com/au/macbookpro/specs.html .. Ill only be going for the basic pro model (2.4Ghz, 2gb) as i just want something until they update their 17'' model in January. I think i read somewhere it has a 32bit chipset so im thinking the 64bit vista will not work on it?

Anyways, which vista option would you recommend or should i just plant XP on there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

I'd recommend XP. It doesn't look like you'll have any problems running the software you listed. It's an all round nicer OS than Vista IMO.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You will run into less problems with bootcamp by running a 32bit os.

Advertisement