Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Announce Mobile Broadband Trial

• 17-10-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Got me application in, so fingers crossed!
    Meteor Mobile Broadband Trial

Meteor Mobile Broadband will be launching in early 2009. This great new product means you will be able to access your email and internet from your laptop or home PC at broadband speeds.

At Meteor we are committed to providing the best possible service so we are inviting some of our valued customers to participate in a pre launch trial of Mobile Broadband. The feedback from the trial will be used in the development of the final product.

Sign me up

If you would like to take part in this exclusive product trial you can enter your details at the link here www.meteor.ie/mobilebroadbandtrial/. If you are one of the customers chosen, our team will be in contact with you over the coming weeks.

The trial will run from November 2008 until the end of January 2009. We are looking for people aged 18 years or over who have a personal laptop or PC, who will be using Mobile Broadband in Dublin or Cork city and who have a keen interest in helping us to develop our Mobile Broadband product.

If you are interested simply enter your details before the 7th of November 2008.

Thanks,

Meteor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Signed up myself, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,023 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Signed up myself too. Wonder how the selection process will go.
    Maybe they track the usage of your existing phone geographically to see if your a good fit for the test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

listermint wrote: »
    Signed up myself too. Wonder how the selection process will go.
    Maybe they track the usage of your existing phone geographically to see if your a good fit for the test?
    In that case I think I'll start driving around the city for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Time to start the mega meteor mobile bb problems thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Well considering I cant get 3g at home or at work, I'm not sure how good a tester I'll be...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Cheers John_Mc !
    I do love being on Meteor trials.
    *shrugs shoulders in pimp furs, feels all important*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,023 ✭✭✭✭listermint

In that case I think I'll start driving around the city for the weekend.

Just tie it to a dog / Bird....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Won't this just be Eircom broadband realistically?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

kmart6 wrote: »
    Won't this just be Eircom broadband realistically?!
    No, it'll be on Meteor's 3g mobile network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

john mc, by posting this you are seriously lowering the chances you are picked :P

metalfest wrote: »
    john mc, by posting this you are seriously lowering the chances you are picked :P

I know, but my chances are slim anyway. All they have to do is check my 3G stats and they'll see that I'm only getting erratic coverage. I.e none at work and none at home.

Said I'd give others the chance, me being so considerate and all :D

haha :P

Obviously no rush as the closing date's in November, but would have thought there would have been more interest in this.
    Maybe a post in the Broadband forum ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

signed up.. Would love to get it.. Hope my account isn't flagged since my complaint after the 3g trial...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Anyone got a call back yet? I wonder what they will give their trial customers this time? Obviously the internet will be free from November to the end of Janurary. Maybe keep the USB dongle after the trial, the same cash incentive as the mobile 3G trial? Anyone got any other suggestions ? Meteor might be reading this ;)

I'm guessing this will be the page when the service launches in 2009, all it says is "Test Page " at the moment.
    http://www.meteor.ie/broadband/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Very interested to see what Meteor are going to come up with in terms of plans and pricing and also in terms of modems etc.

As for coverage .. I have little faith in their 3G network at the moment (due to the small area it covers) but I'm assuming they're expanding this as the trial continues :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Hopefully the mobile and pda's gang is chosen again :)

Maybe they might listen this time.
    *Tops up 3 SIM by €10 for data, sighs*

i'd really like to see them do something new with pricing - maybe a deal with Eircom to provide a fixed line/mobile broadband and telephone combo, all your telco needs for, say, €70 a month ?

i'd definitely go for a deal with basic home broadband plus mobile for €25 plus line rental p/m ?

Having said that they didn't show much desire for a fight with their "me too" 3G pricing :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

anybody hear anymore about this?

Nope, nothing as of yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Nothing here either...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

nothing here.

wait till november people..

any news yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Nothing here anyway. The trial signup page also appears to still be active.

heres hoping they haven't filled all their trial places ( meaning everyone already signed up will be on the trial)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I got selected!!!! Am waiting for a callback from Customer Services .... :)

• Advertisement

Glowing wrote: »
    I got selected!!!! Am waiting for a callback from Customer Services .... :)

How were you notified?

Advertisement