Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Announce Mobile Broadband Trial

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

long_b wrote: »
    Anybody going to do the dog on it and sell their modems ? :)

Never thought of that, genius idea! Anybody received their credit yet? The CC girl said Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭vodafoneproblem

Kinda tempted to try this out but a few things are putting me off. If you factor in the cost of the modem, it's almost the same price as 3 on post-pay for a year, for anyone who is already with 3. For 1/3 the data allowance. There is also no '3 like home' when in places like the UK (which means 3 allow you to roam for free in certain countries, basically). Meteor's roaming charges are absolutely scandalous, instead!

http://www.meteor.ie/bbtg/t_and_cs/

Roaming
    The Broadband To Go Roaming UK day pass is for Prepay customers only using the T-Mobile network in any one day and is charged at €15 for 50MB, standard roaming rates apply after the 50MB allocation (€10.24 per MB). Charging is incremental, €5 for the 1st MB, €5 for the 2nd MB, €5 for the 3rd MB there is no charge for the remaining 47MB. Usage below 3MB will incur a charge less than €15 commensurate with the data used, e.g. if only €5 in an account then only 1MB can be used.

Bill pay customers will be charged €10.24 per MB to Broadband To Go roam in the UK.

Both Prepay and Bill pay customers will be charged €10.24 per MB to Broadband To Go roam in any destination we have a Broadband To Go roaming agreement with.

Will have a think about it. Anyone got any compelling reasons why I should switch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

If you were on the trail you can refer a friend and the friend's modem only costs €50 :D

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    If you were on the trail you can refer a friend and the friend's modem only costs €50 :D

I was allowing for the €29 one on post-pay, though! Are their call centres in Ireland or India, does anyone know? It would be a plus if they're Irish.

Yep there in Ireland afaik. Anytime i've rang them in the past its always been someone irish anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭ozymandius

Has anyone noticed that the device is slower since the upgrade? I'm comparing before and after lunch in the city centre - so not very scientific. I'll wait 'til I get home to test before I draw a conclusion.

For me €17 is just cheap enough to justify keeping it. 5GB is a bit stingy, but I don't think I ever went near that. Have BB at home and Mega-BB at work, so it's only for on the move.

IP addresses don't appear to be proxied/NATed anymore.

edit -
    Panic over ...
    418855335.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ClaireyBee

I was allowing for the €29 one on post-pay, though! Are their call centres in Ireland or India, does anyone know? It would be a plus if they're Irish.

I work for meteor, call centre's are in waterford and dublin, think the broadband customer care is in Dublin

mad.mike wrote: »
    Yep there in Ireland afaik. Anytime i've rang them in the past its always been someone irish anyway.
    ClaireyBee wrote: »
    I work for meteor, call centre's are in waterford and dublin, think the broadband customer care is in Dublin

Thanks! I think I'll wait a while to see how people get on, speed-wise, as more people sign up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

mad.mike wrote: »
    Anybody received their credit yet? The CC girl said Thursday.
    *checks* Nope, not yet... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

*checks* Nope, not yet... :(
    Checking? Have you already told them what number you want it on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Random wrote: »

They'll ask you when they call.
    I'd like to change my decision, I'm not sure if I can call them back though.
    Could someone ask if they have a direct number when they get the call please ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Random wrote: »
    I got the call on Tuesday and opted for call credit rather than mobile broadband credit. The girl mentioned Thursday as the day it'd be credited, but still nothing.
    They'll ask you when they call.
    I'd like to change my decision, I'm not sure if I can call them back though.
    Could someone ask if they have a direct number when they get the call please ?
    The call comes from Meteor International Customer Care - 014307085 - if that's any use to you.

number is 1905

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

number is 1800333085
    Is that the one given out at the start of the trial? Or is that for all BB querys now?

Hi Random,
    That's the new mobile broadband support number, the customer care reps answering are supposed be trained especially for this now
    Hey claireybee, any idea when we're getting our credit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

lol, no, I'm not in customer care so not my department! If you bug 'em again on Monday you'll prob have it by Friday!

What department are you in ClaireyBee, if you don't mind me asking?

Crikey.
    Meteor says on their broadband website bit that their network is 14.4 Mb ready, even though their devices can only do 7.2
    I did not know that.

Crikey.
    Meteor says on their broadband website bit that their network is 14.4 Mb ready, even though their devices can only do 7.2
    I did not know that.

No handset currently available is capable of reaching those speeds either, so it's not as if it's a point worth broadcasting on their website. If anything, it just confuses customers and has the potential to cause a backlash when consumers, like yourself, put together the facts that the "potential" speed of the network and the "actual" speed of the modem are two very different things.

• Advertisement

Rsaeire wrote: »
    If anything, it just confuses customers and has the potential to cause a backlash when consumers, like yourself, put together the facts that the "potential" speed of the network and the "actual" speed of the modem are two very different things.

True, but in fairness they do point this out explicitly on their site.

True, but in fairness they do point this out explicitly on their site.

I understand your point, however, there's little to no point in advising of a feature that nobody can avail of.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Can i convert unused phone credit to a bill pay discount if i decide to change to bill pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭kirving

I got a call from meteor thanking me for being on the trial, and telling me I'd get an email about the new software for the modem. She also asked which account I'd liek the credit applied to, and I asked for my phone to be topped up. Still nothing! Still, free modem aint a bad deal!

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Can i convert unused phone credit to a bill pay discount if i decide to change to bill pay?

Asked the nice lady about that, no dice.
    Tempted by de Lite ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Asked the nice lady about that, no dice.
    Yea, i rang CC to ask where my credit was and to ask that. I also got a "no, it's not possible."

Just double checking :P
    Tempted by de Lite ?
    Ya, very much so.

I asked this question in another post a while back and two people said it was possible, maybe it just depends on who you talk to. I know i plan on moving to bill pay lite once i get the credit! If they would ever get a move on!

Just rang CC again. He said he didn't think it was possible, but he'd go and check for me.

Turns out it is possible :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Did you see Uprooooooted's tweet tho???

• Advertisement

mathew wrote: »
    Did you see Uprooooooted's tweet tho???

Nope, but have you got a link? Whats it about?
    Just rang CC again. He said he didn't think it was possible, but he'd go and check for me.

Turns out it is possible

Did they tell you how it would work, like will they be able to sort it out in the shop or do we have to ring up cc?

Advertisement