Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Announce Mobile Broadband Trial

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Any news on credit for anyone?

Nothing for me yet :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Me either. Gonna ring up again later.
    mad.mike wrote: »
    Did they tell you how it would work, like will they be able to sort it out in the shop or do we have to ring up cc?
    Said they should be able to do it in the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Has anyone tried getting an unlock code for their modem.

You know the usual line, "Going on holidays to Greece... blah blah blah.. no roaming agreement blah blah"

The cheapest place I could find online was £20 STG.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

was due to get it last Friday (27.02.2009) but when it didnt arrive by 6pm i rang them.

they said nobody got it due to a fault and that we should have it before next Friday (6.03.2009), but if we didnt have it by afternoon time to ring again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Does the modem work on edge all around the country? or is only working on the 3G signal....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Does the modem work on edge all around the country? or is only working on the 3G signal....
    All over the country.

That's why it is miles better than 3 ;)

jmccrohan wrote: »
    All over the country.

wouldn't know, I never had a 3 modem longer than 14 days:)

is there any difference between 02 edge and meteor edge? same maxmium speed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Seems like they are giving different answers to everyone, I rang up there last night and was told that we haven't been given the credit yet because they are still trying to get in contact with some of the people on the trial to see which number they want the credit added to, that way the can add it all in one batch. She said we should be get it in the next 2-3 days:rolleyes:

Surely they could just add the credit to the people that they did get a hold of and send a message to the rest telling them to ring customer care or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

No credit yet but got an email today (what I like most is the future tense ;) ):
    [HTML]
    Original Message
    Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:52 AM
    Subject: Broadband link

Thanks for being part of the mobile broadband trial. Meteor Broadband to Go will launch on Thursday the 26th of February. The great news is it’s now cheaper for you to use – only €2.99 a day or €19.99 for a 30 day pass.
    To get these great prices you don’t need to do anything just continue to use the device like before. There is however updated software online which you can download if you would like. You can get it at this link:
    www.Meteor.ie/broadbandtogo/payg/device_upgrades
    This link will be available from Thursday the 26th of February
    If you have any queries lease contact our Customer Service team on 1800 333 085
    Meteor[/HTML]

just off the phone to Customer Service there, they are having problems issueing the credit but we are due to receive it sometime next week!!

heard this last week and the week before too!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

long_b wrote: »
    Has anyone tried getting an unlock code for their modem.

You know the usual line, "Going on holidays to Greece... blah blah blah.. no roaming agreement blah blah"

The cheapest place I could find online was £20 STG.

Customer Service "had never been asked for that before". Was supposed to get back to me with details.

*Waits*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Was taking a browse around Meteor.ie and saw this (link). Very interesting, I've been wanting to see a map like that for quite a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Adro947 wrote: »
    Was taking a browse around Meteor.ie and saw this (link). Very interesting, I've been wanting to see a map like that for quite a while!

I thought meteor had full edge coverage, not according to their own website in the above link they dont

Walkman wrote: »
    I thought meteor had full edge coverage, not according to their own website in the above link they dont
    Nope. In in regions that they roam on vodafone afaik.

Nope. In in regions that they roam on vodafone afaik.

Alot of Meteor's own network doesn't have it either, I'm sure it'll be added soon enough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

All over the country.

So this statement about meteor having full edge coverage would not be true :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Credit arrived! :)

Walkman wrote: »
    So this statement about meteor having full edge coverage would not be true :-P
    Correct :P

In fairness tho, I thought the reigons that they roamed on vodafone were much smaller.

I'm kinda surprised tbh.

But quiet you and dont be supporting drunkmonkey :pac:

mad.mike wrote: »
    Credit arrived! :)
    €85 credit = 8 months no bill with bill pay lite :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

This thread worries me now :(

• Advertisement

Nerin wrote: »
    This thread worries me now :(
    Why so?

Why so?

Well i ordered it the second i saw it on the website. Now i've a lot of careful reading to do :s

got my 50e free credit last night too, happy days!

In fairness tho, I thought the reigons that they roamed on vodafone were much smaller.

They are, the GPRS areas aren't Vodafone areas (well some are) but most of them are covered by Meteor, but EDGE is not enabled on the base stations.

Does anyone know if I could use this to get 5GB of data on my phone for €20 a month? I could easily handle changing the APNs and login details (if someone here gives them to me), but how would I actually activate the 5GB of data?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Adro947 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I could use this to get 5GB of data on my phone for €20 a month? I could easily handle changing the APNs and login details (if someone here gives them to me), but how would I actually activate the 5GB of data?
    You will not be able to for the following reasons:

- The service is only available when you buy a modem; not sim only
    - Voice calls are unavailable on the mobile broadband sim
    - You cannot have the required data bundle added to your account
    - You will not be able to have the required APN added to your account

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Rsaeire wrote: »
    You will not be able to for the following reasons:

- The service is only available when you buy a modem; not sim only
    - Voice calls are unavailable on the mobile broadband sim
    - You cannot have the required data bundle added to your account
    - You will not be able to have the required APN added to your account
    Exactly. You would be able to use the SIM in your handset and be able to access data etc... and all you would have to do is set up the required APN.

However, if you did this you would not be able to make / receive voice calls on the SIM because the broadband SIM's are data only. This can only be changed by your network operator but they will not do so.

Hmmm,just got mine now,will be testing it out later. One thing i noticed was the day pass runs out at exactly midnight,so if you start browsing at 10 you only get 2 hours,meh.

Also wondering about the month pass,can i physically get it,like walk into a shop and get it?
    I see it says i can order it on my laptop,wondering how that works. Will reread and test later.

But quiet you and dont be supporting drunkmonkey :pac:

That's twice in the one Day:)

http://blogmunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/bitch-slap-thumb.jpg

• Advertisement

Working well,even here in the wildlands.

Advertisement